FireFox Crashing In Full Screen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Post FireFox Crashing In Full Screen

Hi Otaku Forums Team, I just ask about my full screen problem in firefox that is related to otaku streamers, first of all i've been using firefox as my default browser no problems at all, but in last update before quantum has been release i've been experiencing adobe flash crash errors whenever i do full screen when i watch videos here. (My Adobe Flash Player is UpToDate)

Parameters that I have tried:
    I tried fullscreen in youtube it is functioning well.
    I tried the adobe hard acceleration walk through still the firefox crashes whenever i do fullscreen in otaku.

But when i use and run google chrome it is perfectly working the fullscreen mode.

Any insights guys on what causes this problem? Does firefox has compatibility issues on otaku-streamers fullscreen? Thanks in Advance guys

Sleepy Web Developer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Did you toggle Enable Adobe Flash Protected Mode & see if how it behaves?

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply sir, no not yet, haven't tried that one.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I just check just now, firefox has remove the enable/disable protected mode feature it its addon settings

Sleepy Web Developer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

There are a couple of things that come to mind, but it can range from your graphics card to the operating system you're running. If you have a discreet or dedicated GPU, did you check to see if it is updated?

Also, I would check two other things.

1.) If you're running Windows 7 and later, check your Visual Effects settings and make sure that Windows is choosing what is best for performance.

2.) Did you make any performance changes via a dedicated or discreet graphics card?

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1stKaiser View Post
    There are a couple of things that come to mind, but it can range from your graphics card to the operating system you're running. If you have a discreet or dedicated GPU, did you check to see if it is updated?

Also, I would check two other things.

1.) If you're running Windows 7 and later, check your Visual Effects settings and make sure that Windows is choosing what is best for performance.

2.) Did you make any performance changes via a dedicated or discreet graphics card?

Im using a laptop with 710m nvidia dedicated graphics, I was thinking of some performance issue on firefox update on otaku-streamers fullscreen mode? Cause the later version of firefox, i did not experience this problem, but when they updated i cant do fullscreen mode anymore, and i dont think its my video card hardware cause i can do fullscreen mode on google chrome. Any advice sir?

Sleepy Web Developer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

The reason I am making these suggestions is because I suspect that Adobe Flash is not fully compatible with the updated version of Firefox that came out recently for people who have specific AMD & GPUs. By toggling with settings in Visual Effects and GPU settings, it gives me a clue on whether or not the updated Firefox is having an issue emulating your OS & GPU performance settings. That's why I'm asking if you did played with these settings even though the problem doesn't exist on other browsers.

I'm out of ideas at the moment, but some people recently complained about similar bugs to Adobe as of last week and it got the attention of staff. I'll see how that develops.