What do you guys think of Microsoft Edge?
    Just a student

Upload
    295 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default What do you guys think of Microsoft Edge?

I recently got a new tablet/laptop thing with touch, so I updated it to Windows 10. I found, that since it isn't the most powerful of machines, it was lagging quite a bit in both chrome and firefox, however then I tried Edge. Some say that it is just an internet explorer clone, but IMO it's actually quite fast and well-designed. It really needs an adblock though.

What do you think about it?
    Kobowo Tokusentai -Wrighto, The Cyan Shadow

OS Vampire

Upload
    1795 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,900 Times in 362 Posts
    Blog Entries

I heard from random internet comments that Edge consumes more RAM than Chrome but apart from that I have no problems accessing most of my sites with edge.

I did notice, however, that it sometimes crashes on me whenever I visit my blackboard site for school stuff. Apart from that I agree that its fast.
    Guys I'm a retired staff member, don't come to me for username changes anymore xD its funny having to reply to personal messages 3 months old HAHAHA

Thanks

It works pretty fast, and it's not bad. However, that's all I can really say about it, besides that I'll still continue to use Chrome.

Thanks

It is very fast and the interface looks cool. I think it lacks functionality though. The lack of extensions so far is a little annoying (had to use a roundabout way of getting ad block) and there's a few really small things that chrome does that edge doesn't that makes it a little less useful (like being able to hold the back button to see a list of previous pages). Hopefully it will improve with some time.

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Microsoft - anything, as it stands now, is practically adware. Very invasive, coercive and non-consensual. Client needs and professional concerns are ignored completely. Once was, quality or top of the line products, are becoming laughable. That is a good list to start with. In a true free trade market with healthy competition and intelligent, critical thinking consumers this would not be the case. But, we have the opposite of this now.

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Its design is a much-needed improvement over Internet Explorer. I like the pen option to write on a webpage although it's pretty fancy and I probably wouldn't find good use for it given my laptop is non-touch and it's hard to write using a trackpad. I love the fact that you can open the full Downloads list on a side-pane while viewing a webpage, without opening a new "Downloads" tab like in Chrome or having to click "Show all downloads" from the small Downloads panel in Mozilla if you want to search for older downloads. It also has integrated flash player which Mozilla doesn't have. BUT there are still many improvements to be made because:
    1. When I scrolled down, sometimes the graphics became less defined and blurry even after I stop scrolling.
    2. It freezed occasionally.
    3. There is no extension/add-in capability so no adblock :'(

Switched to Chrome.

力丸

Upload
    307 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It's not that bad and not that great either but could be better than IE and need more improvement. I still use Chrome/Mozilla.