Change "Thanks" to "Like"
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,052
    Otaku Lvl
    4
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 378 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Change "Thanks" to "Like"

    Hello friends,

    This might seem like a silly suggestion and it doesn't really matter, but I think it would make much more sense if the 'Thanks' feature was renamed to 'Like' (kind of like Facebook and pretty much every comment feature on every site).

    For example, the thread about the meetup. It makes more sense to "Like" it than "Thank" it. This shouldn't be too hard to implement.

    How about it? If you LIKE this idea then THANK my post, lmao xD

  2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Augustus For This Useful Post:

    atregangera (08-15-2015), enneelme (08-14-2015), eweggetitus (08-12-2015), huknown (08-05-2015), Inquisitor (11-07-2015), issachar (08-05-2015), jillaimay (08-05-2015), lizzolowill (08-07-2015), Mei14 (11-07-2015), PotatoStyle (03-17-2016), trandtjohn (08-15-2015)

  3. #2
    Huknown bringer huknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    maybe somewhere
    Posts
    89
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 21 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Even better...just add a new like feature and leave the old thank one exactly where it is. A bit harder than just replacing the thank feature but makes much more sense and still leaves the original persons idea. the thank feature alone, which is by the way also a nice feature at times.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to huknown For This Useful Post:

    Augustus (08-05-2015)

  5. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,052
    Otaku Lvl
    4
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 378 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huknown View Post
    Even better...just add a new like feature and leave the old thank one exactly where it is. A bit harder than just replacing the thank feature but makes much more sense and still leaves the original persons idea. the thank feature alone, which is by the way also a nice feature at times.
    Actually I think it's as easy as just renaming the feature in the Admin control panel. If they have one of those, I mean. :P

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Augustus For This Useful Post:

    huknown (08-05-2015), Inquisitor (11-07-2015)

  7. #4
    ♥Panda Princess♥

    jillaimay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In Usui's heart♥
    Posts
    1,048
    Upload
    242 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 202 Times in 112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default

    I like your idea *clicks thanks* LOL xD seems sensible. Thanks for this. hahaha xD more like playing words and all. But in that case. I like the post with pictures of cosplayers and how they had fun. so nice XD
    Procrastinator by day. Insomiac by night ♥


  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jillaimay For This Useful Post:

    Augustus (08-05-2015)

  9. #5
    Huknown bringer huknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    maybe somewhere
    Posts
    89
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 21 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    Actually I think it's as easy as just renaming the feature in the Admin control panel. If they have one of those, I mean. :P

    thats sort of what i meant by "replacing" the like feature. sorry for lack of clear communication. Thats why i said it is probably harder to add the like feature and leave the thank feature where it is.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to huknown For This Useful Post:

    Augustus (08-05-2015)

  11. #6
    Just a student


    Autowinto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    514
    Upload
    295 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 138 Times in 65 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    Hello friends,

    This might seem like a silly suggestion and it doesn't really matter, but I think it would make much more sense if the 'Thanks' feature was renamed to 'Like' (kind of like Facebook and pretty much every comment feature on every site).

    For example, the thread about the meetup. It makes more sense to "Like" it than "Thank" it. This shouldn't be too hard to implement.

    How about it? If you LIKE this idea then THANK my post, lmao xD
    The thing is, that the thanks button, or like button. Call it what you will, was made as a thanks, to try and minimize the amount of people just writing, "thank you for this post" as a means to grinding away the posts and therefore violating the 3rd forum rule about posting with content.

    Though your suggestion might make sense to some, I gotta disagree with it. I just don't see the reason since it's such a small thing and frankly, I'd like to "thank" the guy who made the post, more than I would like to "like" the post itself.
    Kobowo Tokusentai -Wrighto, The Cyan Shadow

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Autowinto For This Useful Post:

    Dudette09 (08-05-2015)

  13. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,052
    Otaku Lvl
    4
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 378 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Autowinto View Post
    The thing is, that the thanks button, or like button. Call it what you will, was made as a thanks, to try and minimize the amount of people just writing, "thank you for this post" as a means to grinding away the posts and therefore violating the 3rd forum rule about posting with content.

    Though your suggestion might make sense to some, I gotta disagree with it. I just don't see the reason since it's such a small thing and frankly, I'd like to "thank" the guy who made the post, more than I would like to "like" the post itself.
    I agree that it's not a major thing, at all. It's mostly a matter of taste, but I think that "like" goes better with most posts than does "thanks".

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Augustus For This Useful Post:

    Inquisitor (11-07-2015)

  15. #8
    OS Regular Kaiosama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    106
    Otaku Lvl
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    It's better to have more communication, even if it's half spam, since this forum is not very active. Nobody replies to you.

  16. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,052
    Otaku Lvl
    4
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 378 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiosama View Post
    It's better to have more communication, even if it's half spam, since this forum is not very active. Nobody replies to you.
    What does that have to do with my thread? Or is it an example of "half-spam"? :p

  17. #10
    OS Regular Kaiosama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    106
    Otaku Lvl
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    What does that have to do with my thread? Or is it an example of "half-spam"? :p
    Well, the mods would rather you clicked the thank you button rather than reply properly.

  18. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,052
    Otaku Lvl
    4
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 378 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiosama View Post
    Well, the mods would rather you clicked the thank you button rather than reply properly.
    I disagree. People are more inclined to increase their post count and get a new username color. Thanks are seldomly given to replies in most threads. The thread starter gets most of the Thanks.

    Anyway, this is kind of a non-issue but I think the feature would be used more if the Thanks button was more visible and/or changed to a 'Like' feature instead.

  19. #12
    OS Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    529
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    Sure I like that! If it is added with the thanks feature, I'm afraid one of the features might seem irrelevant? Because I feel like they could be used interchangeably. But if we remove the thanks feature we'd remove the "thanked xx times" part under the avatar I assume?

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mei14 For This Useful Post:

    Augustus (11-07-2015)

  21. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,052
    Otaku Lvl
    4
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 378 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mei14 View Post
    Sure I like that! If it is added with the thanks feature, I'm afraid one of the features might seem irrelevant? Because I feel like they could be used interchangeably. But if we remove the thanks feature we'd remove the "thanked xx times" part under the avatar I assume?
    My suggestion is that Thanks should be replaced with Like. And the "Thanked XX Times in YY Posts" could be changed to just "Likes Received" or a popularity bar of some sort, and a corresponding "Likes Given".

  22. #14
    OS Regular Tiotsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Fukuoka
    Posts
    169
    Otaku Lvl
    5
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    And now we get Cages everywhere. For some reason. But I'm not pointing at anyone in particular.

    I like the old 'Thank you', but I don't have anything against 'Like'. It just sounds facebookish, and we never say 'Thank you' enough (Yes I know... 'You Don't Say' '-')

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiotsh For This Useful Post:

    Augustus (06-16-2016)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •