Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Review
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Post Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Review

**Beware of Spoilers ahead...Read at your own risk**

MAKAI OUJI: DEVILS & REALIST

Summary:
    The story revolves around William, an aristocratic family’s progeny with rare intellect. One day, his uncle lost his possessions after his business failed. Fearing that his family’s name has been tarnished, William returns home and searches with his family’s butler for anything that can be converted into cash. A search of the premises yields an underground room left by an ancestor. In the room is a magical seal, and William unintentionally summons a devil. The summoned devil tells William his name Dantalion, and reveals that William is the designator who can choose the acting ruler of the demon world.

SUMMARY/STORY:

Just reading the summary, you want to watch the anime as soon as possible. I’m the type of person who really like to watch fantasy, supernatural and comedy in an anime...i seldom watch anime that is too much drama or romance. Anyways, back to the story, I really love it since they blend the drama and comedy well. Right from the first episode, it’s already funny. In this anime, there are some scenes which will touch your heart (not sure if you’re a sensitive one coz i am xD) but i won’t tell you what are those scenes are. It’s up for you to find out. They also explained the story well. In my opinion, even though i like this anime, there are certain parts or in general that i'm not pleased with. For example, i think that the story is quite fast-paced. The ending did satisfy me but it would have been nice if they added something to the ending, coz it felt so hanging, for me. It would be nice too if there's a 2nd season, nonetheless, i'm still happy i watched this anime.

MUSIC:

First time hearing their theme songs (both OP and ED) and i already like it! The OP song have great beat, the ED song is a bit slow and mellow but has very nice beat. Listening to both songs, i feel like i have been brought to the anime. (I didn’t read the lyrics of the songs but i really feel it has a nice ring to it to the anime.)

OP song (full): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvNk...Q&spfreload=10
    ED song (full): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehadKhBTtZA

CHARACTERS:

Overall, i love all characters. But Williams just irritates me sometimes because he’s being so hard-headed, i know that it’s his role being a realist but even until the end, he still doesn’t want to believe that devils exist. Dandelion. I like his character but there’s one thing the anime doesn’t answer my question (not telling what it is ^_^ ).

My ratings for this anime:

Summary/Story: 10
    Music: 10
    Characters: 9
    Twist of the story: 9

Overall rate: 9.5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some spoiler pics:
    (please don't hate me....i'm just a normal fujoshi, so i can't help it, but no worries, i promise that it's just skinship. ^^)
    Spoiler :  
    I'm tired of living in this lonely reality....please take me to the fantasy world where I will be happy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KriShe For This Useful Post:

Taku98 (03-22-2016)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

The thing I have to be nitpicky about in your review is your Summary/Story part. You don't really talk about the story there except for it being a bit fast paced and that it has an open end. For a part about the story I'd expected to learn a bit more storywise. Describing, that you think it is fast paced and that it has an open end is good, though.

So the genre is fantasy, supernatural, comedy? Or was it you talking about your preferences? ^^

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I really enjoyed this anime. I'm not the best at giving reviews because I keep things a little TOO short or a little TOO long, but I liked Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist. It was slightly emotional at some points but I think it was worth it to watch.

Death Moonlight Prince sasuke15y's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It was a good watch. It's a great series that shows the contrast of Demons and Angels, along witha marvelous plot and a great art style.