Witchcraft and the Occult?
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Witchcraft and the Occult?

Hi guys!

I'm just wondering if anyone here is into or interested in witchcraft or any aspect of occult type things.

As for myself, my family has generations of witches. My paternal grandmother was a witch. My mother is a witch. My sister and one of my younger brothers are both witches. And my youngest brother practices necromancy. I, myself am a witch and also am studying necromancy, as I have a friend who has agreed to be my teacher for necromancy.

As far as the type of craft I do, it's mostly spells for protection and healing of others. I also make charm bags to ward or protect against certain things. I also use Ouija boards, both bought and homemade, to contact the spirits. Another thing I just started doing recently is tarot card reading. I've read for plenty of people so far and some who I've read for things involving the past and present have told me they blown away by how accurate the readings are. I tell them it's not necessarily me, but the cards and the spirits guiding both me and the cards. And I don't charge them for readings, as I just want to help. I let them know that I accept donations, but I am just doing it to help people.

So anyways, do any of you participate in any form of witchcraft or occult practices?
    I would love to talk with anyone else who may be a part of that community.
    ~I would have loved anyone so long as I became dependent on him.~

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

In what way do they practice necromancy...? For me that kind of depicts raising the dead or bringing stuff back to life.
    "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know"

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Necromancy isn't just raising the dead, in fact, you don't even have to raise the dead to be considered a necromancer. Necromancy is more or less the dark or forbidden arts.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I wouldn't say that I am particularly devoted to any sort of craft or pantheon, however I do believe in nature, energy, affirmations, law of attraction, oneness, as above so below, as within so without, etc....which is all harnessed in witchcraft. I have experience with spirits, ouija boards, and the use of crystals. I've always had an interest in witch craft and respect those that practice, just as I would any person who is devoted to a particular belief system.

What exactly does is mean to learn and practice necromancy? I would assume its not literally bringing things back from the dead.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

You would be right in not literally bringing back the dead. Necromancy is more of the dark or forbidden magick. It deals with stuff like curses, hexing, and summoning of spirits and/or demons. It entails a whole lot, which I can't go into too much detail about right now, especially since I am still only beginning to learn necromancy myself. I don't intend to use what I learn to harm others, however. I want to learn necromancy so that, in turn, I could possibly learn the best ways to negate attacks and such.

Generally though, necromancy, as I said, is more the the dark/forbidden stuff. Generally, the witches/practitioners who are focused on healing and helping people would look down on a witch who is learning/studying necromancy, simply because it isn't the best practices to be studying due to it being dark-natured and harmful.

The bane of your potato. SoulTaku's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'm not really into the occult but it would be cool if there's a way to keep your consciousness after death. That way, you get to see future cars and see how far humanity can go. Heck even watching along someone watching anime and such as a ghost.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strata View Post
    No and I think those types of activities should be a punishable offence.
    Just curious but why?

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I have no interest in practicing any witchcraft or even knowing a witch but I have seen some seriously freeky stuff in my time and would urge caution to everyone who is. Remember once you open yourself up to outside energies you do not get to choose which ones influence you as you are simply a receptor. Besides as a Christian I cannot follow the path nor wish to. But you made a neat thread for expressing view points.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frankenfal View Post
    I have no interest in practicing any witchcraft or even knowing a witch but I have seen some seriously freeky stuff in my time and would urge caution to everyone who is. Remember once you open yourself up to outside energies you do not get to choose which ones influence you as you are simply a receptor. Besides as a Christian I cannot follow the path nor wish to. But you made a neat thread for expressing view points.
    I understand where you are coming from. Funny thing is I grew up as a Christian, and still do believe in and have a relationship with God, but I still do study witchcraft. I don't think I would call myself a Christian, but I am a believer in God, I just don't really agree with done things in the bible and some just don't add up to me. (Just adding, but I also grew up in Christian schools and therefore had to study the bible alongside the normal school curriculum.) And I still go to church every Sunday and Wednesday with my boyfriend's parents.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Because it is of the Devil.
    Being raised as a Christian, I understand that logic, but at the same time I disagree.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

If you aren't a Christian it is natural to disagree. I am of the authoritarian variety politically speaking, so I want to lock most people up. ;p
    I was a Christian for like, 80% of my life, and was raised going to Christian schools, and even now I still attend a Christian church. But I just can't see anything wrong with magic as I see no difference between magic and the miracles Jesus performed.

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I was adopted into a family of witches. Most of what they practice is kept secret even from me but I do know they're individual abilities. My adopted mom for example is a dream walker, where as my brother is an empath/telepath and my sister is well no one is really sure what she is.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

That's really cool.

OS Benefactor
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Overall I think all types of things are needed for a successful society. Tending to the energy, self, etc. are pretty important and anyone who would lean towards helping a populace 'ruled by technology' is probably doing an alright thing. Though this is coming from a person who was raised, forcefully, among several religions as they aged and thoughtfully decided to practice wiccan religious practices for a few years. Herbal tinctures, prays to the natural forces and spells for health/protection.
    I think its a grand undertaking and will probably take a lot of flak from people as it always has. But like time has proved over and over, you'll have no end of seekers looking to benefit from your service.