Changing the size of the permission group bars
    Pluviophile
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Changing the size of the permission group bars

Majority of people that use the OS forum use the full width of the avatar which dwarfs the permission group bars leaving a lot of blank space next to them, this in my opinion could be used better for a cleaner look to the forum, for example i have created an image:

i know the text looks meh but it is just an quick example of how it could be adjusted for a better aesthetic.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Zelaxion For This Useful Post:

aalomarnaki (08-27-2015), anwiederins (08-21-2015), Autowinto (08-15-2015), Bunnilla (08-16-2015), CloverLeaf (08-15-2015), emessiernol (09-20-2015), icalimart (08-17-2015), jillaimay (08-16-2015), lihaldarr (08-23-2015), nantlingroya (08-17-2015), ornedoedwa (08-15-2015), ruhstorferm (08-31-2015), seaksluan (08-21-2015), Seth117 (08-16-2015)

Just a student

Upload
    295 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Small thing, but would be a very nice addition in my opinion!
    Kobowo Tokusentai -Wrighto, The Cyan Shadow

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Autowinto For This Useful Post:

ornedoedwa (08-15-2015), raynerharl (09-13-2015)

The End-kun
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

When I made some early userbars for OS I did this and Kobowo told me they were were too big. And then I told him to at least ask the admin to center the usernames, titles, and userbars, like this, which I thought would make them look better aligned with everything else.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ragnarok For This Useful Post:

jillaimay (08-16-2015), ornedoedwa (08-15-2015)

Pluviophile
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    When I made some early userbars for OS I did this and Kobowo told me they were were too big. And then I told him to at least ask the admin to center the usernames, titles, and userbars, like this, which I thought would make them look better aligned with everything else.
    yeah i agree completely, i personally like things tidy and with the current ones being centered it cleans them up a bit. right now they feel out of place and a bit small.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zelaxion For This Useful Post:

ornedoedwa (08-15-2015)

The End-kun
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

The avatars also, otherwise smaller ones will still sit in the left side. It's basically what all websites with this format have.

A good example is Anime-Sharing.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ragnarok For This Useful Post:

ornedoedwa (08-15-2015)

OS Supporter

The land of Milky Holmes and Honey-sempai
    Upload
    38 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

There are a lot of small screen devices that can use the forums but not stream, having one size fits all is a valid solution. You could compile it as a skin/theme like a lot of php frameworks has, so a user can have the option to enable it in UserCP.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to i1abnrk For This Useful Post:

ornedoedwa (08-15-2015)

Upload
    1252 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I would like for this idea to get approve. Rather than center or on the corner like right now, a userbar fitting to the maximum size of the avatar like this is better. Also, this one make place for more appealing userbar due to addition drawing beside the text title.

"The trick to running is to stay M-A-D. M for 'move ever forward'. A for 'always accelerate', and D for 'dash and don't stop'. If you don't follow those rules, you'll be doing the same thing tomorrow." - Owari no Chronicle

♥Panda Princess♥

Upload
    242 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I like this idea. My OCness is making me want to draw something on that space. I hope it's either centered of filled it to fit le avatar
    Procrastinator by day. Insomiac by night ♥

Kawaii Alluka's Onii-chan

Kukuroo Mountain, Dentora, Republic of Padokia
    Upload
    578 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mlcdl View Post
    I would like for this idea to get approve. Rather than center or on the corner like right now, a userbar fitting to the maximum size of the avatar like this is better. Also, this one make place for more appealing userbar due to addition drawing beside the text title.
    True. Though I like the current once than the previous userbar because it looks cool but it is indeed nice to add images to fill in the spaces. Though I'm not sure if it would look nice or disordered because there would be different images... I'm too lazy to try. And I feel sorry for a certain someone if ever this happens. :P But this is nice.

The End-kun
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlcdl View Post
    I wasn't against the idea of changing userbars, I meant that regardless of the userbars. Usernames, titles, userbars, and avatars, are normally aligned in the center. As for the drawing beside the title, it only looks appealing in Zela's example. A longer title, such as "Anime Moderator," would go over the drawing, and wouldn't even fit in the userbar with that font size. It's possible for the Otaku rank because it's short. But the Otaku rank is also special, if we did the same for everything else it would diminish its uniqueness.