What do you think about the Anime that are made in CGI??
    He Who Must Not Be Named
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Cool What do you think about the Anime that are made in CGI??

first of all...i haven't watched any animated series or movies that is made out of CGI...but i know some of them...for me.. as i see it...its really fine i guess? because CGI is very helpful and make tons of things easier for the animators. But, i know that some of us will disagree because of the different style....its like you are watching something so different that it feels so "eerie" for you to watch. because to us we got so accustomed of the 2D art style of watching an anime rather than animated CGI.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

CGI seems fine to me, abit of a change time to time from normal 2D animes.

Knights of Sidonia and Ajin are quite good also the new one Seikaisuru Kado plot is interesting to watch.

Kuroyukihime
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

cgi is good as long as how clean they are after the editing, some looks a mess but I think its a standard not because it makes things easier for animators but also you can do something incredible at the same time on battle cgi

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmm, it makes me uncomfortable. I dunno why, but it just does not settle good with me.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

artists have been using cgi in anime for a while, just not in obvious ways. A lot of the dogfight scenes in aerial combat or just dodging lasers and missiles in mecha anime uses cgi to enhance the artwork. However, the heavy use of it for the total anime is something I'm not a huge fan of. Berserk 2016 and 2017 is an example of terrible cgi usage. And as much as I liked the story of Ajin, I just could not watch it due to the animation. But the Lupin III cgi film was pretty good. So I would say that should the studios start pumping out cgi of the quality of the Lupin III film then I'd be all for it. Otherwise, stick with what works well.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

While I agree that too heavy CGI usage is very uncomfortable to watch, there are a few exceptions, though the only one that comes to mind for me is Ajin. 95% of the time when I see an anime that uses CGI for all of its animations I can't watch more than one or two episodes, if even that.

It's a real shame really, so many good stories become unenjoyable to me cause I'm too "picky"

Kyle#7777
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

CGI is just like regular animation in the sense that it's going to look as good as the effort and skill put into it. I personally prefer regular animation because 3DCGI can never be as expressive as regular animation can.