You want to watch anime but one of your senses is gone...
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default You want to watch anime but one of your senses is gone...

One day you wake up, you want to watch anime, but one of your senses is gone. What would you do?

Hey guys, i know all of us here likes anime (and manga). This situation hit me and i even question myself, what if when i wake up i can't see anything (by the way, i'm wearing eyeglasses so my eyesight is poor), and i want to watch my anime. For sure, i will cry very hard since anime is with me since my elementary years until now, and just thinking about it makes me so sad. ==> in case some of you are wondering, i watch anime as soon as i wake up :)

There are 5 senses we have, they are: sense of sight, sense of hearing, sense of taste, sense of smell and sense of touch.

I came across with this situation when i re-watch "Prince of Tennis" [spoilers alert ahead :D ]
    Spoiler :  

For this question, obviously the senses that can be applied here are "sense of sight" and "sense of hearing"
    I'm tired of living in this lonely reality....please take me to the fantasy world where I will be happy!

[Random title goes here]~ otakugod12's Avatar
    Where I currently sit/stand/lie down/handstand.
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well, that be quite the predicament.

It would be okay if I lost my hearing, I'll just have to settle with subbed anime and I would finally have a reason to skip OPs and EDs.

But it goes without saying, the main problem would be losing your vision. Based from my experience (actually from my gramp's friends in the retirement home), you don't lose your vision instantly unless fatally injured but slowly fade until you're completely blind. When that happens, it would be wise to start consulting an ophthalmologist and maintain your eyesight... till death, I guess?

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by otakugod12 View Post
    Well, that be quite the predicament.

It would be okay if I lost my hearing, I'll just have to settle with subbed anime and I would finally have a reason to skip OPs and EDs.

But it goes without saying, the main problem would be losing your vision. Based from my experience (actually from my gramp's friends in the retirement home), you don't lose your vision instantly unless fatally injured but slowly fade until you're completely blind. When that happens, it would be wise to start consulting an ophthalmologist and maintain your eyesight... till death, I guess?
    I agree, it wouldn't hurt if we lost our hearing since we can still see the characters and with subs too.

You're also wearing eyeglasses? In my case, I have already changed my eyeglasses (it's grade, the lens) 3 times already, and i'm too scared to change it again...coz my recent glasses' grade is almost quite big. I even tried wearing contact lens but i'm not too comfortable with it. >__<
    I'm tired of living in this lonely reality....please take me to the fantasy world where I will be happy!

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Upload
    1719 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,485 Times in 332 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is a tough choice, but I would choose to lose my sense of hearing because I would still be able to watch anime and read the subtitles. The experience wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable though because soundtracks and scores (they're too different things) mean the world to me.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Its fine if i lose my sense of touch i guess, meaning no more pain dunno if this works removing the FEELS on sad animes.

黒月
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Unhappy Going blind is scary

I probably might just seriously kill myself if I go blind...
    Being unable to watch anime and read manga are just 2 of the most crippling disabilities. I don't even think I could function at all if I lose my sight... It's a scary thought for sure...

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Revirie View Post
    Its fine if i lose my sense of touch i guess, meaning no more pain dunno if this works removing the FEELS on sad animes.
    omg! why didn't i think of this too lol i totally agree with you Rev...feels on sad animes are just too much for me to take xD

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Since my eyesight is already fairly piss-poor, I'll go with the popular choice of hearing. Subtitles are wonderful things.

I wouldn't want to lose touch, though, since it would make typing a bit more difficult...

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

this post is scary lol...anyway, if i lost one of my 5 senses then...it will be hard for me to watch anime...cuz if i go blind then i cant watch the anime..if i go deaf then i cant hear what im watching.. so only 2 of them is important..your Sight and Hearing...if one of them is gone then...thats the end of your life :)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah it seems to me sight is really a non issue here losing your sight kinda makes the ability to "watch" anime non existent... You technically can't
    "watch" anime without sight...
    ~ I don't suffer from insanity,
    I enjoy every moment of It !~

Thanks

I'd prefer to lose my sense of touch, My sense of seeing, tasting, and hearing is really very very important to me. I can deal without the sense of touch. :v

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

losing your sense of touch isn't really a good choice. since the one responsible to it is our somatosensory system. and it does not just simply include the feeling of "touching" something. it's more complex and include some complex pathway. So reality based, probably I'll go with either sense of taste or hearing (though it would really be problematic)