What was the most time you spent playing a game?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Finest Wine
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default What was the most time you spent playing a game?

For me, I spent a ridiculous amount of time playing Majora's Mask (blind). Spent over a week trying to finish that damn game lol. First is the main game, but then you have ALL the other side quests that the people of Termina provide. Not to mention getting all the heart pieces, and whatever bottles there are, as well as challenges to get upgraded items.

How about you?
    Glitter Is The Herpes Of Art; You May Think It's Gone, But It Always Comes Back

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

First off, I laughed when I looked at the time you posted this at. I pretty much got the impression that you beat a game really late at night and then had to pose the question after realizing how long you'd been playing for. XD

For RPG games, there's a few that I've hit the 200-300 hour mark on (Skyrim, Witcher 3, and Final Fantasy 12 come to mind), but that was after cleaning out most of the sidequests in the game. I strongly prefer long story-rich games like these to alternative options.

For MMOs, Guild Wars 2 is something I'd put around 1,000 hours into a few years ago. That was back when I wasn't working and was just waiting for my government security clearance here in the U.S. to finish processing, so there was nothing for me to do in the day but play.

For online games outside of the MMO category, Dota 2 and Mass Effect 3 are also 1,000+ hours for me, with Mass Effect 3 probably breaching the 2,000 hour mark. Those two started as games to play an hour or two a day for and things just added up over time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LastVanguard For This Useful Post:

purpledrank (07-12-2016)

Thanks

I probably put in a couple hundred hours any of the Call of Duty's from Modern Warfare up to Black Ops, and probably about the same amount into Halo 3. On the single player side, I most likely logged a few hundred into Persona 4 and the Devil Survivor games.

Thanks

I have have over 500 hours logged in Halo wars, same in battlefield 3. I Have around 800 on Halo 3 though XD But in one long gaming session, 30+ hours, started friday night and ended sunday. That was a tough weekend, with no sleep at all, but it was a few different games like GTA 4 and COD MW2 and some Gears of War being played.
    "WHY ISN'T IT WORKING??!"

=>LURKER OF THE DARK OS<=
    Upload
    195 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

i have spent 1000 hours playing dota2 !haha!

The Artistic Writer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Games take me a long time to finish, if for any reason I have other obligations. It also don't help that I play multiple games at once either lol.

While I don't know the exact times, I know I spend a good couple hours playing through various games from Kingdom Hearts 1.5 to Tales of Graces. I mostly like have 20 hours or so into that game. I also been playing Dragon Age Origins 2 and Fallout 4; because I'm playing on my fiance's game, I have no idea how many hours I have put into either game. I can tell you I've been playing them for the past couple months. As I said, I have a very busy life and rarely have time to finish a game. Witcher 3 is also another game I probably got 20 hours plus in because that is such a huge game. So much to do, so little time to do it all.
    Take on the world with a smile because "happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light." Albus Dumbledore

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I spent a lot of time on dota2 (over 900 hours) and csgo (over 600 hours)

I think a considerable amount is just having the game open in the background while I am watching anime :P.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Spent about 800 hours on Taiko no tatsujin.
    Saw people doing crazy on that game on arcades and had me curious.
    It's one helluva game.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

420 hours in dota 2. lels

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have spent over 600+ hours on The elder scrolls 3 Morrowind. I love that game more than any other elder scrolls.

Thanks

Hmmm, welp.
    The longest I went on in one sitting was maybe 5-6 hours.
    I could go for two sittings daily. And I really spent A LOT of time skulking around in Skyrim (and maybe Mass Effect & Dragon Age) XD

It was like that for maybe 2 and a half months. Meh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any other game regardless of genre, I would only go at for maybe 1 to 3 hours max.

He Who Must Not Be Named FAT4LS's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

well if i have a break from time to time....then it would be 12-24 hours a day...if we dont have a school...or if its weekend...but if its weekdays...it only take about 4-8 hours per day of those weeks....if and only if its on PC or Laptop...i dont have console so i dont know XD

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

All in one sitting I did a 2 nighter. Played all day Friday morning with no sleep till Sunday night. This was for Redmoon mmorpg, and I had a war with another guild also 2x XP this weekend. Best online rpg I ever played.

But as your all saying I his many hour marks on many RPG games. Specially Final Fantasy, Phantasy Star Online, many others. I dont see any greatness in total hours since you can keep playing the same game over and over till you reach even 1 million game time. But for one sitting, I think thats tough. Just my thought. :)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

1000+ on Counter Strike, easily my most played game. I've put a couple hundred into some other games too.

ExHorizon
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Longest time into a game non stop
    1: COD MW3 30 Hours
    2: Nier Automata 27 Hours

My longest played game is Counter Strike Global Offensive at 1,560 hours not counting league since I don't really know how many hours
    I have in that game I just know a lot lol and I know I play games to much.
    CSGO- 1,560 Hr
    GMod- 495 Hr
    Cod Mw3- 467 Hr
    L4D- 423 Hr
    Day of defeat Source- 410 Hr
    Final Fantasy 14 ARR- 323 Hr
    Cod Black ops, 286 Hr
    Red Orchestra 2/ RS2- 202 Hr
    Total War Shogun 2- 171 Hr
    L4d2- 155 Hr

All my other games on steam, ps4, ps3, psp, ps vita, 3DS, origin, uplay, blizzard are 90 and under
    Take me home.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

For console, It would be Halo2+3. I've definitely spend a whole day playing before. Not sure about PC though. Need to figure out the hours
    Well pssh yeah aight

Dungeon Crawler
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'm not going to put the games from my childhood, as while I played Spyro the Dragon 1-3 constantly, I'm not sure how much time I really spent playing it. I'd have to say it might be Dark Souls 3, at something like 500+ hours. Also, while not a single game, I've played through the Yakuza series twice so I'd imagine that'd be up there. The Hatsune Miku Project Diva game are also definitely up there. I'd was into F and F 2nd super hard, but that was nothing compared to when Future Tone dropped. I mean, its like 450~ songs including really all of my favorite Miku songs. If only they'd drop a Gumi game or another IA/VT game and I'd be one happy camper.

The End-kun
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'd like to say one of the Final Fantasies (I had 400 hours on my IX save for reference) but I think I'm more burnt out on a CoD.

Dungeon Crawler
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

oh, oh, oh Ragna-kuns going hard on Final Fantasy. That's something I can get into.

Dark Souls 3 is definitely still up there. I recently started a new toon and I've spent 300+ hours running through the base game and the DLCs. I also went in hard on Persona 5, but I kinda fell off in the home stretch as I started a new DS3 toon on a whim. I'll be finishing P5 when I finish up this run and I'll likely run through P5 again soon after that so I'll likely spend a good bit on it. Of course I've been meaning to run though Persona 3 again so that make take precedent after I finish my first run of 5.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

1200 Hours on War Thunder, and about 35 days on GTA V.. uh... so I don't know which is more.
    Nothing Else Quite Comes Close.