Donor Club .....
    OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Donor Club .....

I have not found anything in the threads or faq about the idea of a donor club. Sounds kind of dumb? Perhaps. lol I was looking at the visit counter on the home page the other day and then looking at the donation count. I know that there are the badges and tags for supporters and the like, but is there something like a monthly donor club that might motivate the thousands of free visitors to join and pledge at least a dollar a month? I don't have any background in fund raising, so maybe this is just me being a noob. I mean, the site visits are in the millions and if something could get just 100k of them to give a dollar a month, heck even a dollar a year..... Just me thinking

The End-kun
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

There is little to no activity in the social aspects of OS nowadays. Everyone is either streaming or chatting in the shoutbox. The clubs are pretty much forgotten for the most part.

Not to discourage you, though. If you want to, go ahead and create the club and send invitations to everyone who qualifies for it, but keep your expectations low.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnarok For This Useful Post:

marwello (12-29-2017)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I am not really thinking on a private club. There are more than a few businesses that I have seen that do "membership clubs" as a means of getting people to pay extra for discounts (weird idea to pay for a discount - lol). So I was thinking that OS could do something like "pledge $ per month and get a cool new badge" or something. This thinking just comes out of the observation that we just scrape by some months on the donations. I don't have the cash to cover the monthly amount needed, but if enough people just gave a dollar, then we could keep OS flush for the future. Just saying. ;)