Below Average

Upload
    1074 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Hello | Apologies | Questions

Hi everyone!! How’s your New Year so far?

Alright, to start this year…

On behalf of the OS staff, I would like to apologize for the delay of improvements on our part. We had encountered series of hurdles outside of OS which disabled us to focus on doing what we planned to implement. We got no other excuses and we sincerely hope you’d understand. "Orz

However, we still have intentions of keeping the site alive and most of us *coughs blood* had started the year in positive manner. Also, we have read, heard, seen and “felt” your inquiries regarding the activities for the community…which brings me to the second part of this post... ^^

I will be honest. As much as we would like to host events, we cannot guarantee the distribution of medals...which had been our trending award. This became one of our issues along with the decrease of activeness in the forum part of our site. Also, we honestly thought we could launch something new last year which evidently didn’t happen due to circumstances outside of OS that are beyond our control. -___-"

Yep, this may sound as an overused excuse but that’s what happened. However, we still fully intend to keep our promise of being honest to each and everyone.

So now, my questions are:

1. While we are preparing to launch *bleeeeeeep*, would you guys be willing to participate in events without the medals in the meantime? We intend to keep tabs of the scores for future rewards.
    2. Since there is a very noticeable decline of forum usage across the net, what could you suggest keeping the community in touch with one another? Please do not suggest Discord or such. We need one that is still “within” the site.
    3. Other than medals, what do you prefer to receive as rewards for participation and winning events?
    4. Will you stay with us? ?

That’s pretty much it. For suggestions, questions, and whatnot, please post them below.

PS. WE ARE IN NEED OF UPLOADERS. Orz

Let’s start this year engaging with our fellow Otakus and always remember...

ALL HAIL OS!!^^

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Dudette09 For This Useful Post:

CatTrain (01-13-2018), FAT4LS (01-12-2018), forecast (01-13-2018), GMSieghart (01-12-2018), jbluey (01-13-2018), Kris Luna (01-18-2018), LoliCaptorSayanome (01-13-2018), otakuguy6851 (01-14-2018), ranmachua (01-13-2018), Revirie (01-12-2018), ronag (01-14-2018), Tiotsh (01-13-2018), witchLeen (01-12-2018), wright405 (01-13-2018), Xenciao (01-13-2018), ZetsuRavez (01-13-2018)

=>LURKER OF THE DARK OS<=
    Upload
    195 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

hmm new events for os im in for that !

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Start of the year? rating it a so-so nothing special same as usual

OS Lurker
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

This will sound silly but, as reward just a star/icon under/on your profile pic,keeps adding like Diablo 3's paragon levels :p simple but effective? idk haha

in regards to potential changes for the benefit of the community,i'll just throw whatever comes to mind out here,a good brainstorm session would help :

Moving the chatbox to be visible at the front page,maybe top left or top center,this way you see if people are around or not (Osu,the game,has a chat on their front page,so that's an example,the SB is a bit small/limiting for active communication since there's delay,etc in my opinion,you have to go out of your way for the chatbox,if it's even enabled in the first place)

Forum related : archiving threads older than 5-6 years? (to be visited in an archived section if you'd like) This opens up the posibility of creating new threads on a similar topic,but not be flooded by +120 pages

Make a monthly or every 2-3 months contest for suggesting improvements to the site (in a reasonable way,ofc) & reward a special title or something to the winner,this might help,or not,idk?

wish I could give more suggestions but i'll think about it,see if I can come up with more ideas

in regards to rewards : A handwritten letter from Dudette,sent with love XD (jk)

I'm in for the long haul,been with this site for a good chunk of time so yeah

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Getting new events in OS would be really nice. If we get a one-month notice, I think more people could prepare for it, or maybe during the summer holidays. As for the rewards, if the medals are no longer possible, why not grant the winners a special colour (temporary or not), a title or a little distinction related to the event, that would go with their names (bouquet, flower, ribbon ...) or more otaku-related : )
    in regards to rewards : A handwritten letter from Dudette,sent with love XD (jk)

Regarding the 'reviving the SB' part, do you think it could be possible to have an audio-device that would host a few seconds' recording? That would liven things up a bit without being compulsory.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Tiotsh; 01-13-2018 at 03:45 AM.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Thanks for keeping OS alive throughout all these years. All hail OS!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

for number 1... if i could join an event, i'm ok with keeping some points and wait for the medal...

for #2... not sure if this is related to forums and such but i would like to see some news/event/happenings posted in front of the site like those old days (for example... bato.to is shutting down on jan18)... i always checked those topics cuz i really don't checked on forums(i don't know how to check forums... sad)...

for #3... unique color name/unique font name/ few decorations would be good...

for #4... of course yes... even if the updates are late i still wait... i don't event watch anime on other sites, except if the videos are blurred/pixelated... its sad that i can't watch those blurred/pixelated videos...

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Really Happy to hear we are going to give events and revamping the site another try!
    I'd be willing to participate without a reward, but as other have said a unique color or something small would still be really cool!
    I will be staying on board with OS for a long time to come.
    This goes without saying, myself and many other community members appreciate the work you guys do!
    Thank you!!
    "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know"

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

ive been here for meny of years, and i don't plan of up and leaving this awesome place any time soon. as for ideas make it look more fun, side note yes i would try to join stuff XD have done so in the past and usly just loose by o well XD hope this helps? and p.s you all do great work. don't let anything get you down on this! :D
    hello there! whats up?

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I really doubt I would leave, The only problem is that I mostly lurk.

Well I will participate if I see it so bring it on.

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

This year will mark my 9th year here on OS. I still remember how happy I was to find such an amazing site. Thank you all so much for keeping OS running.

I tend to lurk more than participate myself, and due to my work schedule I don't have a lot of extra time to participate in events. Maybe releasing a schedule of some events that will take place over the year would help those like me with limited free time?

As for rewards, like others have said a special color, title, symbol, etc would be fine. Maybe even something that would just transfer from winner to winner to encourage future participation.
    "Shining brightly, even for a split second, is better than living a dull-grey life for eternity."

Frustrated Mangaka
    Upload
    42 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Still willing to participate the future activities of this site.
    And for the "aside from the award" matter, can you include to give "freebies"?
    Not just for the US but also around the world especially the PHILIPPINES?

Also, if there's an event here in PH (i.e., your hosted event),
    we, the Mindanao citizens, cant go to Manila for the event. :I
    So, i suggest to have events held also here in Mindanao.

P.S: 'Tis only a suggestion. :)

OS's Shounen Samurai
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

So I've come back to check in after about 14-15 months away. Plenty of new faces around, some familiar ones too.

Observant Fiery Fox Diety
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Thanks for all of your (collective) hard work in keeping this site up and running. At the very least most of us appreciate all you've done. Events are always fun in the sense of bringing people together. I don't personally believe a reward is necessary every time. as for your questions about forum socializing, I dont normally socialize too much, so I cant give you much of an answer there.. however I see no reason in leaving, nor have I ever, which has lead my to stay with you for this long. (yes, even through the account thing we went through years ago ^_^) I plan to continue my otaku experience with you for as long as it is possible, so keep doing what you do!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Is this event open to everyone? I'm somewhat new and old here.

Thanks

yup.. I'm up for anything..

as for other rewards.. I agree about the points? Not in a ranking way..also about the Points why not make it for accessing new things in the website? I have a suggestion for the name.. name it "Otaku Points"

I'll stay until the day i die.
    Last edited by PerkZ; 01-14-2018 at 06:25 AM.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

best anime site eva

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

No intention of leaving here! And I don't think medals are that big of a deal, more in it for the fun anyways. Maybe could make a sticker tab in OS instead? Instead of medals, get stickers on your profile page. Could even make some fun or rare ones for participating in events or things like that.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have no intention of ever leaving OS.

I have been waiting so long for events to start happening again! I have no ideas as to the rewards for them, I just want to be able to participate in things again, to be completely honest.
    ~I would have loved anyone so long as I became dependent on him.~

Inactive Uploader

The land of Milky Holmes and Honey-sempai
    Upload
    38 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I use the mobile site almost exclusively now and I'm sure many others also. A mobile version of the forum would most certainly get me to use it more. I have to use the desktop site to use forums which is unwieldy on my little screen. Thank for all your hard work. While on the subject can we get the mobile app working a little better for watch list and watch history? Thanks again.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to i1abnrk For This Useful Post:

wright405 (01-17-2018)