Why exactly do you like anime more than live action and popular tv and movies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Why exactly do you like anime more than live action and popular tv and movies

For me, personally its because its really available on the internet. Also, most animes have some levels of stuff that makes you think. I also like how its a different culture

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Anime gives screenwriters and producers a lot more liberty in creating something amazing, because anime almost always has a lower cost to produce than live action or popular TV shows, especially as special effects-loaded as most shows are these days.

With live action shows and popular television, you're also limited to the acting ability of the people involved. Some actors are better than others, and might not be able to convey the exact idea that the screenwriter or producer had in mind. Real people are also more prone to mistakes.

Then, there's storylines. Ever noticed that while there is some overlap between the several core types of anime storyline settings and popular television storylines, there's still fairly little overlap at the end of the day. I tend to like anime storylines better because they offer a more believable and immersive way to open your imagination to new ideas, yet while being funny and unrealistic at the same time.

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Those are fine reasons why (all, above); after having stopped watching anything with live-action, I cannot watch it anymore at all. For one, I know that is some person and they are pretending, which is limited and not interesting at all, sometimes pitiful and/or pathetic. Second, when I think of what some of them are paid (and all the men who produce that slop are some of the richest of all) it is sickening. They are entertainers. They are nothing. That is depressing. And that's enough reasons.

OS Legendary Donator
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I watch both. Live action action/adventure/drama (Firefly, Twilight Zone, etc) can be very nice to watch. Some, though, like the adaptation of XXXholic to live action just doesn't work well. Anime is much better suited to some genres, like the supernatural, because the artists can show you whatever they want and they're not constrained by regular physical limitations.
    "Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
    -Edsger Dijkstra

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well, aside from the given that most anime characters look better than the ones in live action, I prefer anime because it's literally something we can put our imagination to and is (if there is) a clearer and more understandable copy of the manga. Making it into live action not only depletes the imagination used, but also it limits the story into human capabilities.

He Who Must Not Be Named FAT4LS's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Cool

i like most of them...specially Anime Original Movies....cuz we cant just judge it...just because it doesn't look like what you expected it to be..cuz we know that most of them have there own "Advantages"..something like what others doesn't have..they have it...so i dont like comparing things....leave it as it is....watch it if you want...if not, then dont...you dont need others opinion...see it yourself....if you like it then...good...if not...then not... so stop forcing your opinions to people...XD

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Anime gives a bigger room for imagination especially for genres that don't necessarily suit live action movies. Personally, I need a recommendation from a trusted anime lover before I start watching an adaptation because I don't want to be disappointed. My expectations are usually high when it comes to that (just like adapting a superb story into a movie).

Thanks

Anime!
    There is no limit in your imagination.
    While the popular TV shows there are some shows that catches my attention but I don't watch it that long. Too cliché? No not too, just cliché. Hahaha!
    Well that's my opinion.
    ​

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

To be honest, you can't judge anime since the expressions they do aren't cringy or whatsoever.

On TV shows, I mean, no one in this world is perfect.

But I must say anime makes everything perfect.
    JOFON
    at
    its finest.

Regular Uploader

Upload
    157 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Personally If i am to see a live action I would start to analyze and rationalize it instead with a anime i would normally go with the flow of it

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

hmmmm...because its "Anime"...as you can see that they can show the Emotion, Expression, etc...just everything...its same as the Anime Movies....and also we got used to watch anime more than live action...so we tend to compare both and we ended up criticizing the live-action....

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

If there is a live action version of an anime that I really like, I cannot watch it. I find that I become too attached to the appearances and the voices in the anime. I am also the same as some of the others who have mentioned the acting ability that is seen in some of the live actions. I just do not like how some anime aspects are being attempted in live action. It seems overworked and not always a success.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I assume there's the length factor to take into account, it can be simpler to take some time to watch a twenty-minute episode rather than a full four-hour film. I enjoy seeing both films and series, though I admit anime constitute most of my watch-list. For personal reasons, I seldom watch films on any other support than a TV screen, and it's most likely I will buy the product just to have a correct quality. And before getting on OS, it was pretty much the same for anime, but the quality here is, most of the time, very good, along with the other advantages we cannot find everywhere : )

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Anime~ but ofcourse if any anime i watched gets a live action or movie id watch it :D

Thanks

Because anime has no limit when it comes to Imaginations, but i like both, so yah no problems for me..

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

Thanks

Basically, everything. And I'm not exaggerating in the slightest, and I know that probably makes me sound ignorant or close-minded, but whatever. I really don't like live action stuff at all, aside from a very, very few shows or movies (or educational/documentary stuff) I watched a while back. Not really sure why, maybe I just don't like watching people pretending to be things they're not or I'm disillusioned with reality or something...
    Last edited by yami uzume; 09-01-2016 at 08:35 PM.
    ​

The Artistic Writer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

There are very few live action movies or shows I enjoy because most of TV is garbage; I hate reality TV the most. I will watch a cooking show or crime show about actual cases than fictional stuff - maybe a movie here or there. I will admit there are two/three tv shows I follow because they are so well done and on occasion, a comedy show because we all need a good laugh.

I think I enjoy anime because it is whismical, colorful and so out there sometimes, it brings a smile to my face. The more serious anime can literally keep me at the edge of my seat; I have yet to experience an anime which scared the delights out me. I have seen anime that is borderline creepy or strange that a live-action would have a hard time projecting. Anime can push the envelop and we can still enjoy it, even when it's ridiculous. I honestly think it's just the over dynamics of anime that keep me coming back.
    Take on the world with a smile because "happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light." Albus Dumbledore

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I go another world other than my own reality. I make the stories in the anime I watch as if I was the main character and I feel what they feel. I dont like anime. I love it. Its my life. I prefer the anime world than my own.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

anime gives you innovative experience lol hahahaha

Watashitachi ga nemurimas areko's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

because anime displays an act that cannot be done by any person.
    "When I said that I cleaned my room, I just meant I made a path from the doorway to my bed."
    わたし のー やくそく する わ
    ゑあ ゑあ が みる を そー が じうぶん な