Philippines, Who is your Presidential Bet and why?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The OS Masochist/Sadist SereiMadoshi's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Thumbs up

It's been so long since I posted something here in OS, oh well.

My best pick would be, of course, Duterte. Aside from his strong-willed attitude, he does have solutions for the country. Although there are some things which I don't agree (Like the building of coal power plants), he's the best candidate. Justice is what our country needs the most. Citizens are getting more doubtful with the government, hence, the uncooperative attitude towards it. Also, regarding the issue of terrorism, Davao has not been involved in terrorist activities. And I think Duterte can handle the Abu Sayaf and other terrorist groups, as he can understand Muslim terrorists because he lives in Mindanao. If the government gets back the trust of the people, it can start fousing with the economic issues of the country, like agriculture. for example. Which leads me to my next pick for candidate, which is Grace Poe.

Her plans for the country are quite good in my opinion. It's just that she just really needs to be more experienced. I understand that one doesn't need to have much experience but holding the responsibility as a President is not a joke. Being a president means holding the lives of millions of Filipinos and that holds a loooooooooooooooooot of pressure. In my point of view, I don't think she can handle that yet. I salute her works in the Senate but I think she still needs to work harder.

About Miriam, she could've been my best pick but her health is what worries me the most. I admire her conviction but I think she must not push herself too hard. She has done lots already for our country from just being a senator and I also salute her for that, but she needs to concern herself with her health first before stressing over a country.

As for Mar Roxas, his plans are also good, but I get the feeling that he will just be like Aquino. For me, Aquino's presidency was, how should I say this, too bland. Philippines holds overwhelming potential, yet he cannot use that potential to the fullest. Progress is there but it's too slow. And that feeling is what I get also from Mar Roxas. "Daang Matuwid", maybe it is true regarding about a straight path. But all I can see of what we are now is that we are crawling on a straight path.

For Binay, he has too may issues and he's too concerned with his name. I don't think he's suitable for President. But for being a government official, I think he has done many. His advocacy for the poor is remarkable. I think he could work better if he should just work on a smaller scale rather than on a larger one, like governing a whole country.

Each of these candidates did well for the country, but we also need to account the negative things about them. We should choose a president where his positive traits outweigh the negative traits. I wish I can vote but I'm still 16 and all I can do is express my opinion. :)

"The Spirit of Politeness and Austerity, thou who gives power to kings, bring forth the great hellfire that judges the earth!"
    Amol Al-Bador Saiqa!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

the first one he seems smart

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I would certainly vote for Miriam! She's well educated and knows what she is doing! Her platforms are really attainable and she will be a good asset for the Philippines when it comes wto international image. She is a great delegate and has a lot of experience up her sleeves. Im just sad that most of the Filipinos regard her as someone who is sick. Well, she is. But that wont change the fact that she can do a lot of change in the Philippines!

I am an international studies student and I am quite critical about the foreign policy stance of all the candidates. I know people does not really look into it but I do. I also think that people should take it into account as well. I do realize that it is important to deal with domestic problems but with the world being greatly interconnected, international image is really important! Miriam can help the Philippines have abetter image and she can be a great primary diplomat for the Philippines. Being part in a lot of prestigious international groups and being invited to be part of the International Court of Justice, this will give the Philippines a new face to show the world. I just think that she can really make a difference. It is sad though that many people would go for those that would answer their immediate problems. Thing is, one of the reasons why the Philippines is not succeeding is because they want immediate change, they do not think for the long term effects of their actions. Plus, they want a candidate that can appeal to their emotions. It seems like not a lot of people like Miriam because she is so high up on her "pedestal" that not much people understands her. I konw this for a fact because even I have to re-read or re-listen to whatever she says because its quite deep and it feels like I am reading a scholarly article that was required in school.

Nevertheless, I believe she can make a great deal of change in the Philippines, especially in the international sense. SO yes my vote is for Miriam!

anyway, I just want to share, I believe that each candidate can make a change but the people themselves need to change as well. They are the ones that causes such great laws to be not enforced or forgotten since people disregard them. Filipinos should start acting responsible for their action and if so? even if its not Miriam who will win, that president will definately be able to make a change.

Death Moonlight Prince sasuke15y's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I had my thoughts on voting Duterte for president but then again something's been bugging inside my mind and I couldn't put a needle through it. Besides, I still couldn't vote for this upcoming election since I didn't comply that Biometrics thing. So I'll let you people decide for the 6 year future of our nation. I hope that this country of ours will be progressive on those upcoming years

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

My Presidential bet is Miriam Defensor-Santiago! BRAINS AND DISCIPLINE!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Du30 is the most qualified. He's very composed and his character is outstanding. Change is coming!
    Sometimes I forget fictional characters are fictional

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

My bet was on Duterte before, but i changed my mind after knowing his platform. Since I'm a pro-life and despite her health issues, I switched to MDSantiago,based on her credentials i believe she's the most qualified among the other candidates. :) Win or lose, The Iron Lady of Asia will always be my choice. win or lose it's a vote never wasted. :))

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Du30 eh? make sure u guys don't regret him in the later years, like the past Presidents ...

They won't even vote for Miriam cause she is sick? and dying? that's the most lamest reason ever, she is over qualified in standards, if something happen then Marcos can just replace her.(P.s. i'm a Pro Miriam i wont hide it)

No offence to Du30 supporters but men those KOS(kill on sight)/ rape jokes/ no respect on women / plan breaking alliance for U.S./etc / being a dictator attitude when he was doing it already in the election campaign might bite u at the end....
    ( The Change is Coming eh? sure wait till the new Kim Jong un rises... )
    Last edited by Revirie; 05-09-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

can i still answer? lels even tho duterte already won? hahaha, i voted for miriambells