Very weird logout problem. Am I the only one?
    OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Very weird logout problem. Am I the only one?

Ok this is a weird "problem" I'm having. Not a hug deal truthfully but it seems weird. Anyway when I try to log out of OS I get his screen:
    OS weird.jpg

Now before any questions rise up like "why log out of OS?" and such as that. It's not want to stay logged out, but the situation just seems super weird to me. I stay logged in 24/7 with no problems, no streaming problems or anything like that.

And if the picture is too small to see (it seems small when i look at it in the post preview) essentially when I try to log out I get a 502 error and a screen that says my browers can not connect to the OS host.

credit for making goes to kongnjaal at deviantart.com

Sleepy Web Developer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Its not just you. I occasionally incur the same error as you, but I forgot to mention anything about it. My guestimation is that an error in the web server (Apache) configuration that handles the change to HTTPS may be causing it when it is trying to handle our logout request.

It can also be a more complex issue like HTTPS trying to act as both a proxy & a delegate. This is common when a large website switches from HTTP to HTTPS.

Either way, it isn't anything you're doing wrong. So you're good on least on that.

Spirit mound covered swampland between two lakes
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Is there a way to fix this.
    I stayed out at my parents house for a couple weeks. During that time I ended up watching a lot of anime with my mom and she asked if I could make her an account. However I cannot log out on her computer. I have tried many times on many different days and always get the exact same message shown by the original op.
    I'm out here again to visit for a couple days and she asked about it again so I figured I would give it another try, but it's still the same no matter how many times I try.
    I've tried logging out countless times on different days and at all different times of day. It's still doing the same thing today, weeks since the last time I was out here. At this point it seems that the wait and try again later approach is never going to work.
    Is there anything I can actually do about this?

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Serpent View Post
    Is there a way to fix this.
    I stayed out at my parents house for a couple weeks. During that time I ended up watching a lot of anime with my mom and she asked if I could make her an account. However I cannot log out on her computer. I have tried many times on many different days and always get the exact same message shown by the original op.
    I'm out here again to visit for a couple days and she asked about it again so I figured I would give it another try, but it's still the same no matter how many times I try.
    I've tried logging out countless times on different days and at all different times of day. It's still doing the same thing today, weeks since the last time I was out here. At this point it seems that the wait and try again later approach is never going to work.
    Its not really a fix but if you clear cache and cookies it would log you out of everything you logged in, in that browser.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Serpent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by forecast View Post
    Its not really a fix but if you clear cache and cookies it would log you out of everything you logged in, in that browser.
    Or, log in your other account in incognito mode if clearing the cache seems too troublesome.

Thanks

You are the only one.