Ruruouni Kenshin (Live Action Movies)
    OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Ruruouni Kenshin (Live Action Movies)

Attention all die-hard Rurouni Kenshin fanatics (wait...that might just be me LOL)! If you've seen the Rurouni Kenshin anime or read the manga, you may have been wondering about these live action movies. Well, wonder no more. As a completely obsessed Kenshin Himura fan, I was a bit worried upon hearing that someone was going to turn my beloved series into a live action, but I am here to tell you that these movies are well worth watching. True, this trio of movies fails to follow the stories they portray, but this is to be expected. However, the movies still do a decent job of following Kenshin Himura through Meiji Era Japan as well as adapting the series into stand alone moves (and yes, that means sacrifices). Not only that, but they did justice to the characters we know and love. Takeru Satoh truly captures our beloved Kenshin Himura. True, the live actions are more focused on the action then the humor we are familiar with in order to give it a more serious tone, but all is not lost. Some of our light-hearted humor survives. Worried about the quality of the fight scenes? Don't be. These films deliver on that front as well. CG is kept to a necessary minimum and wire tricks that some of us are used to seeing are only used to enhance these scenes to make it better fit the fighting styles we are used to from the anime but still keeps it believable. All in all, I would say the only thing I have against these movies is that Kaoru (played by Emi Takei) is far too pretty (grrrr....), but then I always did hate her anyway. LOL

So. If you loved (or even liked) Rurouni Kenshin and have been leery of these live action adaptions, then worry no more. Go ahead, watch them, enjoy them. These live action adaptions have this die-hard fanatic's seal of approval. ;)
    Last edited by Koryuu; 01-30-2017 at 08:29 PM.
    "Forget the lingering darkness in your scars
    and pour so much light into everything you touch,
    the universe will have to create brighter stars
    once you're gone."
    -D. Antoinette Foy