To All Aspiring and Active Uploaders.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Upload
    1252 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default To All Aspiring and Active Uploaders.

Hey Uploaders! I, mlcld, will have some announcement that needs your concern. Due to the concern of the lack of uploaders, I thought of asking possible interested uploaders and aspiring uploaders via announcement. The site is in dire need of uploaders now so even aspiring uploaders are welcome.

We’ve been lacking uploaders to upload most, if not all, series the past season. Due to that, I talked to several staff members who are also uploaders and decided to momentarily make an adjustment to the reservation rule which will be gone once the community have enough uploaders to deal with seasonal anime. Uploaders would have to still follow the the same rules that I posted with the exemption that moderators can get the double amount of ongoing anime a regular uploader can. Meaning if the regular uploader can upload only 4 ongoing max per season, moderators can handle 8 but that is only until the issue of lacking uploaders gets resolved.

However, I don’t think that simply uploading is enough so we have to set a standard. The previous standard was to set each video to 512x288 but due to the change of time when it comes to streaming quality, such video resolution is almost unwatchable compare to other websites. It is still usable if you can a find the trick through the setting of your choice that prevents pixilation, then I suggest the minimal size to be 700x400 or 848x480 with setting within FiQ5149 Handbrake tutorial. It is also recommended to find a converter that allows you to explore the advance setting thus I wouldn’t recommend Format Factory or similar converter where the advanced option is way too limited.

Here is a list of anime(OVA/Movies to follow) that have yet to be reserve by anyone. The titles on this list are all incoming anime this spring season that has yet to be added in the pedia.

This will be update constantly if uploaders are interested on reserving them contacted me to add them. For any uploading and encoding concerns, contact me or FiQ5149.

BONOBONO
    FUTURE CARD BUDDYFIGHT DDD
    HAKUOUKI: OTOGISOUSHI
    BATTLE SPIRITS: DOUBLE DRIVE
    NEKO NEKO NIHONSHI
    LYING WITCHNAMEKO: SEKAI NO TOMODACHI
    CARDFIGHT!! VANGUARD G: STRIDE GATE-HEN
    DUEL MASTERS VSRF

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the current list of recently reserved and who reserved what.

TERRA FORMARS: REVENGE - shadowsoul18
    AIKATSU STARTS - fleak2
    SHOW BY ROCK 2 - fleak2
    GYAKUTEN SAIBAN: SONO "SHINJITSU," IGIARI! - GM Sieghart
    FLYING WITCH - GM Sieghart
    SHOUNEN MAID - gamedazed
    TANAKA-KUN WA ITSUMO KEDARUGE - whitewolf277
    KAITOU JOKER 3RD SEASON - Bloody Envy
    ONIGIRI - i1abnrk
    PAN DE PEACE! - Flame Haze
    UCHUU PATROL LULUCO - LastVanguard
    SUPER LOVERS - Dudette09
    USAKAME - israsuke
    BISHOUJO SENSHI SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL: DEATH BUSTERS-HEN - israsuke
    KAMIWAZA WANDA - Flame Haze
    TONKATSU DJ AGETAROU - gamedazed
    RAGNASTRIKE ANGELS - Dudette09
    GYAKUTEN SAIBAN: SONO "SHINJITSU," IGIARI! - GMSieghart
    SHOUNEN ASHIBE GO! GO! GOMA-CHAN - Kobowo
    MAGI: SINBAD NO BOUKEN (TV) - reneil26
    KIDOU SENSHI GUNDAM UNICORN RE:0096- reneil26

I decided to list it here instead of putting it on the uploader lounge as originally planned due to aspiring uploaders participation is higher than actives within the first day of reservation. This will also serve as a list of who reserves what through this thread.
    Last edited by mlcdl; 04-17-2016 at 08:32 AM.

"The trick to running is to stay M-A-D. M for 'move ever forward'. A for 'always accelerate', and D for 'dash and don't stop'. If you don't follow those rules, you'll be doing the same thing tomorrow." - Owari no Chronicle

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to mlcdl For This Useful Post:

AOIsama (09-23-2017), Argent Lyal (04-11-2016), Avykun (04-07-2016), cloart (04-08-2016), Dudette09 (04-05-2016), error345 (04-06-2016), Flametongue (04-17-2016), Jin H (04-05-2016),
    kaylee1234
     (04-05-2016), koolmoves (04-13-2016), Kris Luna (04-06-2016), KriShe (04-07-2016), LastVanguard (04-05-2016), LoliCaptorSayanome (04-05-2016), maiichigo (04-05-2016), PotatoStyle (04-27-2016), purpledrank (04-05-2016), reese109 (04-17-2016), reneil26 (04-17-2016), Revirie (04-05-2016), satsuirakuen (04-05-2016), Winry (04-11-2016), witchLeen (04-07-2016)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Good luck to future uploaders and keep uploading even if your already working so hard like a slave! joke!
    Last edited by Revirie; 04-05-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Message sent, ml. Count me in.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LastVanguard For This Useful Post:

scully (04-06-2016)

OS Regular
    Upload
    39 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

will help clear up the whole chunk of backlogs for aikatsu season 2 and 3 and pave the way for aikatsu stars.
    might do magi and show by rock and any upcoming idol anime too!
    sending pm

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fleak2 For This Useful Post:

KawaiiHime (04-27-2016)

Regular Uploader

Upload
    119 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Let me know and I shall try and help ya guys

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Prudii For This Useful Post:

matt2413 (05-04-2016)

Below Average

Upload
    1074 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 247 Posts
    Blog Entries

Holla! GYAKUTEN SAIBAN: SONO "SHINJITSU," IGIARI! has been reserved by GM Sieghart. :D

Thanks

What perfect timing, I was just contemplating exactly that. I'll send you a PM now.

OS Hollow Man

Upload
    416 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I have been busy lately tho i might try getting seasonal release again..

Let my get kaito joker 3rd season
    BloodyEnvy
    "let me be you Guardian, I'll guard your soul forever"
    *RULES* *FB* *FAQ*

=>LURKER OF THE DARK OS<=
    Upload
    195 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I already reserved Gyakuten Saiban ! well Ml if its ok ! i will get the flying witch !

Upload
    1252 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

List Updated. Please check the original post. Thank you.

"The trick to running is to stay M-A-D. M for 'move ever forward'. A for 'always accelerate', and D for 'dash and don't stop'. If you don't follow those rules, you'll be doing the same thing tomorrow." - Owari no Chronicle

Former Anime Overlord

Upload
    4290 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Good Job Ml, just what we need, community involvement. :)

Dark Clouds in the sky With spells and witchcraft
    I'm chained below
    Kimi ni todoke // Lovely complex // Shiki // Ghost Hunt ..

OS Supporter

The land of Milky Holmes and Honey-sempai
    Upload
    38 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Handbrake doesn't work on Linux or I'd be all in for uploading. If I work out a vlc setting that works good I'll do it. There's lots of stuff I can get already subbed through my connections but all I would have to do is downscale and transcode mkv to avi format.

Upload
    1252 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by error345 View Post
    Good Job Ml, just what we need, community involvement. :)
    Well I did consider this in the hope that some members can be proactive in the community :)

Quote Originally Posted by i1abnrk View Post
    Handbrake doesn't work on Linux or I'd be all in for uploading. If I work out a vlc setting that works good I'll do it. There's lots of stuff I can get already subbed through my connections but all I would have to do is downscale and transcode mkv to avi format.
    Any converter is fine though I do recommend a converter that is similar to Handbrake as converters that allows you to specify its settings to your liking tends to provide better outcome than those option is few. Also, what we need are videos in .mp4 format as it is the only video format that is playable on OS player.

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mlcdl View Post
    However, I don’t think that simply uploading is enough so we have to set a standard. The previous standard was to set each video to 512x288 but due to the change of time when it comes to streaming quality, such video resolution is almost unwatchable compare to other websites. It is still usable if you can a find the trick through the setting of your choice that prevents pixilation, then I suggest the minimal size to be 700x400 or 848x480 with setting within FiQ5149
    Handbrake tutorial
    . It is also recommended to find a converter that allows you to explore the advance setting thus I wouldn’t recommend Format Factory or similar converter where the advanced option is way too limited.

If I could make another humble suggestion/recommendation along these lines as well.

Audio quality - many other streaming sites have standardized 192kbps/44.1Hz stereo audio for anime. I know FiQ's walkthrough recommends using 112kbps for stereo, but I can notice a definite quality difference through my speakers when I encode at that level instead of the 192kbps that most sites naturally use. Can OS consider using 192kbps audio for the new video resolution standard as well?

Cheers,
    LastVanguard

19. The Following User Says Thank You to LastVanguard For This Useful Post:

Melyk (04-08-2016)

OS Supporter

The land of Milky Holmes and Honey-sempai
    Upload
    38 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mlcdl View Post
    Any converter is fine though I do recommend a converter that is similar to Handbrake as converters that allows you to specify its settings to your liking tends to provide better outcome than those option is few. Also, what we need are videos in .mp4 format as it is the only video format that is playable on OS player.
    Okay, I'll tinker and see what I can do with Onigiri (Ep 1 is available). I did something similar with my DVDs last year to put them on a thumb drive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i1abnrk View Post
    I don't know if you're comfortable with the command line, but ffmpeg/libav are excellent tools for transcoding. Being a cli tool it is much more flexible than those gui tools. If you're not so comfortable with the command line, I'd recommend checking out some frontends like winff, you can probably find it in your default repository, 'specially if you're running a debian based distro. PM me if you want any help with syntax

Below Average

Upload
    1074 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 247 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guys! A new Handbrake tutorial will be up soon. And just like the current one we have, it's FiQ5149 who will post it. For now, all other questions regarding the current setting we use, please post it here. He and ML read this thread.

Thank you for your continuous support!! All hail OS!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by LastVanguard View Post
    [/CENTER]If I could make another humble suggestion/recommendation along these lines as well.

Audio quality - many other streaming sites have standardized 192kbps/44.1Hz stereo audio for anime. I know FiQ's walkthrough recommends using 112kbps for stereo, but I can notice a definite quality difference through my speakers when I encode at that level instead of the 192kbps that most sites naturally use. Can OS consider using 192kbps audio for the new video resolution standard as well?

Cheers,
    LastVanguard
    For the meantime, just use the AAC with the bit you suggested because it is true. Originally FiQ5149 tuts suggest to use HE-AAC which was available with old version of HB, and HE-AAC can compress better with lower bitrate and still produce similar quality to AAC bitrate which is higher. He'll post a new tutorial soon...as what he told me. :D

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Dudette09 For This Useful Post:

LastVanguard (04-07-2016)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well I wanted to be an uploader since quite some months ago, but because of the reservation rule, it can be pretty hard to get something. I'll write to you ML, but as someone wrote down, I'd like to upload something that is more high quality: because of the lack of quality and that quite some videos are broken, even if I report them, I have been watching my anime on other websites. I'll gladly come back if we can raise the quality for future videos :)

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Another consideration that I noticed last night while uploading "Poison Berry in Your Brain" was that at the new quality standards, for a 2 hour long drama movie, I was exceeding the 600MB file size limit on osddl.com for uploads (would have been close to 800MB for that movie). I had to scale back the quality for that movie in order to get it small enough to upload.

That size limit might have to be raised, or long movies are going to have to be split into two pieces to make this work.

Sorry for being such a pain - just mentioning this problem before others stumble onto it after the fact.

Thanks,
    LastVanguard

Former Anime Overlord

Upload
    4290 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LastVanguard View Post
    Another consideration that I noticed last night while uploading "Poison Berry in Your Brain" was that at the new quality standards, for a 2 hour long drama movie, I was exceeding the 600MB file size limit on osddl.com for uploads (would have been close to 800MB for that movie). I had to scale back the quality for that movie in order to get it small enough to upload.

That size limit might have to be raised, or long movies are going to have to be split into two pieces to make this work.

Sorry for being such a pain - just mentioning this problem before others stumble onto it after the fact.

Thanks,
    LastVanguard
    Omg, 2 hours drama to exceed 600mb is bad.
    Please post me a snapshot for mediainfo of the settings you using, maybe I can advise you.

View here http://otaku-streamers.com/watch/628...i_Hachi_Gakari
    This is a 24mins for 86Mb. How do you consider the quality?

Dark Clouds in the sky With spells and witchcraft
    I'm chained below
    Kimi ni todoke // Lovely complex // Shiki // Ghost Hunt ..