Philippines, Who is your Presidential Bet and why?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS Vampire

Upload
    1795 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,900 Times in 362 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Philippines, Who is your Presidential Bet and why?

It's pretty self-explanatory so what is it? I'm all for Duterte. I wanted Miriam but after seeing how she performed during the debates, I am seriously beginning to doubt her health can take the beating of being a president.

I would also like Poe however I think she lacks enough experience to be placed under the highest position of the RP.

I chose Duterte because I think he means business. And I honestly think he will be assasinated for it. But then again, maybe martyrdom would lead to something good...or worse. :/ Among the aspirants though, I think he has the most conviction of implementing changes that other presidentiables are too afraid to implement.
    Guys I'm a retired staff member, don't come to me for username changes anymore xD its funny having to reply to personal messages 3 months old HAHAHA

Upload
    1270 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm still undecided on who will pick since each has their own ups and down. However what I'm sure of is I won't vote for Mar. Not only he is the least capable but also the one with the least understanding of the root issues. I don't intend to say Mar has no capability but the fact that he played the defensive card when it comes to political stuff that he could decide not to do so just to defend their party proves to me that he wouldn't be able to become a capable president but instead, only a manager who only understand the upper frame and most likely disregard the lower citizens.

"The trick to running is to stay M-A-D. M for 'move ever forward'. A for 'always accelerate', and D for 'dash and don't stop'. If you don't follow those rules, you'll be doing the same thing tomorrow." - Owari no Chronicle

Below Average

Upload
    3274 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 259 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dudette..I mean Duterte all the way!! I admire Santiago but then, her facial expression earlier was horrible. It looked like she was trying her hardest to keep herself from...passing out.

I am absolutely annoyed and disgusted with Mar and Binay. Both only tried their best to promote only themselves without any valid solution for the questions asked in that debate. :/

Poe would be okay...only if she can provide back up with all her plans.

OS Vampire

Upload
    1795 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mlcdl View Post
    I'm still undecided on who will pick since each has their own ups and down. However what I'm sure of is I won't vote for Mar. Not only he is the least capable but also the one with the least understanding of the root issues. I don't intend to say Mar has no capability but the fact that he played the defensive card when it comes to political stuff that he could decide not to do so just to defend their party proves to me that he wouldn't be able to become a capable president but instead, only a manager who only understand the upper frame and most likely disregard the lower citizens.
    The only thing I liked about what he said in the debate was that he actually referenced solid examples of what he has done. However, he has still proven himself unworthy of my vote because he has more failures than victories.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette09 View Post
    Dudette..I mean Duterte all the way!! I admire Santiago but then, her facial expression earlier was horrible. It looked like she was trying her hardest to keep herself from...passing out.

I am absolutely annoyed and disgusted with Mar and Binay. Both only tried their best to promote only themselves without any valid solution for the questions asked in that debate. :/

Poe would be okay...only if she can provide back up with all her plans.
    I absolutely hated how Mar got the cheers of majority of the people inside the room. I am starting to wonder if the people invited were all Mar's allies. This is more or less Duterte territory yet Mar gets most of the applause.
    Guys I'm a retired staff member, don't come to me for username changes anymore xD its funny having to reply to personal messages 3 months old HAHAHA

Banned

Upload
    1376 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlcdl View Post
    You only mentioned Mar as someone you're definitely not voting for. Please don't tell me you're contemplating of voting for Binay.

Upload
    1270 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CloverLeaf View Post
    You only mentioned Mar as someone you're definitely not voting for. Please don't tell me you're contemplating of voting for Binay.
    I don't want to admit it but he is capable despite all the "political attacks" on him. Chances of me voting him is low but it still possible.

"The trick to running is to stay M-A-D. M for 'move ever forward'. A for 'always accelerate', and D for 'dash and don't stop'. If you don't follow those rules, you'll be doing the same thing tomorrow." - Owari no Chronicle

OS Vampire

Upload
    1795 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Binay did poorly on the debate though. He may have some skills but if his communication skills and ability to convince the public are this bad I really don't think he's fit for the position.

~ OS Lost SouL ~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

pres: duterte
    vice: marcos
    senate pres: santiago

Philippines needs.. as what we call it "kamay na bakal"

Below Average

Upload
    3274 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kobowo View Post
    The only thing I liked about what he said in the debate was that he actually referenced solid examples of what he has done. However, he has still proven himself unworthy of my vote because he has more failures than victories.

I absolutely hated how Mar got the cheers of majority of the people inside the room. I am starting to wonder if the people invited were all Mar's allies. This is more or less Duterte territory yet Mar gets most of the applause.
    I couldn't care less who got more applauded as their charts told me who captured most viewers' hearts. Although, I nearly got teary after hearing Mar's finale speech. Such care. Such wow. Such hypocrisy. Lol.

Binay did poorly on the debate though. He may have some skills but if his communication skills and ability to convince the public are this bad I really don't think he's fit for the position.
    Hohoho, true! Perhaps having that I-gotta-make-myself-look-and-sound-more-capable-than-rest mindset sure ruined his opportunity to actually do it as I found most of his answers irrelevant to the questions.

Holy molly! I didn't state why I choose Duterte. :D I would definitely like him to be our next president since he'd flush out all criminals and well, who else to choose if not him or MDS? Since MDS might not be able to be a good one due to her health? :D
    Last edited by Dudette09; 02-21-2016 at 09:46 AM.

OS Vampire

Upload
    1795 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette09 View Post
    I couldn't care less who got more applauded as their charts told me who captured most viewers' hearts. Although, I nearly got teary after hearing Mar's finale speech. Such care. Such wow. Such hypocrisy. Lol.

Hohoho, true! Perhaps having that I-gotta-make-myself-look-and-sound-more-capable-than-rest mindset sure ruined his opportunity to actually do it as I found most of his answers irrelevant to the questions.

Holy molly! I didn't state why I choose Duterte. :D I would definitely like him to be our next president since he'd flush out all criminals and well, who else to choose if not him or MDS? Since MDS might not be able to be a good one due to her health? :D
    His proposed administration is also something worth looking into.

Based on an uncut video I saw, part of his plans are to lease islands for corporations to use as factories (they need to follow ph laws tho) also he wants to improve our steel industry. He isn't all for tough talks only. He also has plans for the aftermath of the crimes.

I also like how he wants to push for federalism. Our current government system sucks balls.

Below Average

Upload
    3274 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

His proposed administration is also something worth looking into.

Based on an uncut video I saw, part of his plans are to lease islands for corporations to use as factories (they need to follow ph laws tho) also he wants to improve our steel industry. He isn't all for tough talks only. He also has plans for the aftermath of the crimes.

I also like how he wants to push for federalism. Our current government system sucks balls.
    Could you link that to me please? I haven't read about all his plans to be honest.

OS Supporter

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Duterte for president, because change is needed, I know it will be like a war zone when he sits on the chair but looking at how the candidates handled the debate.

Binay used Makati for reference where if you dont have a voter's ID you cant even enroll your kids, he didnt even answer the questions and only lifted his chairs, i found it funny how he got butt hurt over the 2 Makati part hahaha!

MDS is also good but I dont think she will be able to withstand presidency, I still want to see her alive in the next 20 yrs ahahah!

Poe is also good, straight to the point and she struck me when she said, it doesnt need a lot of experience to see whats the problem but seeing how soft she is, she could be good after duterte,

Mar is just a joke, he said when he was DOTC there was billions of bidding that were anomaly free? BS, our company joined the bidding for NAIA and they want royalties, and hand me money.

besides, any endorsement from Pnoy is retarded, seeing he was placed n the office just because of his mother who, privatized our utilities, leaving them unregulated and can change or make up items in your bills.

The Aquinos are a cancer to the society and so is Binays, Mar is just a sore lump that hurts when you sit on it.

Thanks

I'll go for Miriam and Marcos. She may be not physically fit but I think she can make the CHANGE that our country needs. Poe is deserving too but it a little early for her. Mar.. Hmm .. I think he is more of an ACTIVE MEMBER than a GOOD LEADER. He works in group and always claim a part on the works of others. Binay lost it.. I believe that no one is really 'CLEAN' when it comes to politics but he attacked it in unprofessional way but I think he has a good leadership. (If not, why would people from Makati believes in him?) And Duterte.. I like his Iron will but he sometimes forget the word RESPECT.. Respect for life, respect for women, respect for others belief etc

Looking for
    FOOD. Always! :)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

HAHAHAHA... i just laugh at this thread after checking the new "POLITIX n' CHILL" thread...

anyway, i want to get involved in this thread, obviously cuz im pinoy and electing a president is one of my rights...

this is my views(before the PiliPinas debate)... at first, i like duterte do be the pres. of the phil because of "reasons"... but i am somewhat thinking twice because of what he wants do to concerning the issue on the west phil sea... and also some of the issue that he said in the news... so because of that, i am thinking of voting Miriam for pres. because of, again, "reasons"... but im still worried on her health issue...

now... does anyone knows a link or a video of the full debate yesterday?... cuz in my place, a 12H blackout happened and i didn't watched it...
    if possible, share the link here cuz we are discussing philippine politics(to be precise, phil president) and linking the debate is somewhat appropriate so that people will have their thoughts on this topic...

牛のゴースト
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ghaila View Post
    pres: duterte
    vice: marcos
    senate pres: santiago

Philippines needs.. as what we call it "kamay na bakal"
    I'm for Duterte!! Firstly, I'm from Mindanao and it's about time Philippines gives a bit of love for this big chunk of island that provides the whole land with fresh bananas and pineapples XD. Secondly, he has proven that he could do a change for the country. I'm hoping it would be for the best. He has done a lot for the people without boasting. And lastly, it's true that the Philippines has come to a time where we need a leader with an iron hand. Being too kind won't stop criminality and drugs in this country. I love Miriam too but I think her health will get worsen if she gets too much problem from being a president. The other candidates might be good too, but not for the presidential position.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

For president i'll still vote for Miriam

I know Duterte has good intentions but his way of justice is harsh & deadly D:

P.S. @ DUDETTE sounds like Duterte u sure u aint tyrant? .... XD
    Last edited by Revirie; 02-22-2016 at 03:42 AM.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

yes, i found a vids of the debate...
    for those who is indecisive in choosing their president, here's a recent debate video(some people might not have watch this)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ACpMppGJ4

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ZetsuRavez For This Useful Post:

choucou (02-22-2016)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

The real question is, "What would happen if Duterte (Yes, I'll vote for him) eventually won, but then again Marcos (No, not voting for him) would also win as VP?" Because well, we are talking about the Philippines and most of the people we've put into position really are either plain corrupt or doesn't know what he's doing.

Thanks

Definitely gonna go for Duterte. His platform is centered around justice and the economical status of the Philippines, and with him, I think the Philippines would be a more progressive and safer country. Miriam is okay too, but as what others have said, her health would worsen if she continues on. You could see it at her performance in the presidential debate, with her voice being weak and all.

Binay's a contradictory joke. One of his commercials stated that his mother died because they couldn't afford the medicine and when asked about how he attained his assets and properties, he mentioned that he inherited some assets before he was mayor from his PARENTS. Like wow. He's also a joke because his face is just plastered on memes all over the internet and Facebook xD

Anyway, this is all my opinion. Vote whoever you think will make this country a better place :)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

This is hilariuos. With utmost profanity in the adversity in which the poll stands.

from what i see why people vote 'em (NVM the platforms):
    teens
    =duterte - hes brave and fearless. smackin criminals is his thing right?
    =miriam - shes brave and fearless and believes in due process

adults(mid 20s-'oldies')
    =poe - promising and somehow charismatic
    =roxas - experienced and liberal party's "fighting rooster"( i forgot the rule... should've wrote K0K, but ok)
    =binay - experienced and somehow did things for the OFWS that were in death row ( if you remember)

so either way who wins will be in the end be in the hands of us people.
    'cuz im 17 and my b-day's yet to come so guys make your votes count
    since i heard that the UN might kick us out of the club if we don't straitghten
    our gov. up so yeah. but im for duterte. old man respects Former President Marcos. yah...
    But somehow, isee filipinos as childish since they want an image of a strong leader
    but when it comes to disciplining... we go " its another story"... why? why for HECKS sake?

Last edited by BreadBoy; 03-18-2016 at 04:48 AM.