Where did you know about Anime?
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Where did you know about Anime?

I'm just curious on where did you know or find about anime? As for me, i have a blurry memory on where i first knew about anime, but i think it was because of my classmates during my elementary years. I saw them drawing some cute characters, and there it started it all.

**i looked if there is a post about this, but if there's one just delete this ^^**
    I'm tired of living in this lonely reality....please take me to the fantasy world where I will be happy!

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Upload
    1719 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 331 Posts
    Blog Entries

I first learned about anime through movies such as Little Nemo - Adventures in Slumberland, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I was really little when they came out in America, but I knew enough to recognize that they were different from Disney and other Western cartoons. Even so, they were still just cartoons to me. It wasn't until the late nineties that I recognized them for what they actually were, and since then I've never looked back ^_^

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well quite boring story actually, i think i started out with dragonball, flame of recca yuyu hakusho and the like all is from tv during elementary days :D

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I was 6 back then... and been watching disney cartoon network etc... and then discovered animax and saw ghost in the shell and cowboy beebop it was eye opening for me back then

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

For me, Dragon Ball Z was the gateway drug that started it all.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daryldenied View Post
    Well quite boring story actually, i think i started out with dragonball, flame of recca yuyu hakusho and the like all is from tv during elementary days :D
    same here, they were my favorite animes when i was a kid ^_^
    I'm tired of living in this lonely reality....please take me to the fantasy world where I will be happy!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Cartoon Network during my childhood would show Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, and many more. This was my introduction into anime.

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

The first time anime and anime fandom clearly caught my attention was back in junior high going to sci-fi conventions with my Trekker friends. At one local con we visited every year we'd see this one Sailor Moon cosplayer. Stood out among all the Klingons and Stormtroopers. It was a nice costume: full sailor scout school uniform; long, yellow yarn wig; tiara and wand-not that I was really very familiar with the show. It was just on a 40-something, creepy-looking short guy. Sailor Fred, if you will. This left quite a bad impression of anime in general; and other that the vague awareness that some Pokemon were kinda cute, it took until my junior year of college and having dorm-mates watching Inuyasha on adult swim to give anime a fair try. If it wasn't for Do As Infinity's beautiful ED's, I never would have gotten into any Japanese culture younger than Murasaki.

Thanks

My sister and Cartoon Network when I was a kid. lol

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

dragonball z on a tv channel and my very good friend who introduced me to other animes when i was a young teenager

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

When a was kid I learned about anime on YTV. The anime I started watching were, pokemon, beyblade, and yu-gi-oh.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daryldenied View Post
    Same here! But my love for anime developed when I got addicted to pokemon haha

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

i found out first in television...they airing the anime every morning...cuz i didnt know at first about "ANIME"..so i thought its a cartoon that made by them...but of course its not cuz they just given a rights to air that anime and its in "DUB"..so after that i search in the internet about anime...then i watch them in different sites..so i only watch anime that i know at first...but then i found out about Otaku-streamers..so i watch again the anime that i watch before in different sites...and so i found out more anime...and so i watch watch watch watch watch ...until im satisfied but of course im still not satisfied so .. i rewatch rewatch rewatch rewatch rewatch rewatch....so on and so forth

Thanks

When my school mate in school recommended me some of the classics like One Piece, though I have already watched series like DBZ but I didn't know at that time that it was an anime, I thought it was just a cartoon just like the rest of the shows.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

my 2 best friends insisted that I watch Naruto back when I was elementary. Being someone who's quite adaptable, I started watching it.

PS: I never watched any anime intently before and I considered Naruto as the first anime I ever watched.