Have you become different in a weird way because of anime IRL? or nah?
    He Who Must Not Be Named FAT4LS's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Post Have you become different in a weird way because of anime IRL? or nah?

i have been watching anime in all my life....and it gradually change me over the years... in a good/bad way lol... its like i got the feeling that i don't wanna be disturb by anyone anymore. when watching anime alone or not..and when my friends or family are inviting me on something...i always tend to refused...and prefer watching anime/movies or playing games rather than going out and waste my time on something i wont probably enjoy...cuz, i have experienced something that.."i regret". that i should have never done this or that...

for me time is gold...every seconds, minutes and hours...is important to me...so rather than doing something that they like...i prefer on doing something that i like.. rather than people pointing out on what to do and giving decisions. weird right?..lol

and there are times that its the opposite.. like when i want to hang out with my friends and .having fun..spending the night...playing games etc... and then with my family..spending time and going out to watch movies in cinema etc. etc...

maybe because...there will be a times that i wont be able to enjoy the things that i like anymore...even if i can still do it...it will just be "limited". unlike before...i have all the time....to do whatever i want and enjoying it...till it lasts...
    Last edited by FAT4LS; 05-25-2017 at 09:07 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FAT4LS For This Useful Post:

Toastiannn (09-11-2020)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well, since I am a fan I would definitely treat it as a positive rather than negative, but yeah, there are times that I prefer staying inside my house and watch my daily animus and prons rather than going outside but there are also times that I feel like going outside just to check if I would finally get transfer to another world. Oh, yeah, that's weird. Lmao

All jokes aside, I am weird when I am alone but I always put a facade when needed, just to mix in with those who aren't in the same hobby as mine. Kaito Kid's motto is actually motivating, to put a poker face when needed. "Smiles and laughter are always good, but don't forget your poker face"

Naoe Yamato's mindset is an example that you should expand your circle of "friends" so you can use them when needed which is canny but also useful, but you should limit your interactions with them so you won't get attached to them or something.

TL;DR, I think socializing and making someone, at least, not your enemy is a smart way to do. And, I'd like to think this hobby of ours is affecting me in a good way and a way relieve the real world stress. It sounds like escapism ain't it? Kek

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

yeah I learn that some things can be werid my new weird thing is i like to make jokes like anime or dance like them lol XD not much of a change but i just really ejoy anime! :D
    hello there! whats up?

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I don't let anime get in the way of activities. I do, however, enjoy time spent with friends who also watch anime. We joke around and do the stupid Naruto running or quote anime in regular conversation.
    Well pssh yeah aight

Kuroyukihime
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

as an otaku it looks weird or crazy to other people at all but at the same time this is what you makes happy at all or a freedom of expression. I think most of the time or free time that I have spend watching this going to some events, playing games grinding for an event it needs a lot of time but making sure to balance it for family, relatives and friends around it's nothing wrong to do what you want but be mindful sometimes at our surroundings that not all people can understand us but also a sign of respect a balance one for a peace of mind of people around and don't let them worry at all

Thanks

Anime made me really interested in japan and Japanese related things
    Genius's are Born, Not Created

Thanks

honestly, yes. It has changed my behaviors in real life. I will find myself making noises when I move and just random noises all the time and it is really strange. I am not trying to do it. It just happens after binging a lot of anime.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Hmm, I don't think it's changed me enough to really think about, other than the "obvious" such as having a LOT of japanese music on my spotify lists. I've always been shy and stayed away from people unless I'm in a situation where I'm expected to interact with others, so I can't blame that on anime. Whether it's anime, gaming, or simply a decent book, I'll choose that over socializing more often than not. Though if I'm heavily into an anime, that will ofcourse make me wanna stay home even more, but I'll still head out if I've made plans - I won't cancel.

Thanks

For years of watching anime and playing dota, I've learned that its ok to be alone. It changed my perspective toward friends (cause I am focused watching slice of life genre / tragedy ) that I do not expect too much. For some weird part, there was a time before I always expect that friends will stay forever similar to anime however reality teach you a lesson. Sometime without communication, talking to some I have been closed with became awkward like 2 years of fruitful high-school life meant nothing. Well there is some that it did not matter even we talk like once every year (keep them seriously, they are good friends ). Today I have not expecting too much from a friendship.
    Most of my playlist are english, followed by japanese, to remember the anime I've used to belonged before,binge watch and rewatch.
    Its ok to be alone
    Its ok not to have many friends
    But it is not ok if you are always alone.

Thanks

I is introverted similar to you. I feel like I lose energy when I'm with other people, like 80% of the time especially when they try to meet with me and hang out and I say ok to be nice. I really don't care about it. Taknows it's ok to be alone and not have many friends but you should take care of your health and physical fitness, very important.

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

For the longest time when "Death Note" first came out, no matter where I (school, dinner with the family, etc.) I would sit like L. I got many detentions for refusing to sit normal in class.