Describe the corruption (Lack of or Abundance of) of your country.
    OS Vampire

Upload
    1795 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,900 Times in 362 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Describe the corruption (Lack of or Abundance of) of your country.

Being a person who has lived most of his life in a country that was once tagged as one of THE MOST corrupt countries in Asia, I've grown to have a negative mentality when looking into any politicial topic or personality within the Philippines. I can even give a pretty concrete and somewhat recent example of how true this is.

Remember typhoon Haiyan? (Yolanda for Filipinos). It was branded the strongest typhoon to be ever recorded in history. Thousands died, more were left without homes or even food and you know the stuff. With such sheer damage dealt to the area, the Philippines had to ask help from the international community. How did the <people in the government> show their thanks? They took some of the relief goods send by other country's for their own and replaced it with something else (ie. Replaced cans of spam with cans of local luncheon meat). There were also talks that not all the money donated by other countries were used properly but that I have no solid proof.

Advertising of politicans is very rampant as well. Here's an example from the Haiyan disaster:

Spoiler :  

vs this

Spoiler :  

I couldn't find the original image I wanted to show. In one of the old viral posts I show compared how the relief goods sent by America had a label "From the citizens of the United States of America" or something along those lines.

See the difference? lol

Its things like this that give me reason why I don't like to stay in the country. Trying to make this country "great" is like trying to play fallout 4 on a windows 95 pc. Well so much for my ranting.

The main point of this thread is I wanna know how other people view corruption in their respective countries or lack of it and how the masses in your area reacts to it and etc etc.
    Guys I'm a retired staff member, don't come to me for username changes anymore xD its funny having to reply to personal messages 3 months old HAHAHA

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobowo For This Useful Post:

Augustus (02-23-2016), satsuirakuen (02-23-2016)

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

There's plenty of corruption here in America (much to everyone's lack of surprise). Out of all the places I've worked, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security was easily the most corrupt workplace I've ever witnessed in my life; some of the things they did with taxpayer dollars and got away with would turn most U.S. citizens livid.

Politicians and leaders are supposed to be "representatives of the people", yet the problem that Nebraska struggles with in this area is local politicians frequently make decisions based on their own agenda, rather than the general public's preference. Case in question: when legislature passed a law making it a misdemeanor to smoke in a cigar or hookah bar statewide. The whole point of going to a cigar bar is to smoke, dude! How on earth can you outlaw that in the name of the "people"?!

The area of U.S. lawmaking that I'd have to say is most corrupt is the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). Ever sat down and actually looked through the list of food additives that are legal in the U.S. but are banned in Europe and Japan? Not recommended for the faint of heart. Also of interest is the FDA's policy on genetically engineered crops (which the U.S. has the lowest safety trial period for in the entire world), which are more widespread in the U.S. today than their conventional counterparts. Also a study not recommended for the faint of heart; there's a reason I rarely eat American food anymore. The only reason I can speculate as to why all this has been allowed in the U.S. is some kind of backroom dealing or corporate agenda.

Thanks

America, the land of the smartest, most attractive people in the world. We don't have any corruption here, but we do have dreams, stars, gold and glittering cities. Everyone is blinded by our beauty, but that's okay. We love them all the same.