How to Overcome the Depressions After the "Ending"
    OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default How to Overcome the Depressions After the "Ending"

Haven't posted in OS in quite a while but I guess it'd be interesting to put this here. Forgive me if there is already a thread for this...

How to Overcome the Grief after "The End"

"There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”
    ― Frank Herbert (quote found randomly)

How does one overcome the flares of emotions once a story is over? What do you think? What are your experiences?
    Here, in our OS community, are many individuals who find attachment to anime and dramas: stories of specific taste. Though there are a multitude of different styles, there is always one inevitability known as "The End." Many of us eagerly await the climax. We desire those final moments of our friends and enemies where the adventure can reach its peak. It's what keeps us coming back. Even so, a few of us have found something sad at these endings...as though we have lost something or someone very dear to us. Truthfully, we have. We can no longer indulge in the pleasures of these lives we have grown so attached to. As we look into the vast expanse of nothingness beyond the credits, there is a pain in our hearts. Yes, some of you have felt it too. I hope this thread can be a place where we can find remedies for this and give action to those who wish to use them.
    Spoiler :  
    "You have to establish the horizon. You have to mark the white. A simple enough act, you might say, but any act that re-makes the world is heroic. Or so I've come to believe."

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

The feels. I always ask myself after finishing a series, "what am I gonna do with my life anymore", when you get hooked into a really good anime.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I have been in that situation where I had grown attached to an anime and was hoping for the happy ever after ending but instead got one with hurt and sadness. After I find myself sad and depressed and wondering why it had to end like that. :/

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I overcome it by watching another series

Dungeon Crawler
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

The last time this happened to me in a serious way was when I beat Persona 4 Golden for the first time. There were a good 2 or 3 days where I felt pretty bad knowing I'd never have my P4G cherry popped again.

Relatively recently it happened when I got caught up on the No Game No Life light novels. Though to be fair the story isn't over, but novels take much longer to be translated than manga or anime. Also its looking like Tokyo Ghoul:re will likely be ending soon so I'm sure I'll be getting it bad when it does. Though I can't see it being satisfactorily done in the next chapter unless its A) not actually over, or B) we have a situation similar to going from TG to TG:re. Though the later would be pretty unsatisfactorily as well, but at least it'd be coming. I need plenty more Touken action in my life fam.

As far as anime, it'd likely be when I finished Assassination Classroom. That was most certainly a fantastic series.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

its feels like your mission accomplished for the meantime and your currently sit down and reminisce how good is that...
    "Trust your own instinct. Your mistake might as well be your own, instead of someone else's" - Billy Wilder