My End, Your End
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default My End, Your End

A story of something I guess.

-------------

"What...?" The little girl whimpered as she started to back away from the creature that was approaching her from what seemed like a rift in space. She began to crawl back as her legs gave out from fear. "Someone.." She began to say. The creature reached out to her. "Somebody help me!!" She shielded herself as she shrieked. Suddenly, a flash of white came between her and the creature. She opened her eyes hesitantly to see a man in broken armor and a peculiar looking shield, protecting her from the creature. Before she could talk, the man pushed himself and the creature into the rift, both disappearing along with the same blinding white light.

Years later...

A young woman was walking out of the house. "Bye Granny~ I will be right back!" She chirped as she began to leave. "Fio! Wait!" The old lady said as she hurried to catch Fio with a small handbag. "You forgot your bag!" She said as she handed Fio the small leather bag. "Oh! Thanks Granny~" She said and she left with a running start. She started to pass by her neighbors and greeted them as she has done for many years: with a smile and a lovely "how are you". She ran by merchants and farmers, greeting them as she kept on running without missing a beat. She was in a good mood because she was about to hit the city to run an errand for her grandmother and grandfather. She never usually goes to the city but she knows that the city is a mysterious place that is full of excitement and commotion. She kept running for sometime, taking breaks in between, but within a hour of running, she saw the city gates opened for entry. She gasped with excitement as she ran towards the city but bumped into someone by accident. She tripped and fell. "Sorry! I didn't see where I was going.." She started to say but as soon as she looked up, she saw a man with a dirty cloak staring back at her with cold eyes. He had a mark on his left eye and cheek. She felt a chill but immediately got up and apologized once more and ran as fast as possible. The man watched her leave but didn't move until she was out of sight and then began to move towards the city again.

Oh man that was close.. That was scary.. Fio thought to herself. She shook it off once she reached the city gates to see a flood of people just going in all directions. She was once again excited as she began to window shop and see many different attractions. As she was looking at a traveling circus, she remembered to get what she was sent her to get: a small silver knife that was carved and sharpened by a famous blacksmith in the city. She found the blacksmith waiting for her to arrive. "Hey ol' timer~ how's it going?" She asked playfully. The blacksmith looked at her and grinned right back at her. "Well if it isn't crybaby Fio. What are you here for? Mama's milk?" He retorted. "Hey! I only cried ONE time and its because I hurt my finger trying to hammer something! And second of all, I don't like milk!" She cried back, pouting. The blacksmith laughed whole-heartedly. "Well I guess. I'm guessing you're here for the package?" He said. Fio nodded as she handed him some money. "Oh good~ Here you go." He said as he handed her a small silver knife that was sharpened and polished and decorated. "Wow, its so pretty!" She exclaimed with shimmering eyes. "You're the best!" She said as she said her farewells.

Humming as she began her way back, she was admiring the knife as it glowed with the sunlight. Then, all of a sudden, a figure dashed past her, snatching her leather bag. Fio was caught off guard but that didn't stop her from giving chase to the thief. "Hey! GIVE THAT BACK!" She yelled as she followed the thief all throughout the city until they hit a dead end. The thief turned but had a hood on so his face wasn't visible. "Found you now." She grinned. "You messed with the wrong girl!" She exclaimed as she readied the knife at hand to fight the hooded thief until a blinding light shined behind the thief. The thief was surprised as well as the thief turned around to see the a creature with a white mask and a silver humanoid body. Fio stopped dead in her tracks as flashbacks revealed that it was the same monster she encountered when she was younger. The thief began crawling backwards as the creature lunged towards Fio. Fio, once again, shielded herself against the monster only to hear a loud clang. She looked to see a cloaked figure, with the same peculiar shield, protecting her once again.

"Its.. its you!" She said. She noticed the same markings on the man's left eye and cheek. "Its... you!?" She gasped. The man repelled the creature with the shield and looked back her. "Run!" He commanded but Fio didn't seem to be listening. "Its you? Its you from years ago!" She kept muttering to herself. The man looked at her and then back at the creature. The creature gave a loud cry that pierced their ears. Without hesitation, the man swung his shield through the creature's body and stepped back while chanting a spell of some sort. He sunk his shield down to the ground and a pillar of rock pierced the creature's body. It began to glow white and it dissipated. The man picked up his shield and latched it onto his back and turned around only to see Fio lunging at him to hug him. The man was taken aback as Fio hugged him tight. "It is you! It really is you!" She kept saying over and over. "I've been looking for you! For all these years!" She said. The man didn't respond but made her let go and he left quickly and without a trace. Fio was disheartened but was not discouraged. "I will find you again! I swear it!" She cried into the sky. After taking a small breath, she looked around to see the thief was trying to crawl away. "Well well... where were we." She said as she held the knife to his neck with a sly grin. "You thought I was going to let you crawl away?" The thief whimpered. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't! I uhh.. I...!" He panicked. Fio's grin got wider. "Tell you what.. You are going to accompany me to find that man again." The thief nodded his head rapidly in agreement. "Good~!" She chirped as she pulled the knife away. She retrieved her bag back and then grabbed the thief by his hood and started to drag him. "Our adventure starts here. So let's be on our way~" She declared as she continued to drag him back to her Grandparents' house.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hellzflame For This Useful Post:

apellhamdeme (01-28-2016)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Chapter 2: Where

As Fio dragged the mysterious thief along the busy market, she began to ask people if they had seen the man with a dirty cloak and a mark on his left eye. Many people said things that contradicted what others saw and when they found their cloaked man, it was the wrong person. After many hours of searching tirelessly, Fio plopped down on a grassy field in a small park along with the thief. "There is absolutely NO trace of that guy.." She sighed as she fanned herself with her hand. The thief was quiet. He squirmed a bit, shifting his head from one side to the other to find an escape route. Fio stared at him and reached for her bag. The thief jumped from surprise as Fio brought out a snack from her purse. "Hungry?" She asked as she handed him a slice of a sandwich. The thief hesitated but reached out timidly for the slice. After taking the sandwich, Fio smiled and began to eat her own slice, which in response she started to admire the taste. "Mmmm~ Granny sure knows how to make a sandwich~" she said with ecstasy. The thief chewed his sandwich without a word. Fio looked at him and tilted her head. "So, whats your name?" She asked. The thief said nothing. "Why were you trying to steal my bag?" she asked again. Once more, the thief said nothing. Annoyed, Fio asked one more question. "Do you need something open that mouth of yours?" She said with a mischievous face as she showed him the knife. The thief started to shake in fear. "Hiiiiiiii!!!" he yelped as he was taken aback. Fio began to laugh at his reaction and put the knife back. "Ahahaha~ I was kidding." She said as she held her stomach from laughing. The thief was dumbstruck but regained his quiet composure. Softly, he started to speak.

"My name is Derik.." He said.
    "What? I couldn't hear you." Fio replied back.
    "My name is Derik.." He said a little louder.
    Fio held her hand up to her ear.
    "My name... is Derik." He said. He looked nervous, even with the hood on his head. He was fiddling with his fingers as he looked at the ground. As soon as he looked up to see her face, he was taken aback by her smile.

"My name is Fio. Nice to meet you~" she said as she held out her hand. As soon as Derik tried to shake it, he got up. Right afterwards, Fio and Derik heard someone yell. "HEY! THERE YOU ARE!!!" They both looked at the direction of the voice to see a little girl running towards Derik. "W-wha!!! Cindy!" He exclaimed in surprise as the girl jumped and tackled him down and started beating him with her tiny fists. "How can you do that you idiot! You coward! Stupid coward!!" She kept hitting him as she began to throw more insults. Fio just looked at them with surprise. With a sharp glance, Cindy looked at Fio and then back at Derik. "W-w-w-who IS THIS WOMAN!?!?!?!" She continued to beat him senseless.

Fio began to laugh. "Ahh you see. Derik tried to..." Before she could finish her sentence, Derik quickly got up and dragged Cindy away. Derik got them away from Fio's hearing distance. Derik started whispering. "Cindy!! So.. she is just a.. a treasure hunter! She has a map that only she can read... and so... uh.. I'm.. uh using her to get to the treasure first...!" He said. Cindy stared at him in disbelief but eventually gave in. She sighed and looked at him once more. "But.. when will you come home? You haven't returned for so long..." She said as she held onto his sleeves. Derik looked away from her gaze. "You.. know why.." He said somberly. Cindy looked at him desperation. "But..!" Cindy began but was interrupted. "So. Are we done here?" Fio asked from behind Derik. Startled, Derik toppled over Cindy, resulting in a position that can only be described as a lucky misunderstanding. "Or... not." Fio said cupping her mouth. Derik got up quickly and started to apologize to Cindy but as soon as Derik realized the redness of her face, Cindy dashed off into the distance. Whistling, Fio commented on how fast she was but her attention was caught by a small piece of paper that was lying on the floor where Cindy had been. Fio picked it up to see that it was a type of wanted poster of a cloaked man with a mark on his left eye. Fio started to shake as she read the poster.

"Wanted, Dead or Alive. This man is dangerous. Reports state that he has been seen summoning monsters and attacking villages. Please if found, report to the authorities immediately."

As she continued reading she found out that he stayed at another town far east from the city they were in now called "Ruby Town". Taking this as a lead, she looks at Derik. "Alright, we are going to Ruby Town!" She said as she dragged Derik by the arm. "H-hey!! W-why Ruby... town?" He asked while being dragged. She smiled and replied, "It's where He is!" She also added that it was past her small village so she started her return home to drop off the package and then set off to Ruby Town.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Chapter 3: Will You Go?

As Derik was trotting along behind Fio as she skipped happily along the trail towards her home. She hummed a upbeat tune and matched her steps to the beat. How did this happen.. Derik thought to himself. Derik nervously looked around through his hood, searching for an opportunity to quietly leave. A cart was passing by and Derik saw the opportunity to escape. As the cart went past Fio, Derik snuck himself under the cart. Sorry girly... I don't think I want to help you, he snickered to himself, proud of his grand escape. As he was in the middle of his self-praising, he realized the cart stopped moving and also heard a girl's voice. "Oh sir~ I saw that you have a rat following you~" the familiar chipper voice chirped. Then Derik was dragged from under the cart by Fio's grip on his ankle. "Thank you and have a nice day Uncle~" She said as she waved good bye while literally dragging Derik again. "How..." He began with a disheartened voice but immediately stopped when he saw Fio's ferocious gaze staring back at him; like a tiger about to kill its prey. "If you thought you could run from me after trying to steal from me, you were really really really wrong~" she said with a smile and a fist. Derik shut his mouth sheepishly and nodded just as furiously. "Good~" She said normally and kept on dragging him all the way home.

After hours of walking and dragging, they reached Fio's home. Derik started to twitch. "Uh.. hey.." He began to say. "I don't.. think... this is the right house." Fio gave him a sigh and the look she had been giving him since he tried to leave. "This is MY house. I know my own home." She retorted. Derik shook his head furiously and his voice was shaking. "N-no! I mean s-something is w-wrong!" He stammered. Fio was confused but then right as she looked back at the door, the house exploded as the same monster from earlier emerged from the rubble. Shocked with the event, Fio fell backwards on her butt as Derik began to cower in fear. Along with the monster, the cloaked hero also came out as he battled the monster with his shield. Fio looked in awe but snapped back to reality, and began to search frantically for her grandparents. "Grammy! Grandfather!" She began to shriek. Derik just kept repeating the same phrase. "Oh no... Clades.. they have come back..!" He said as he kept shaking in fear. Fio still looking, saw the cloaked hero and the monster fighting across the field. As she heard the battle going on, she heard a small groan behind her. She saw a hand next to her and connected to that hand was her grandfather. "Grandfather!" She exclaimed as she began to remove the rubble one by one. "Grandfather, are you okay!?" she began to panic. "W-where is Grammy?!" She ask. The old man coughed but did not talk. Instead, pointed at her bag. Fio looking at his hand, opened her bag and took out the knife. "w-what about this!? Where is Grammy!" she started to sob. The old man looked at her weakly and then held her hand. "I'm... sorry.." he uttered and he went cold. "Grandfather..?" She asked. "Grand...pa...? A-are.. you.. grandpa..?" Her tears started to fall and she screamed in agony. She felt anger, rage, sorrow all at the same time. She kept screaming to the heavens until she couldn't scream anymore. Derik looked at her and looked down as well but before he could even think about doing anything, Fio rose up with the knife in her hands and scanned for the monster. As soon as she found it, she ran towards it, leaving Derik behind. Derik ran after her but was losing track of her because of her tremendous speed. He was dumbstruck by her agility and also felt the same sensation before this whole fiasco. The monster had the cloaked hero in a pinch. He was kneeling as his breathe got heavier and heavier. "Damn it. I'm.. not used to this yet." He muttered. Clenching to his shield, he began his desperate attack as the monster approached him but was stopped dead in his track as Fio rushed towards the monster. "You FIEND!" She cried out as she lunged towards the monster with the knife in hand and stabbed it through its back. The blow, however, was not decisive. The monster groaned in pain but knocked Fio back with a swift lariat. Fio flew backwards but her fall was broken by Derik's body. The cloaked hero took this chance to lunge his shield forward to hit the monster's head and continued with a sweep with the shield. As the monster was in mid-air, he dashed forward and removed the knife from the monster's back and jumped upwards, right above the monster as it crashed onto the ground. He threw the knife straight down onto the belly of the monster and followed up with a deadly blow by crashing down onto the knife with the shield, penetrating the monster completely. The monster gave a loud horrific yell as it disintegrated into dust. Breathing heavily, the cloaked hero got up slowly, catching his breath. Fio woke up as Derik held onto her. She looked at the hero as his hood came off, showing his golden hair along with the mark on his left eye. She looked at him and began to walk towards him. "Y-you... it really is you.. the man who saved me.. years ago." She said weakly as she kept approaching him. "I... was looking for you.." She said. The man look at her coldly, and turned away. "Sorry. I can't stay here." He said and began to walk away. Fio then grabbed his cloak desperately. "N-no! Wait! Take me with you! I was searching for you! To thank you! And and.. to follow you! It's been my dream! Please!" She started to cry. Derik looked at her, hopelessly. The man paused and just began to walk away however Fio's grip got tighter. "PLEASE! I BEG YOU!" she cried out louder. "I don't have anywhere else to go! I'VE LOST EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING!!" she desperately shouted. The man stopped as Fio bent down on her knees, exhausted from crying from rage and sorrow. Derik stepped in sheepishly. "Hey.. y-you... should hear her out..." He said softly. The man twitched slightly but did not turn around. "I don't necessarily have time to baby sit. Nor do I have time to chat idly." He began coldly. "However, if you wish to find me again, come to Ruby Town within a few days. Assuming you have the will to follow, I'll be waiting there for three days." He turned his head again and began to walk but before he walked away, he muttered something softly.

"Mourn your losses. I'm... sorry."

With that, he left Derik and Fio and disappeared without a trace once more. Fio kept crying and crying.

The next day, Fio prayed in front of two graves. Derik stood behind her as she finished her prayer. "I'll be going now Grammy, Grandfather." she said softly and got up from her knees. She looked at Derik. "So, Ruby Town right?" she asked. Derik softly nodded his head. "Alright... well. I guess this is good bye now." She said with a soft smile. Derik was confused. "W-what do you mean?" He asked. Fio shook her head slightly. "I don't think I want to drag anyone towards danger...even if he is a no-good thief." She said with a with disheartened smile. "So... I forgive you. And.. no hard feelings." She said as she started off. Derik stood there, watching her leave. But with a shout, Fio was struck with surprise. "Ruby Town. I was just headed there." He said. Fio turned around to see Derik walking right next to her. "I-if.. I can. I can... travel with you there... I mean..." he said sheepishly. Fio was dumbstruck, but a smile gradually formed on her lips. She nodded. "So will you go with me?" She asked. Derik nodded firmly. "Alrighty!" She said. "To Ruby Town!" she exclaimed. Derik just walked behind her.

Fio smiled and softly muttered under her breath. "Thank you..."

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Walking along the broken path towards Ruby Town, a small town meant with a big business for mining rare gems, Fio and Derik trotted with their bags of provisions and sleeping bag slowly with the vivid images of yesterday's horror. Fio's face was downcast but kept walking at a steady pace, however Derik's pace was behind hers. They didn't talk nor did they stop. Derik looked at Fio. Fio stared at the ground as she walked. No words were able to come out of Derik's mouth to try and console her feelings but not because of lack of emotion and sympathy but the weird vibe he got from her yesterday when she went into rage about her Grandfather's death.

That was weird... She felt different yesterday.. Derik thought to himself. She was.. so much.. scarier..

Derik watched her walk from behind from his hood; eyeing her to see if the weird vibe really came from her. "How long are you going to stare at me." Derik heard a voice in front of him. "Huh?" He said as he realized that Fio was looking at him with her arms crossed. Flustered, he fell backwards with a yelp. Fio looked at him with pitiful eyes and sighed. "What are you doing?" She said with a sigh. She turned around and started walking again. He looked at her and could only think of one thing.

How sad... He thought as he got up and started walking again.

After a while, they were walking through a forest and the sun was setting. Fio kept walking without slowing down her pace. Derik felt a bit uneasy. "She will keep walking even if we get lost... I hope she knows where we are going... wait." Derik muttered as he realized that they were going in the wrong path. "Hey Fio.." He said sheepishly. She didn't respond. He called out once more but a little bit louder. She didn't flinch and kept walking. He called out again. "Hey! Fio!" He said. Annoyed, Fio answered back. "What is it?!" Derik pointed at the path. "We are going the wrong way." He said calmly. Fio looked at the path and realized that he was right and stayed silent. "We.. should head back." She said softly as she started to walk back to where they started. Derik, however, noticed that her legs were shaking with every step. "We should.. make camp here. It's getting too dark to see and.. we might get lost..." He said softly. Fio stayed silent. After setting up a small camp besides the road, they were sitting by the fire that Derik had prepared. Derik gazed at Fio and wondered about how screwed up her life became. I wonder.. how she's holding up he thought to himself. Before Derik could open up with a topic, Fio stood up. "I'm going to bed." she announced and went inside her sleeping bag. Derik sighed softly and went to bed as well.

The next day, they started off by walking back to the right path and kept going from there. They knew that within another two days, the hooded man was going to probably leave without them. However, with their pace, Derik was sure they were going to be early. Although their journey was going smoothly, something felt off about the air. Derik shifted his gaze in fear, but didn't really show too much of it for it may be just nothing. Something isn't right... he thought to himself. Its.. got to be nothing... or was it. Fio just kept walking, looking at the ground and ignoring Derik. She just kept walking until she saw a flicker of light on the corner of her eye. She stopped and looked towards it quickly but found nothing. Derik was surprised at her sudden movement that he stumbled onto his butt. "W-woah! Whats up?" He said shakily. Fio squinted and stared at the direction of the flicker. Derik just stared at her. Then Fio's eyes suddenly went wide and jumped towards Derik, only to find out a huge grey blade was sent flying towards where she was standing. "Oh my GOD!" Derik exclaimed as he stared at awe of the huge blade. However, Fio wasn't fixated on the thing that almost killed her but the thing that threw it at her. "It.. It's.. back." She said. "It's back!" She got up and took a stance as if she was about to fight it. Derik looked at her as if she was crazy. "Y-you! GIVE ME BACK MY GRANDPARENTS!" She said as she rushed to the monster. Derik was too late to stop her as she began to attempt at hitting the monster. However the monster was not slow as it swung at her. Barely blocking it, Fio was sent flying back to Derik. "Fio!" he exclaimed. "Are you okay?!" He was checking for injuries only to find that her arms were bruised. Fio whimpered in pain. "I.. I will kill it!" She said as she tried to get up weakly. Derik held onto her shirt. "You're crazy! It'll kill you!" He said. Fio didn't back down and then rushed towards the monster once more. You can't fight against a Clades! He thought to himself. Damn it... I have to do something. He said as he helplessly watched Fio get swung back again. This time, she didn't get up. "Fio!" He shouted as he ran towards her. "Fio..." he said softly. He looked at the monster and back at Fio. Fio looked at Derik weakly. "I... I... need to kill it.." Derik looked at her and took a deep breath.

"I'll do something." He said to her.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Chapter 4: With Me

Derik picked up the knife that Fio was holding and shifted his stance to a fighting pose. His right arm was forward in front of him as if he was guarding with a shield while his left hand held the knife with a backhand grip. I can.. I can... I can.. Derik thought to himself. You are a thief. You can loot and steal. That includes lives! He hyped himself up as he ran towards the monster with the same stance. The monster, however, was not impressed as it swung its arm and sent Derik flying backwards. Hacking in pain, he struggled to breathe after getting the wind knocked out of his lungs. He staggered back up and got back into the same stance. I don't remember much.. but my body still remembers this He thought to himself as he breathed heavily. He rushed towards the monster again but dodged the incoming swing from the monster's arm. After closing the distance, he swung at the monster with the blade but only scratched it. Moving a little more fluidly, he began swiping away at the monster but did no significant damage. "Damn it!" He cursed as he was swung backwards again but this time didn't get up. Is this where I die? He wondered. He struggled to keep his eyes open but before closing them, he saw another figure of a man. "Who..?" He said weakly and then lost consciousness.

After a while, Derik opened his eyes to see a ceiling. He blinked a couple times only to question where he was. "Where am I..?" He said to himself. He looked around to see Fio lying down on another bed. "Fio.." He called out to her weakly. He tried to reach out to her but a voice stopped him. "She will be fine. So will you." it said. Derik looked at the direction of where the voice came from to see Seraph. He looked at Derik. "You are a fool to fight the Clades." He said. "With no skill nor weapon viable in battle, you took them head on. If that wasn't a death wish, I don't know what is." He went up to Derik's bed and lightly tapped his arm. Derik winced in pain. "You must have known." He said. Derik's eyes opened up, stunned by what he said. "Clades can hurt you, just by being near you." He explained. "You must have known." He repeated. Derik stuttered. "W-what do y-you mean.." Derik stared at Seraph silently. Seraph stared back with a cold stare. "You were next." He said. Derik's mouth went dry but before he could ask anymore questions, Fio started to get up. Groaning, Fio sat up on her bed. "Ow.. What happened..?" She said. Seraph looked at her. "You are safe now." He said. He walked up to her and lightly tapped her shoulder. Fio was confused, however, so was Seraph. She withstood the presence of the Clades? Seraph thought quietly. Sighing, Seraph looked into Fio's eyes. "It seems you were able to keep the promise." He said. "Now, follow me. I will give you purpose." Fio looked into his eyes but no words were said. she just nodded. Derik, however, seemed worried about her choice. "You shouldn't... He said softly. "I can't follow him. Not with you."