United States - Who are you for and why? Primary Edition
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Artistic Writer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default United States - Who are you for and why? Primary Edition

I am posting this because my states primary is coming up. Anyone who wishes to answer (or even comment about the state of affairs going on with current US politics) may do so. I'm kind of curious where everyone stands. I do plan on voting in my states primary and for the reason, I want details not just 'he speaks his mind' or 'says it like it is.' Here's my own answer:
    I am voting for Bernie Sanders. He has no Super Pac, he never talks about himself but about our country, our people. He advocates everyone to go out and vote. He thinks voting rights should be automatic for all citizens once they turn 18. He believes we should have single-payer health care and free college, paid for by taxes on the wealthiest in our nation. The bottom who work tireless never get their fair shake - managers and CEOs get so much more I can't even fathom the numbers myself. I stand with him because I believe he can take our country in the right direction. I hope others will go out to vote for him too.

*Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts. Let's get started.
    Take on the world with a smile because "happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light." Albus Dumbledore

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Interesting thread.

I'm actually not going to vote, deliberately by choice. If I wanted any of the candidates to actually hold the office they're attempting to get, I'd vote for them.

It's sad how in America the quality of the election candidates gets lower and lower with each passing year. At some point, the two-party system needs to be dropped and a broader system needs to be adopted where we can actually get some candidates who don't attempt to be black and white on issues, because the issues themselves aren't black and white..

If I end up being wrong and whomever wins the upcoming election doesn't make a mess of our country, then I'll happily apologize. But if I end up competing for the Nebraska District of Donald Trump's 2018 Hunger Games, the first people I'm hunting to their deaths are the people who voted for him. :)

Cheers,
    LastVanguard

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LastVanguard For This Useful Post:

kristala (03-09-2016)

The Artistic Writer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I agree about the two party system - I had to switch parties just to vote for the candidate I want. It should not be that way. I should be able to vote for who I want and if you're an independent, you should be able to vote in the primary as well. I do agree about the quality of candidates (though I don't think Sanders fits that's bill) but the other ones I could do without. The issues are not all black and white as you said; if only we do away with our party system or the way the politics are run by big money. One step at a time I guess.
    But I certainly hope we don't end up with the Hunger Games; that would quite extreme -.- though I agree about the Trump supporters. I have heard their mouths first hand while in a cellphone carrier's store as they talked up their support for Trump - it sounded just like Fox News ridiculousness. I see his signs everywhere so I'm a bit worried. This election is scaring me at the way it could possibly go. It should be an interesting ride that I hope doesn't become the crazy train (cue music).
    Last edited by kristala; 03-09-2016 at 08:31 PM.
    Take on the world with a smile because "happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light." Albus Dumbledore

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I in all honesty kinda don't want anyone to win...Trump is a joke and if he somehow does become the candidate I will automatically vote for the other guy because at this point I think anyone is better than Trump.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

tbh, i see him perfect though, not like donald trump who is inside my conspiracy theory right now.
    Trump is really mysterious. i feel like on the ratings, lets say this man is leading like 60% and the highest right now, i think in the end, votes for trump would raise and wins. It may not happen though but, may possibly, his platforms are really out of blue. taxes and such are just so hard to think about it if he would do something about.
    JOFON
    at
    its finest.

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think it's pretty obvious who I support in this race. If Trump loses it could be a disaster for world peace. As far as I know Trump is the only presidential candidate who has expressed a will to cooperate with Putin's Russia, and that's mainly what I as a non-American care about in your election. Everyone knows that good relations between the United States of America and the Russian Federation is good for stability in the world.

It's awesome that he's breaking the barriers of political correctness and I think his whole campaign has done a great deal for freedom of speech in the United States. The wall also seems like an awesome idea. Why would you want all kinds of people flooding your country ILLEGALLY? It's a no-brainer.

It's like with the refugee crisis over here in Europe. If you have a bowl of 100 candies (the 'fugees) and 5 are poisonous (Islamic State operatives) would you risk taking even one? I know I wouldn't.

Some people also have a delusion that just because Trump isn't rhetorically skilled like the established full-time politicians he is not to be trusted, or that he will somehow nuke everyone to oblivion. I have yet to see Trump say anything to indicate that.
    Last edited by Augustus; 03-29-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious who I support in this race. If Trump loses it could be a disaster for world peace. As far as I know Trump is the only presidential candidate who has expressed a will to cooperate with Putin's Russia, and that's mainly what I as a non-American care about in your election. Everyone knows that good relations between the United States of America and the Russian Federation is good for stability in the world.
    The one thing I always appreciate about Augs is his political opinion - because it's always unique. I'd sorely disagree with this, but to each their own. I'm pretty curious to see if Trump turns out to be the victor how the world will change.

Maybe I should already start looking at land down in PH.. lol

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LastVanguard View Post
    The one thing I always appreciate about Augs is his political opinion - because it's always unique. I'd sorely disagree with this, but to each their own. I'm pretty curious to see if Trump turns out to be the victor how the world will change.

Maybe I should already start looking at land down in PH.. lol
    And I appreciate that you appreciate my unique opinion. I wish it weren't so unique though, so that we could see some change on the world stage.

Why would you want to leave the country if Trump wins? You can't bring your guns to the Philippines you know. ;P

Dungeon Crawler
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

My State's (North Carolina) primary already came and went. Trump and Clinton both won, though I didn't vote. Honestly I think all the choices are pretty awful. Bernie would ruin the economy, Clinton is a puppet for the big banks and wouldn't be good for the 1st and 2nd amendments. While I love that Trump is showing how biased and unethical our media is, I don't think he'd be a good president. Cruz is a bit too conservative for my tastes, and while I think Kasich would be the best option he's unlikely to win. All in all, the only person I'd be happy to see win is Kasich. Bernie and Hillary would be awful, while Cruz and Trump wouldn't be the best case scenarios.

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

So it looks like Donald Trump is the winner of the Republican race, unless the RNC tries to steal the nomination somehow. I don't know if that is still possible though. It will be interesting to see to what extent the RINO establishment backs DJT in the upcoming days.

Vanguard, you looking at any plots of land in PH yet? :P

Now that Trump could actually become President of the United States, how do you anti-Trumpers feel? :D

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I pretty much find all the candidates morally repugnant. I refuse to belong to a political party, and thus couldn't vote in my state's primary except for issues or local officials like sheriff or county commissioner-didn't even bother this year. Tried to explain that to the pollsters who called incessantly during voting season (yay for living in a swing state!) They never quite got it. Even the polling place got confused last presidential primary when I said I didn't have a registered political party and just wanted to support the county library's levy. Eventually they found the right ballot, but it took them awhile.
    A friend of mine, a anti-Trump republican, says there should be a choice on the ballot for "None of the Above." Should "None of the Above" happen to win, the election must be done over with completely different candidates. Our entire gaming group is starting to agree with her, since Cthulhu-the greatest of all evils-isn't really an option. Particularly after Japan got a hold of Lovecraft and gave us Haiyoru! Nyaruani.

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Vanguard, you looking at any plots of land in PH yet?
    Canada might be a better option for me; once you've tasted of the magic of Gigabit Fiber internet, you don't want to give it up. :D

At this point, it's looking like Trump will win. I'm hoping that he'll be "castrated" by the limitations of his position once he gets his office, and can't bring the majority of his plans to fruition.

If not, we'd be ****ing asking nations to come kill us. I mean, America's the most hated country in the world right now. Trump is only going to worsen that reputation if he does what he wants to do. If moving to another country is the only way to avoid the backlash from that, so be it.

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

If not, we'd be ****ing asking nations to come kill us. I mean, America's the most hated country in the world right now. Trump is only going to worsen that reputation if he does what he wants to do. If moving to another country is the only way to avoid the backlash from that, so be it.
    To which things are you referring specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by ejala View Post
    I pretty much find all the candidates morally repugnant.
    Could you give any examples of the "morally repugnant" views or actions by the (main) candidates? For the sake of discussion.
    Last edited by Augustus; 05-07-2016 at 12:17 PM.

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Trump is the candidate I find the hardest to stomach. The parallels to fascists like Hitler are disturbing: vilifying entire religions and ethnicities echos the Nazis a little too much. Build a wall? That didn't work well for China and they only had horsemen to keep out, not people with access to heavy tunneling equipment. And you could build an adobe city with the amount of childish, misogynistic mud he's slung about in debates and interviews.
    Hilary of course has email-gate, and all the financial scandals the happened during Bill's presidency. She voted for the second war in Iraq that we had no good reason to start, in at least one old interview I saw she referred to it as a good business opportunity. She may have flip-flopped by now,-that in itself a problem- but she was also staunchly against gay marriage, one of the few causes I feel strongly about.
    There were so many other republican candidates I couldn't keep them all straight. Kasich is the governor of my state. He's attempted to gut union rights for police, firefighters and teachers. Ohio's educational system is constricted by excessive, inane testing and lack of funds, and the funding system was ruled unconstitutional over 25 years ago-still hasn't been fixed.
    As for Sanders, he wasn't even a registered democrat and hasn't been for his entire career. So why is he running for that party's nomination?

The Artistic Writer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Now that Trump could actually become President of the United States, how do you anti-Trumpers feel? :D
    To be honest, I'm scared out of mind. The hatred he is making okay, the way he is treating the press, not being able to take a joke or criticism; this will be our President!? He has flipped flopped on so many issues that you don't know where he stands on anything and that is not okay. I am trying to become a teacher and I am worried about the impact this is having on the future generation. The major issues of income inequality, climate change, voting suppression, changing history and science to match an agenda (yes, it's happening) - these are just some of things that are coming to mind. The establishment DNC is trying to jam Hillary down our throats and many people, including myself, don't want her because she is the establishment. I will vote Democrat though, regardless of who is on the ballot because the future of our country is at stake. I can't trust someone who is the 1% and only cares about himself with no experience in politics or foreign policy. The world used to look at us as an example to follow; now they are just shaking their heads wondering what is wrong with us. I am embarrassed at what our country is slowly turning into.

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kristala View Post
    To be honest, I'm scared out of mind.
    My thoughts exactly. Never thought I'd see the day when I'd start looking to leave the country long-term over a president, but that's the current state of affairs.

Hopefully my trip to Canada on the 27th is profitable, and I can start lining up a job and potential living arrangements if I need them.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

My thoughts exactly. Never thought I'd see the day when I'd start looking to leave the country long-term over a president, but that's the current state of affairs.

Hopefully my trip to Canada on the 27th is profitable, and I can start lining up a job and potential living arrangements if I need them.
    You didn't think about leaving under George Bush? It would be worse with a war criminal lunatic like Hillary in Power. Trump wants peace with Russia.
    I need him to stay in power for now. They would only replace him with another puppet, who might continue to be aggressive towards Russia.

In the sunlight streaming through my window
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiosama View Post
    I need him to stay in power for now. They would only replace him with another puppet, who might continue to be aggressive towards Russia.
    I keep a close eye on what the US Army does for training--every day. Since Trump has been elected, the U.S. Army has increased training scenarios including Russia and China as opponents. In particular, they're focusing on what America would do against Russian and Chinese make weapons.

Interesting... doncha think?

Thanks

I am not American myself, so I cannot vote for either one. It's a shame really that the Green Party still doesn't stand a chance against the two-party establishment. That's the 'least of all evils' if you were to put it pessimistically.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nyamh View Post
    I keep a close eye on what the US Army does for training--every day. Since Trump has been elected, the U.S. Army has increased training scenarios including Russia and China as opponents. In particular, they're focusing on what America would do against Russian and Chinese make weapons.

Interesting... doncha think?
    How do you do that? I'm sure China and Russia would team up, they're allies. China would feel threatened is Russia were attaked.