Ouran High School Host Club (Live Action Series)
    OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Ouran High School Host Club (Live Action Series)

Okay, so normally I would try to watch the anime/read the manga that a drama is based off of before I post a review about it, seeing as one of the important factors in how good a live action adaption is how close it gets to the original. However, this drama will have to be an exception as I tried to watch the anime but just couldn't get into it (gomen). That being said, I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed this live action adaption on its own. This drama has the right mix of a good cast of character, humor, and downright, over-the-top silliness. Who doesn't enjoy a case of little mistaken identity? I found myself wishing that I had a host club at my high school (lol) and I loved the different dynamics between characters, though I do wish they were further explored. Yes, the acting is over-the-top and things that happen in this drama aren't realistic (but represent very real concepts), but I feel that that is part of its charm. So, if you're looking for something full of silliness to get you out of the monotony of the real world, give Ouran High School Host Club a try.

Have you seen the anime/read the manga? Please give your thoughts.
    "Forget the lingering darkness in your scars
    and pour so much light into everything you touch,
    the universe will have to create brighter stars
    once you're gone."
    -D. Antoinette Foy

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

i couldn't watch the drama.. tamaki in the drama was a bit weird to me :/ i know he's supposed to be very funny but in the drama it was a bit too much
    Be who you want to be.

OS Supporter
    Thanks

I've been trying to get around to watching more of the drama, but sometimes I don't have as much time to.
    As for the anime I have seen it and finished it when I first started liking anime about 2 years ago. And I enjoyed the manga and Kaoru is probably my favorite character in the story other than maybe Haruhi or Tamaki.