Change "Thanks" to "Like"
    Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Change "Thanks" to "Like"

Hello friends,

This might seem like a silly suggestion and it doesn't really matter, but I think it would make much more sense if the 'Thanks' feature was renamed to 'Like' (kind of like Facebook and pretty much every comment feature on every site).

For example, the thread about the meetup. It makes more sense to "Like" it than "Thank" it. This shouldn't be too hard to implement.

How about it? If you LIKE this idea then THANK my post, lmao xD

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Augustus For This Useful Post:

atregangera (08-15-2015), enneelme (08-14-2015), eweggetitus (08-12-2015), huknown (08-05-2015), Inquisitor (11-07-2015), issachar (08-05-2015), jillaimay (08-05-2015), lizzolowill (08-07-2015), Mei14 (11-07-2015), PotatoStyle (03-17-2016), trandtjohn (08-15-2015)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Even better...just add a new like feature and leave the old thank one exactly where it is. A bit harder than just replacing the thank feature but makes much more sense and still leaves the original persons idea. the thank feature alone, which is by the way also a nice feature at times.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to huknown For This Useful Post:

Augustus (08-05-2015)

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by huknown View Post
    Even better...just add a new like feature and leave the old thank one exactly where it is. A bit harder than just replacing the thank feature but makes much more sense and still leaves the original persons idea. the thank feature alone, which is by the way also a nice feature at times.
    Actually I think it's as easy as just renaming the feature in the Admin control panel. If they have one of those, I mean. :P

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Augustus For This Useful Post:

huknown (08-05-2015), Inquisitor (11-07-2015)

♥Panda Princess♥

Upload
    242 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I like your idea *clicks thanks* LOL xD seems sensible. Thanks for this. hahaha xD more like playing words and all. But in that case. I like the post with pictures of cosplayers and how they had fun. so nice XD
    Procrastinator by day. Insomiac by night ♥

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jillaimay For This Useful Post:

Augustus (08-05-2015)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    Actually I think it's as easy as just renaming the feature in the Admin control panel. If they have one of those, I mean. :P

thats sort of what i meant by "replacing" the like feature. sorry for lack of clear communication. Thats why i said it is probably harder to add the like feature and leave the thank feature where it is.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to huknown For This Useful Post:

Augustus (08-05-2015)

Just a student

Upload
    295 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Hello friends,

This might seem like a silly suggestion and it doesn't really matter, but I think it would make much more sense if the 'Thanks' feature was renamed to 'Like' (kind of like Facebook and pretty much every comment feature on every site).

For example, the thread about the meetup. It makes more sense to "Like" it than "Thank" it. This shouldn't be too hard to implement.

How about it? If you LIKE this idea then THANK my post, lmao xD
    The thing is, that the thanks button, or like button. Call it what you will, was made as a thanks, to try and minimize the amount of people just writing, "thank you for this post" as a means to grinding away the posts and therefore violating the 3rd forum rule about posting with content.

Though your suggestion might make sense to some, I gotta disagree with it. I just don't see the reason since it's such a small thing and frankly, I'd like to "thank" the guy who made the post, more than I would like to "like" the post itself.
    Kobowo Tokusentai -Wrighto, The Cyan Shadow

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Autowinto For This Useful Post:

Dudette09 (08-05-2015)

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Autowinto View Post
    The thing is, that the thanks button, or like button. Call it what you will, was made as a thanks, to try and minimize the amount of people just writing, "thank you for this post" as a means to grinding away the posts and therefore violating the 3rd forum rule about posting with content.

Though your suggestion might make sense to some, I gotta disagree with it. I just don't see the reason since it's such a small thing and frankly, I'd like to "thank" the guy who made the post, more than I would like to "like" the post itself.
    I agree that it's not a major thing, at all. It's mostly a matter of taste, but I think that "like" goes better with most posts than does "thanks".

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Augustus For This Useful Post:

Inquisitor (11-07-2015)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It's better to have more communication, even if it's half spam, since this forum is not very active. Nobody replies to you.

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiosama View Post
    It's better to have more communication, even if it's half spam, since this forum is not very active. Nobody replies to you.
    What does that have to do with my thread? Or is it an example of "half-spam"? :p

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

What does that have to do with my thread? Or is it an example of "half-spam"? :p
    Well, the mods would rather you clicked the thank you button rather than reply properly.

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiosama View Post
    Well, the mods would rather you clicked the thank you button rather than reply properly.
    I disagree. People are more inclined to increase their post count and get a new username color. Thanks are seldomly given to replies in most threads. The thread starter gets most of the Thanks.

Anyway, this is kind of a non-issue but I think the feature would be used more if the Thanks button was more visible and/or changed to a 'Like' feature instead.

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Sure I like that! If it is added with the thanks feature, I'm afraid one of the features might seem irrelevant? Because I feel like they could be used interchangeably. But if we remove the thanks feature we'd remove the "thanked xx times" part under the avatar I assume?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mei14 For This Useful Post:

Augustus (11-07-2015)

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mei14 View Post
    Sure I like that! If it is added with the thanks feature, I'm afraid one of the features might seem irrelevant? Because I feel like they could be used interchangeably. But if we remove the thanks feature we'd remove the "thanked xx times" part under the avatar I assume?
    My suggestion is that Thanks should be replaced with Like. And the "Thanked XX Times in YY Posts" could be changed to just "Likes Received" or a popularity bar of some sort, and a corresponding "Likes Given".

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

And now we get Cages everywhere. For some reason. But I'm not pointing at anyone in particular.

I like the old 'Thank you', but I don't have anything against 'Like'. It just sounds facebookish, and we never say 'Thank you' enough (Yes I know... 'You Don't Say' '-')

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiotsh For This Useful Post:

Augustus (06-16-2016)