Usagi Drop is a very real-life kinda movie. This means that parts are kind of dry, especially at the beginning. This made it difficult to get into and made me wonder if it was even worth watching. However, once the movie got moving and I got into the thick of the story, I started to actually like it. This movie really centers around what it really means to be a parent while also exploring the meaning of family (thought this part sits more on the back burner than in the foreground). Following single, 27-year old Daikichi, who has a very successful and demanding career, and his illegitimate and orphaned six-year-old aunt, Rin, this movie examines what it really means to be a parent while also exploring the meaning of family (thought this part sits more on the back burner than in the foreground). True, this movie moves a bit slowly, especially at first, but if you're looking for a bit of slice-of-life, give this movie a shot and don't let it's dry, slow beginning deter you from finishing. It is a nice, feel-good kind of story.