Hello | Apologies | Questions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Discord has forum integration applets, permissions and such can be shared with the site automatically.

I've never really used the forums ever though :L

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'll always stick around! .....Even though I pretty much only lurk. If I get the raise I'm hoping for in 5 or 6 months, I'll also be in a position to donate finally, so I'll show my support by throwing money at the site and silently cheering everyone one.

I know that doesn't help much, but it's better than nothing right?

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I am doing good, but on the radio I heard about a girl in Ireland who sailed to international waters and with the help of a medium married a hation pirate captain ghost. I wish I could interview people like that and ask them, are you for real? I mean ghosts existing is debatable, but to marry one..completely silly ;-)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i appreciate the honesty and this has been and remains to stay the best anime site around!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

If there are events, I would totally join if they interest me. For rewards, I feel like maybe a cool name tag would do! Let's get OS alive this year! :D

I'll never say goodbye,that's how it always is~

OS Citizen
    Thanks

Well Im still with you guys though not super active though since Im also struggling with some stuffs BUT yep to answer your questions,
    Yep Im fine with participating without badge (*cries) but to boost the activeness of everyone maybe you need to set up a tracker for the site which will tell you have active we are in the past months or weeks then at the long run thats the time when you give like a limited profile feature.

For forum, what i noticed so far is theres not much of a new topic thats why Im not as active there as before. maybe admin should start to post new topic every week. Even the news about new animes are not really emphasized. lol but yeah otaku forevs.

hope this helps :D
    Thanks for making OS alive as always~

Banzaaaaiii~

Thanks

I am able to stay on this site, I love OS I may not chat in sb as much as the next person or reply to many forums but I still am here. As long as OS is alive I should be here, now as for events if they are meet ups I probably can't with school, if in site(OS) events then maybe depending on time. ;) but to keep everyone in the community here or there and talking would be harder, people can lose interest in things quickly or slowly, if they lose interest at all. It's what happens, so personally sorry but I do not have any ideas to bring everyone together without it interfering with others. Also I personally doubt medals are needed but to some it may be different.

OS' Red-Haired Adventurer KusanagiShir's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I still use PC for this site. Let's start the year off with a mighty FUS RO DAH!!!!
    Otaku Streamers' unofficial #1 Ys fan & Expert

Visit My Backloggery!

Below Average

Upload
    1074 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Alright! Guys, I would like to sincerely thank you all for your input, encouragement and appreciation. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenciao View Post
    This will sound silly but, as reward just a star/icon under/on your profile pic,keeps adding like Diablo 3's paragon levels :p simple but effective? idk haha
    May I ask if you could show me? Sorry, this is the only forum site I go to, hahahaha. :D

in regards to potential changes for the benefit of the community,i'll just throw whatever comes to mind out here,a good brainstorm session would help :

Moving the chatbox to be visible at the front page,maybe top left or top center,this way you see if people are around or not (Osu,the game,has a chat on their front page,so that's an example,the SB is a bit small/limiting for active communication since there's delay,etc in my opinion,you have to go out of your way for the chatbox,if it's even enabled in the first place)

Forum related : archiving threads older than 5-6 years? (to be visited in an archived section if you'd like) This opens up the posibility of creating new threads on a similar topic,but not be flooded by +120 pages

Make a monthly or every 2-3 months contest for suggesting improvements to the site (in a reasonable way,ofc) & reward a special title or something to the winner,this might help,or not,idk?

wish I could give more suggestions but i'll think about it,see if I can come up with more ideas
    Hmmm, I'm listing every idea everyone has and we'll see if Jim will agree. After all, I'm just the secretary and he's the owner, hahaha. :D

in regards to rewards : A handwritten letter from Dudette,sent with love XD (jk)
    Hahahaha, NO. ^^" I might disappoint you. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiotsh View Post
    Getting new events in OS would be really nice. If we get a one-month notice, I think more people could prepare for it, or maybe during the summer holidays. As for the rewards, if the medals are no longer possible, why not grant the winners a special colour (temporary or not), a title or a little distinction related to the event, that would go with their names (bouquet, flower, ribbon ...) or more otaku-related : )

Regarding the 'reviving the SB' part, do you think it could be possible to have an audio-device that would host a few seconds' recording? That would liven things up a bit without being compulsory.

Cheers!
    That would be a great idea!! But it will take us a while to have it implemented. :D As for the audio device, I believe Jim could do that. :D

Quote Originally Posted by ZetsuRavez View Post
    for number 1... if i could join an event, i'm ok with keeping some points and wait for the medal...

for #2... not sure if this is related to forums and such but i would like to see some news/event/happenings posted in front of the site like those old days (for example... bato.to is shutting down on jan18)... i always checked those topics cuz i really don't checked on forums(i don't know how to check forums... sad)...

for #3... unique color name/unique font name/ few decorations would be good...
    We actually had news before but it died down and the motivation post more was gone.. However, we could do that again. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ZetsuRavez View Post
    for #4... of course yes... even if the updates are late i still wait... i don't event watch anime on other sites, except if the videos are blurred/pixelated... its sad that i can't watch those blurred/pixelated videos...
    Hmm, please let us know if you happen to get across videos that need to be fixed. My personal accounts are in my signature below. Feel free to message me directly. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by CatTrain View Post
    Really Happy to hear we are going to give events and revamping the site another try!
    I'd be willing to participate without a reward, but as other have said a unique color or something small would still be really cool!
    I will be staying on board with OS for a long time to come.
    This goes without saying, myself and many other community members appreciate the work you guys do!
    Thank you!!
    This has been noted. We've been thinking about the whole thing to be honest but we will post anything concrete till we have it implemented. So no promises yet. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
    Still willing to participate the future activities of this site.
    And for the "aside from the award" matter, can you include to give "freebies"?
    Not just for the US but also around the world especially the PHILIPPINES?

Also, if there's an event here in PH (i.e., your hosted event),
    we, the Mindanao citizens, cant go to Manila for the event. :I
    So, i suggest to have events held also here in Mindanao.

P.S: 'Tis only a suggestion. :)
    Freebies like? O.o

Hmmm, actual meet-ups would be difficult. To be honest, I'm not the type to meet other people and I prefer to be at home but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by silverylook View Post
    No intention of leaving here! And I don't think medals are that big of a deal, more in it for the fun anyways. Maybe could make a sticker tab in OS instead? Instead of medals, get stickers on your profile page. Could even make some fun or rare ones for participating in events or things like that.
    Which part of the profile page would you like to have the stickers, if I may ask? :D

Quote Originally Posted by i1abnrk View Post
    I use the mobile site almost exclusively now and I'm sure many others also. A mobile version of the forum would most certainly get me to use it more. I have to use the desktop site to use forums which is unwieldy on my little screen. Thank for all your hard work. While on the subject can we get the mobile app working a little better for watch list and watch history? Thanks again.
    Yeppy-yep. We'll have the mobile version revamped and there will be new stuff to watch out for it. :) Don't worry, we add the mobile version in our priorities since most, if not all, users really on it than computers. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky16GhurL View Post
    For forum, what i noticed so far is theres not much of a new topic thats why Im not as active there as before. maybe admin should start to post new topic every week. Even the news about new animes are not really emphasized. lol but yeah otaku forevs.
    I think I've seen before an idea of having the topics made from 3 years ago be placed in archive so we can have them again under new threads? Is that the same thought as yours? :) Please let me know.

Again, thank you everyone for your thoughts and suggestions. :)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dudette09 For This Useful Post:

Tiotsh (02-05-2018)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

we need some
    in-stream episode discussion that links or have an option to post on the episode discussion, (with an opition to disable because of spoilers)
    an app for android or iphone
    . web browser OS is buggy. and i prefer using the desktop version
    hotkeys for the webplayer, its kind of anoying not being able to press a key to pause or forward or rewind
    REVIEW PAGE i love to contribute on reviews as a form of community engagement

thats the only recomendation i can make. as in my opinion the forum and the stream page are running separately, with little interaction with streamers, i would join disscusion of chapters if theres something similar as i said,

EDIT: i just realize we have an option like that so ignore it, no one use it. maybe have an incentive to use it.( i didnt even scroll more than i need to, so i miss it LOL)
    Last edited by hnnryy; 02-05-2018 at 10:17 PM. Reason: format + more suggestions

OS Citizen
    Thanks

yesss!! specially give picture thread and last one who post thing.
    Its there like forever. whenever I visit that part my initial reaction is uhmm how many times did I answer this already? lol.

sorry for the delayed reply, I was in Japan. I'll be posting that here for a new post sake. hahaha
    hope that helps :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette09 View Post
    Alright! Guys, I would like to sincerely thank you all for your input, encouragement and appreciation. :)

May I ask if you could show me? Sorry, this is the only forum site I go to, hahahaha. :D

Hmmm, I'm listing every idea everyone has and we'll see if Jim will agree. After all, I'm just the secretary and he's the owner, hahaha. :D

Hahahaha, NO. ^^" I might disappoint you. Lol.

That would be a great idea!! But it will take us a while to have it implemented. :D As for the audio device, I believe Jim could do that. :D

We actually had news before but it died down and the motivation post more was gone.. However, we could do that again. ^^

Hmm, please let us know if you happen to get across videos that need to be fixed. My personal accounts are in my signature below. Feel free to message me directly. ^^

This has been noted. We've been thinking about the whole thing to be honest but we will post anything concrete till we have it implemented. So no promises yet. ^^

Freebies like? O.o

Hmmm, actual meet-ups would be difficult. To be honest, I'm not the type to meet other people and I prefer to be at home but we'll see.

Which part of the profile page would you like to have the stickers, if I may ask? :D

Yeppy-yep. We'll have the mobile version revamped and there will be new stuff to watch out for it. :) Don't worry, we add the mobile version in our priorities since most, if not all, users really on it than computers. :)

I think I've seen before an idea of having the topics made from 3 years ago be placed in archive so we can have them again under new threads? Is that the same thought as yours? :) Please let me know.

Again, thank you everyone for your thoughts and suggestions. :)

Above Normal

Upload
    1177 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 234 Posts
    Blog Entries

Better late then never!

The first thing that came to my mind after reading a few sentences is "DISCORD DUDE, DISCORD." Then I saw you shut down discord. :(
    It's really a good platform.
    I personally enjoy it, useful than just typing and easier with the "voice" option.

Based on that you might want to try and expand the forum's community by adding gaming in it.
    Have a collective official group for OS gamers, have them mingle together and to do this, have a way for them to communicate through this website.
    I hope you get the idea, it's quite simple. XD

I have to be honest, forum alone is not going to cut it.
    You said it yourself, there's a forum activity decline throughout the internet.
    Also consider actively promoting OS through facebook, where most people check lately. (Page and group = dead)
    No idea for forum rewards.

Good luck!
    SB Rules || Rules. || Watch Kyo Kara Maoh! || F.A.Q. || Sign Here!

Spoiler :  

Thanks

Late on reading the forums! Thanks for all the hard work guys! Love this site! :)