Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Below Average

Upload
    1074 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Autowinto View Post
    I think it's a great idea to do this, however I'm concerned that it will be hard to distinguish veteran and uploader status aswell as OS Yuri color and OS Citizen color. I have a really hard time distinguishing at least.
    They have different shades of yellow color tho. Also, the Yuri color which is pink-ish is far different from silver. :O

"A nightmare dressed like a daydream."

Just a student

Upload
    295 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette09 View Post
    They have different shades of yellow color tho. Also, the Yuri color which is pink-ish is far different from silver. :O
    That's my point though. Being colorblind, I had no idea that was silver. Some colorblind members might have trouble with it, just like me.
    Kobowo Tokusentai -Wrighto, The Cyan Shadow

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Autowinto For This Useful Post:

raynerharl (09-13-2015), ruhstorferm (08-31-2015)

Thanks

I also like to add a suggestion
    Its nice to put a list of staff that is online to help new users to find a staff

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jawee For This Useful Post:

Autowinto (08-10-2015), jeiru01 (09-21-2015), pikel (08-16-2015)

Papepipu ♪ Papepipupo ♪
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

+1 for the Mobile interface IDEA I was thinking for a long time since most of the people these days could access the internet through mobile. plus it will be really AWESOME. I mean just imagining myself streaming OS on my mobile with an interface dedicated for mobiles even when I'm on the go/or travelling or something. I bring OS with me anywhere and stream any time? that would be HEAPS of FUN!

OS for Life!
    "Be HAPPY. Stay HAPPY"

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Hi there. (As I wrote and wrote and wrote my post, I realised that most things I "complain" about are not meant to really get new members, but to eventually not drive them off or hold them a bit longer, keep that in mind. Thank you)

(Don't skip this, because there is no number in front of it and the list starts below!) First thing that came to my mind, that could be better and that did annoy me, is that many recent Anime get sometimes a really delayed upload date. Sometimes they are 3 days later, sometimes 14 days and suddenly 3 episodes at once pop up, or the quality is devastating (I started watching Kangoku Gakuen on another site because it is extremely delayed and the audio quality is horrible. I reported it twice per problem report function). It's only one example, but that shouldn't happen. I've read this several times now in this thread. BUT I understande that those who upload the videos are only humans and got other things to do and can't always be on point. But then again, it's the same for other sites. Still I valued the streams on OS more because they were Ad free, always had the same player, no limitations in any way and most of the times with a good quality. That's why it never bugged me that all those I talk about anime with and are not on OS, had their episodes 1-2 days earlier. Another thing is that I heard from some that they stopped streaming Anime on OS, because it's better for them on other sites, which is a bit worrying.

That has been my personal most dire problem.

Now some smaller things:

1. Remove the "Discussion" header in the top tab, it's only Sub-Forums anyway.
    2. Add a Chatbox-Link near the Shoutbox.
    3. In the Forums make a sub-Forum to the Anime Talk named Anime Series discussion. If I wanted to talk about a certain series and had to search through that chaotic nature of Anime Talk... result is that you don't see me talk about Anime series in the Forums.
    4. I get disconnected so quick in the Chatbox (bugs) and sometimes it just disappears and sometimes the Chatbar disappears when reloading xD
    5. Divide the Anime/Drama request Sub Forum to their respective Forums. For someone like me, that would want to help sometimes, or at least look into it but is not interested in Dramas stops looking into that one. (As you can see, there are many small things that stop me from interacting on the site)
    6. Then like someone mentioned, the excessive youtube gameplay posts in the gaming sub Forum... If that stays allowed, there should be one overarcing thread for someone like that (I did youtube videos myself) or we need a Youtube Gameplay/let's play sub Forum in the gaming sub Forum, or that should be transferred to the videos/pictures sub Forum.
    7. Let us chose our favourite groups that get displayed below the avatar (limit of 1-3). That should get a boost to the groups because they are more accessible. And if the one guy you think is a hot girl is in a certain group, you surely want to check it out.
    8. To the News/Announcements: Sometimes I overlook some news, because even though some are the most recent news, they are below 3 other announcements. That is... just stupid. I expect the most recent news at the top. And if there is the same picture for 4 consecutive days, I don't think that something important got posted.
    9. Make the "Home" page configurable. What I mean is that it's constructed like many little pieces that got placed. But some things I just don't need at all or at that position. I'd rather have only 1 recent announcement and then the Recent Forum posts (and I need a button there to shut off the recent Forum Games posts). Not only could we customize the amount we get to see, but many other things could be implemented. Imaging you can change your personal start page from OS like you want: Shoutbox right here, next to it eventually the Chatbox, then the last Forum posts, after that Finally the announcements. Then next to it the events in OS. Donators? You are not interested in them, remove it. Put next to the Events a smaller recent news where you only see the Thread title. Interested in Blogs? No problem, just put the "most recent blog entries" where you want it and so on. So many possibilities. We even could implement Anime news from other sites. A friend of mine did excactly that things with our personal page. I got a calendar with most recent events, random pictures from the pictures section, the shoutbox, most recent posts in the Forum, Wacken news, a random German Bash quote, most recent personal messages, Hangman (everyone that has it activated could play in real time with others) and my own link collection. It's awesome if we could do that.
    10. Put the Blogs in display, don't have them just sit there in the upper tab, but get them out in the open. Let people see the names of the last x Blogs, so that they get interested in them.

More things others mentioned that I don't need to explain:
    • Better mobile compability (I don't use it though)
    • Sometimes less is more: Don't give the users 4 different ways to do one thing that needs more people. It only divides and lets them lose interest. (e.G. comment box)
    • Shoutbox archive
    • Remove bugs (like Chatbox bugs I mentioned, or that I see the Forum posts of the past 3 weeks, when I click "1xxx new posts after last visit"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rathma For This Useful Post:

Autowinto (08-10-2015)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Hey guys, you know those colored circles that come before the name of the anime? I suggest adding a new color for OVA's and other stuff

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette09 View Post

3. Have the citizen colors (Regular, Citizen and Veteran) as bronze, silver and gold. I suggested this before to Kobbeh, thinking that it would be cooler to have these three citizenship like below:

OS Regular to OS Regular
    OS Citizen to OS Citizen
    OS Veteran to OS Veteran
    While I love the rest of Dudette's suggestions, I disagree with only one. I would never have been motivated to write all those forum posts if the reward was a "silver" color name. It looks rather like the grey for newbie members. I love my purple/violet color.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mei14 For This Useful Post:

Dudette09 (08-15-2015), huknown (09-29-2015), Ragnarok (08-15-2015)

Been here six years! WHOO
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

What about an online calendar that has events or rather an event page? I know you guys as of late have been doing announcements for them and showing pictures, but maybe we could have new section devoted to that to plan hang outs/conventions, for members together. I know it's for outside related, but I think it would be a good contribution as we can all share off different events in the US, PH or anywhere else.

Understand this also would need some type of requirement, perhaps at least fifty (non spam posts) in the forums just to someone can waltz on in.

Also of concern and I know the ideas are there, but wouldn't a manga reading and anime download section put heat on OS? Not that it already may or may not have its own heat, but I don't think those would be wise decisions. I love this place too much and been here way too long.

The Potato without Style~ PotatoStyle's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Lightbulb

Maybe OS needs more people uploading anime.
    I watch most of my anime here but sometimes I have to go on to different sites to watch new anime.
    So maybe if more new anime got uploaded, it would attract more new members here?
    I'm sorry this reply is brief, but it's just an idea.
    "If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate ho​w precious they are?" -Hobbes

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default I dont think you will notice this but ill post this anyways

Uhm how about video quality selection?
    You know like from youtube you can select from normal to hd videos?

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Hello!
    I got some ideas. :)

1. I would love to see a simple OS app. It shouldn't be really fancy, just a good search and watch function. then you can add more features later on. The least you could do for now is make OS website responsive.

2. Quality Option for videos maybe.

Well that's my suggestions

Thanks! :) More power to OS!