Former Anime Overlord

Upload
    4290 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Cool Recommendation for a new Laptop

Hello minna-san,

So I thought it's time I upgraded lappy. The main use of the laptop will be to convert anime for Os, so please recommend me some powerful pc.

My budget: below $1000 usd
    I'm looking for:
    • Most powerful processor I can get, high clock speed
    • Windows OS mandatory
    • Hardware size or type doesn't matter
    • RAM 8Gb should do
    • Optical Drive necessary
    • Battery life 4hrs is okay
    • Display 15.6 inches
    • GPU not an issue, as the core will have a standard graphics card
    • Don't like touch, but okay if it's on

I really want stress on the processor and clock/overclock speed. I have an i5-3230M 2.6 GHz to 3.2Ghz with 8Gb RAM, while the RAM has never been used to 50%, the processor max out on encoding.

Here's one I found:
    http://www.amazon.com/HP-i7-6700HQ-Q...n%3A2423841011

Dark Clouds in the sky With spells and witchcraft
    I'm chained below
    Kimi ni todoke // Lovely complex // Shiki // Ghost Hunt ..

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

The one you've picked out is a pretty darn good bang for your buck, especially on the sale they have right now. You probably won't find a better deal than that one outside of a serious discount sale or Black Friday.

If the main function of the computer is to convert anime, it might be another option just to build a small desktop with a beefy CPU, your 8GB of RAM, a little 128GB SSD with a PSU and DVD drive, and you're done. Could probably just remotely access it, then not need a ton of firepower on your laptop (since you're a lot more limited on upgrade options for laptops, RAM and HD, and that's about it). Price would be cheaper by at least $200.

On the flip side, if you're a 1-computer-person, what you've already spec'd out is your best bet. Cheers, mate.

Former Anime Overlord

Upload
    4290 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LastVanguard View Post
    The one you've picked out is a pretty darn good bang for your buck, especially on the sale they have right now. You probably won't find a better deal than that one outside of a serious discount sale or Black Friday.

If the main function of the computer is to convert anime, it might be another option just to build a small desktop with a beefy CPU, your 8GB of RAM, a little 128GB SSD with a PSU and DVD drive, and you're done. Could probably just remotely access it, then not need a ton of firepower on your laptop (since you're a lot more limited on upgrade options for laptops, RAM and HD, and that's about it). Price would be cheaper by at least $200.

On the flip side, if you're a 1-computer-person, what you've already spec'd out is your best bet. Cheers, mate.
    Hmm, yea I was considering a desktop, but I just hate being stationary.
    The Intel Core i7-6700HQ seems to be the best I can get for a laptop. I found another really nice one same processor, but faster rpm hard drive, 16 GB RAM and an actual gaming graphics card, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M. It can add an SSD.

http://www.amazon.com/GL552VW-DH71-1...g_bs_565108_23

Dark Clouds in the sky With spells and witchcraft
    I'm chained below
    Kimi ni todoke // Lovely complex // Shiki // Ghost Hunt ..

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

There was a point where I used to ask people "what would you actually use 16GB of RAM for?". I'd later come to refer to those people as "Browsertabzillas".

If you want to pay the extra for the performance upgrades, that's also a fantastic one. One of my coworkers just bought the RoG laptop that's slightly better than that one for $1,200, and he's really enjoying it. He uses it mainly for pro audio work.

Quote Originally Posted by error345 View Post
    Hmm, yea I was considering a desktop, but I just hate being stationary.
    The Intel Core i7-6700HQ seems to be the best I can get for a laptop. I found another really nice one same processor, but faster rpm hard drive, 16 GB RAM and an actual gaming graphics card, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M. It can add an SSD.

http://www.amazon.com/GL552VW-DH71-1...g_bs_565108_23