The End of the Beginning
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default The End of the Beginning

Prologue

I knew that this day was coming . . . Everyone had prepared me for this day . . .
    I have been training and been battling for this day . . . We had the perfect plan . . .
    But I never expected this . . . This was not what we had planned . . .
    This was not suppose to happen . . . This was never meant to be the end . . .

Chapter 1: The Stranger - Coming soon

Please leave a comment or review in the review section:

http://otaku-streamers.com/community...-the-Beginning
    Last edited by zoeyfreeze; 02-22-2015 at 10:07 AM.

2. The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to zoeyfreeze For This Useful Post:

aczkajesu (07-20-2015), afillanivan (07-17-2015), anmassaythe (07-21-2015), aviegasclin (06-02-2015), brttbret (07-31-2015), celebritybr (07-06-2015), csitacakeni (07-10-2015), eccabemaso (07-29-2015), edissingern (07-13-2015), eeeneddy (07-25-2015), emosthenepa (07-16-2015), enhupeweldo (07-20-2015), iasumimayol (07-20-2015), icoatdiscou (07-03-2015), illispiecase (07-12-2015), ionpanfilpr (07-10-2015), nfashionfas (07-18-2015), njupinyolo (07-02-2015), ocoatsnorth (07-07-2015), opromgorgeo (07-09-2015), royterbill (07-27-2015), sgragastommy (07-10-2015), shoolsarro (07-10-2015), sknudtsoncl (07-21-2015), trnixtadwa (07-15-2015), uthsuzii (07-01-2015), wbuywatch (07-25-2015), wsatinweddi (07-21-2015), yykuszlykst (07-07-2015)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Chapter 1: The Stranger

It is a few days before my 17th Birthday and everyone keeps asking me what I want for my birthday, and I just keep
    on repeating 'what anyone normal teenager would want', but in reality I just want to know about my parents, I want
    to be out of these people's house, but most importantly I want to have an Adventure and find love.

The people around here don't understand, they think and live their lives so carefully and safe as if to be live was unsafe.
    They forget life isn't guaranteed. I think they don't want to know what else is out there, the world is so big and I'm sure
    there are a lot of adventure and risks to take and memories to make.

"Sister, sister!" shout two girls.

"Lacey, Claire. We all that I am not your sister, your parents are just looking after me as a favor." I state calmly.

"Come on Odette we have grown up together since we were all small" cries Lacey

"Now Odette do you want to hear the exciting news we have for you or not?" Demands Claire with excitement very clear in her voice.

I sigh and take a deep breath.

"Claire, Lacey and Odette! Is it not time for you girls to be on your way to school?" shouts Mr Parks.

I am very grateful that Mr parks interrupted our conversation, but I know that Lacey and Claire would not give up so easily,
    they would find a way to give me whatever gossip they had and found interesting.

For me school is my escape, I have really great grades but I never pay attention because it is my one place of peace and
    quiet. Suddenly my escape changed, something had all the girls in an uproar and the guys all tense. I really couldn't care
    less about what is was, I just wanted it to stop because my quiet was gone and I wanted it back.

At Lunch Claire and Lacey come running up to me to tell their 'news' from this morning. I know that I can't avoid it but I really wanted to.

"Odette, now can we tell you the news we've got and now there is more to it!" shouts Claire.

I wait for them to settle down before I speak. "Claire, Lacey. We are in a public place and inside a building,
    there is no need to shout so please talk normally. Besides we all know that your 'news' is gossip and I
    never find any of it interesting." I state clearly.

Both Lacey's and Claire's faces drop and we sit in silence for the rest of lunch. As I walk to my after lunch class,
    I realize just how badly I hurt their feeling, so in my head I start to work out how I am going to apologize to them.
    When I suddenly walk into someone.

"I am so sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I apologize quickly.

As I look up, see the most amazing blue eyes, but as I focus the rest of the face becomes clear and i realize
    that I don't know who he is.

"I'm sorry, I guess I shouldn't just stand in the middle of nowhere, but if I walk by myself to class I'll never
    get to or through the door." he says. He never told me his name, plus he never asked me for mine. We first
    talked about classed, it turns out that we have the same subjects and all at the same time slot and classrooms.
    But everything else became like I was being interrogated, he refused to answer any of my question, so I decide
    to give him a nickname 'the stranger'. He is a really sweet guy, he offered to walk me home to make up for me
    being his barrier to classes. It got me thinking about how I still had to apologize to Claire and Lacey.

"Is it okay if two of my friends join us? They are sort of like my sisters." I ask carefully.

He looks at me with a smile on his mouth but disappoint clear in his sparkling blue eyes.

"Yes, they may join us. I really don't mind. I think it will make their day." 'the stranger' calmly states with a
    hint of his disappointment in his voice. We slowly walk in silence towards Claire and Lacey, as we approach
    them, I see their eyes pop out of their heads.

"Can you please wait her so that i can just explain it to them?" I ask him shyly, very much to my own surprise.
    He just nods his head. I walk quickly towards them, they walked towards me and we meet half way.

"Claire, Lacey. I am so sorry and to make it up to I asked the new guy if you can join us, because he offered to
    walk me home." I whisper very quickly. As we turn around to call him to come and join us, I see he already on his way.

The whole home I walked behind them, just watching. He looked so relaxed and carefree talking with them. He
    fitted in, in this town, where as I didn't. Maybe that is why I don't have friends, why every person who talks to is
    tense or maybe he knows what everyone else know, or maybe because I am a freak. That must be why he refused
    to answer any of my questions. When I realize this, it felt like my heart broke. I don't know why, I mean I just met
    him, how could I possibly be in love with him. Sure he is very cute and his eyes are so deep I could see into his
    soul, but he just moved here, I barely know him. But I do know that I never wanted o see disappointment in his eyes again.

"Odette! Are you there?" shouts Lacey waving her hands in front of my face. I snap back to reality really
    fast and the fall back to reality was very hard.

"Odette, now don't you wish that you had head our "Gossip earlier" cries Claire

"Although it didn't look like she needed to, she met him and even got him to walk home with us in just
    half a day." says Lacey remembering what Odette had said at lunch.

"Claire, Lacey can you guys ever forgive me for what I said, I didn't mean it the way it came out, it
    was just a weird day?" I say apologetically. Just them Mr Parks walking in, Claire and Lacey run up
    to their father and give him a big hug. I see this as my opportunity to escape to my room before
    Mrs Parks gets home and finishes cooking Mr Parks' dinner. Then there will be so many question
    directed at me that I would not be able to dodge.

My room is very impersonal due to the fact that as a little girl, I always believed that my parents
    would come and fetch me and take me home but at the age of 15 that dream was shattered when
    I was told the truth, that my parents were dead. Every time I asked how, no one would talk about it.
    So my room just remained impersonal, because I always hoped that someone would come and
    take me away from this place. The people that live in this town are just like this town: dull,
    boring, uninteresting and no fun. Even the colours the town use are like that; just as depressing as
    the wide open fields. The only place that seems to hold whatever color it wants, whatever life it
    wants and the only interest for me is the Forrest that runs behind the building complex and the
    school, it use to be fun exploring it but I've been banned by Mr and Mrs Parks.I come out of my
    thoughts just in time to hear a knock on my door and I know it is supper-time, which means time
    for questions for me.

"Girls it's time for you to go to bed. You all have a busy day tomorrow, helping our new neighbors
    unpack and settle in." demands Mrs Parks.

I walk to my room in silence and wonder how I missed the fact that we had people moving in next door.
    As I climb into bed I see that our new neighbors Heave kids, because the room opposite my window
    has curtains up and the lights are on.

Chapter 2 : A Roof with a View coming Soon
    Last edited by zoeyfreeze; 02-23-2015 at 02:00 AM.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zoeyfreeze For This Useful Post:

afillanivan (07-17-2015), celebritybr (07-06-2015), eccabemaso (07-29-2015), eeeneddy (07-25-2015), enhupeweldo (07-20-2015), royterbill (07-27-2015)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Chapter 2: A Roof with A View
    I know that it must very early in the morning, but I've been lying in my bed since Mrs Parks told us to go to bed, but for some reason I just can’t sleep. I heard the twins whispering in Claire’s room until just before Mrs Parks went to bed at 22:30, and then I heard Mr Parks lock up and go to bed at 23:00. Since then I have just been listening to the silence.

My bed looks out of my window into one our ‘New Neighbors’ bedroom, I can see a light on in the room so I know that I am not the only person still awake. I figured that maybe they would like to finish unpacking before Claire and Lacey get there tomorrow to ‘help’. Their help is more destructive than helpful.

I figures because everyone is asleep that I can go up to the roof. The town house complex is quite big, there are four townhouses around a courtyard, so the roofs of each townhouse are almost connected and there are 8 courtyards in total. So from one roof top to another I can get a different view and maybe I’ll get a different view on the whole situation with ‘the stranger’.

I walk onto our rooftop and stop to think about how beautiful it is and to think that I designed it. It is the only thing that I have personalized because I’m the only one who goes up onto the roof, so I've always felt that it is truly mine.

I walk on over to the bench that I have set up on the roof and see that I have left my sketch pad and pencil there. “So that’s where I left you” I say quietly to myself. Sketching is something that I usually do when I can’t sleep, but tonight I am just going to lie on the bench and watch the stars. I was starting to fall asleep when I hear voices.

“Wow, this roof looks absolutely amazing! I never thought I would see something like this in this town, but then again I did see something of beauty elsewhere.” a familiar voice says.

I stay low so that no one can see me, but I hear multiple footsteps heading towards me, so I duck down under the bench where no one will be able to see me.

“Just remember you job is to find her, keep her safe and train her until that day comes. She is our only hope and hopefully her parents spirit, abilities, fearlessness, courage and strength passed down to her, because her brothers and sisters are all dead now because of that man and because of their lack!” says an older man’s voice with anger very clear in his voice.

“Her parents were more than that, I know the history and all the stories. That person cannot be called a man he is more of a creature, a monster. Besides her brothers and sisters were strong and powerful, I trained under their supervision. They knew their parents’ wishes and that was that their baby sister would never have to learn how to fight, so shouldn't we obey those wishes.” Pleas the familiar voice.

“We have already had this argument and considering the fact where we are, I won the argument and that the elders agree with me so now your job is to figure out which one of the three it is based on the information her brothers and sisters have given you. Then you need to get close to her, tell her about her destiny and train her. If he gets to her first and before she is properly trained, we might as well kill her ourselves.” says the older male with such a series tones that it makes me scared.

“How am I supposed to find her? This town may be small but there are quite a lot of girls about her age, trust me I know. It would be easier if we had a little more information!” cries the familiar which I now realize is ‘the stranger’.
    “There is a reason why we moved to this building complex. I was able to find out where her parents sent her. It’s one of the girls’ next door.” Says the older male with a smug tone of voice.

I sneak back into the house, I un myself a bath while I try and process everything I just heard on the roof. I know that I should be paying more attention to what I am doing, especially considering that everyone else in the house will be waking up, plus I still have school.

“Girls, wake up, you need to get ready for school. Don’t forget that you are helping the neighbors today!”Shouts Mrs Parks. Mrs Parks usually goes to work before her daughters are awake, so it is nice to see that she is here to wake us up, which means she is making breakfast for us.

I hurry up and go downstairs to eat breakfast, I want to get to school early, I don’t want to walk with Claire and Lacey, because they will just mess up my thoughts and I don’t want to see ‘the stranger’ because he will just confuse me more, because my feelings and thought are at a disagreement

I almost reach school when my thoughts start clicking into to place. I can’t believe how long it took me to see this; Lacey, Claire and I are the only children in our block, therefore it must be one of us; and I am the only one who doesn't know their parents or their family where as Claire and Lacey are sisters and their parents are Mr and Mrs Parks. So that leaves me, which means I am the person that they are looking for.

I suddenly no longer want to go to school, however I was already here. I decided that I will stay at school but I was going back to routine where I ignore everyone and if I see him I would ignore him more than everyone else today, I was not going to let him know that I overheard his conversation last night and that it is me he is looking for. I know what I wanted, everything that I wanted, but I don’t want to fight, I don’t want to cause a war and I most certainly don’t want to die.

“Hello, we are here to help unpack! Is anyone home?”Both Claire and Lacey shout. The stranger opens the door, both Lacey and Claire make a move to enter the house when he stops them.

“Sorry, but we no longer need any help, we finished unpacking this morning. However, maybe you can tell me where is the best place to get something to eat around here?” he says with a grin spreading on his face.

I just smile, because I know the real reason why they don’t want anyone in their house, they have weapons hidden inside along with other stuff. Claire and Lacey just remain clueless about everything that is going on as they name their favorite restaurants and food stores. We all turn around to walk home, when Lacey and Claire do their usually stunt “Would you and your family like to join us for supper tonight?” asks Lacey.

“Your parents will have a problem with that if they have uninvited guest just show up for dinner and they don’t know.” he states calmly.

“So here is an idea, we run back to the house well you and Odette wait here. We will ask our mom and get back to you.” Shouts Claire as she and Lacey run towards our house. I just stand where I was, awestruck that Lacey and Claire just leaving here with him.

“I just realized that I was very rude yesterday. I now know all your names but you don’t know mine” says ‘the stranger” with a chuckle. I just nod, I knew that I would have to say something to him sooner or later, but I was going to remain silent for as long as possible. Plus so far today I have been very dis-respondent to everyone around and it started to get on their nerves.

“My name is Skye, spelt with a YE and not an I.” he states calmly “your rooftop looks amazing by the way! Who did it like that?” a hint of surprise in his voice.

“We are not allowed to go onto the roof, so I don’t know who could have done what up there. Is your real name Skye or are you just trying to avoid giving me your real name?” I ask shyly as I don’t want him to figure out what I heard. Skye just smiles at me, trying so hard not to laugh at me.

“Clearly someone doesn't like obeying rules, as it must be someone from your house who did it.” Skye chuckles “and yes Skye is my real name, I was named after a very clear blue sky that I was born under. I have no idea why I just told you that!” Skye says as his face turns red.

Skye and I stop out the front door to the Parks place, neither of us really wanting to enter or depart, but both of us had different reasons. Just then Claire bursts through the front door.

“Guess what?” she shouts “Our parents have agreed that you and your family are more than welcome to join us for dinner tonight!” says Both Claire and Lacey with excitement clear on their faces.
    Last edited by zoeyfreeze; 03-01-2015 at 11:23 AM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zoeyfreeze For This Useful Post:

afillanivan (07-17-2015), celebritybr (07-06-2015), eccabemaso (07-29-2015), eeeneddy (07-25-2015), enhupeweldo (07-20-2015), royterbill (07-27-2015)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Chapter 3: Secret Meeting?

“Well, I bet they will be surprised to hear that. What time must we come around?”Skye asks trying his hardest to remain polite. I could see the devilish smiles on Claire and Lacey’s faces and just know that they were having very evil thoughts.

“You know you could just stay here and let us look after you and Odette can run over to your house and tell your parents to come over at 19:00” they both say together trying not to laugh.

“This poor guy has no idea what he is getting himself into with these two.” I say to myself quietly while I shake my head at them.

“So how about it?” Claire asks

“That sounds like a plan to me!” says Lacey.

“I think Skye still has some stuff to do before supper.” I calmly state giving Skye a way out of what they are planning.

“You know what, Odette, you’re right I do still have some stuff to do at home, plus I think I could use a shower before supper so I will see you all at 19:00.” States Skye calmly.

“Boy what I wouldn’t give to be a fly on the wall in that shower. What do you say Lacey?” chuckles Claire

“I would give anything to be that fly. What about you Odette?” chuckles Lacey.

When I don’t answer them straight away, they both stop staring at Skye’s backside and instead stare at me. I just remain silent and look at them, then I turn and walk inside and go to my room.

In my mind 19:00 came around very quick but Lacey and Claire kept saying that it was coming slowly yet our guests arrive at 19:00 sharp. I could hear the chatter downstairs but I really didn’t want to be a part of it, to be honest I didn’t even want to be a part of this dinner or evening.
    I really just wanted to get Skye alone without him knowing that I heard his conversation with his father and without him finding out who I am, but I want to hear more about my parents and my family. I know I want answer and that was my wish for my birthday. My biggest problem is if the trade is worth it.

“Odette, you need to get down her! You are being very rude to your family and to our guess! You get down here in 5 minutes or you will be in big trouble.” yells Mrs Parks. I slowly get up off my bed. I stop by my mirror to make sure I am presentable and make my way o the door, turn off my light, close my door and head downstairs. As I reach the bottom of the stairs I look around the room which I am about to enter, tying to mentally prepare myself for what is going to happen.

“Hello Odette, my name Mr John Black, I am Skye’s father.” Says Mr Black with barely a smile on his face.

“So where is Mrs Black, seeing as she is not here with us? Is she perhaps working late?” asks Mrs Parks. I could see the look on Mr Black’s face and the sadness in his eyes; I know his answer before he says anything.

“Sadly, there is no Mrs Black; there hasn't been one for a long time. States Mr Black with a bit of sadness in his voice. Both Claire and Lacey are now whispering to each other and by now I can see where this topic is heading and quickly and calmly change it “Claire, Lacey why don’t you go and see if there is anything to help mother with? I’m sure she would like that.”

Right on cue Mrs Parks shouts for them to come and help her in the kitchen. Mr Black stares at first I think that maybe it was gratitude but then I realize that it is as if he has discovered my secret and that I am the answer to his prayers, the one he has been looking for and I can barely swallow anymore.

Supper was a very odd affair this evening, I guess no one knew what to expect. Claire and Lacey were no longer their bubbly selves; Mr and Mrs Parks tried to keep the conversation going with Mr Black but the mood is different. Skye just sat there eating his food quietly which is what I usually do but today I was not hungry, which of got Mrs Parks debating about if I was sick and need to lie down. Once Mr Black and Skye’s visit was over, which came surprisingly quick, straight after dinner was over; I helped Mrs Parks clean up. After that I asked them if I could go for a walk around the complex by myself as maybe all I need fresh air to feel better.

I grabbed my jacket off the back of the couch, put it on and walk out the front door. I put my pockets to keep them warm when I feel something in my one pocket. I round the corner and pull out whatever it is. To my surprise it is a letter that has been folded up into a small bundle and written in an elegant handwriting. Before I read the letter, I glance at the bottom of the letter to see who it is from

I waited for Mr and Mrs Parks to go to bed as Claire and Lacey were already asleep. After what felt like forever was only a few hours, Mr Parks checks that everything is locked before heading to bed with Mrs Parks. I wait for few minutes more before I sneak out of bed and dress warmly before I try and sneak out onto the roof.

I just get out on the roof before I hear Mr and Mrs Parks toilet flush, my heart stops while I wait to hear more noises from inside the house. After I am convinced that the person is back asleep, I start making my way to the bench. I start looking for my sketch pad and pencil as I am early to this secret meeting, but I just couldn't find them. I was just about ready to chicken out of the meeting as I was falling asleep and getting cold when I hear footsteps.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zoeyfreeze For This Useful Post:

afillanivan (07-17-2015), celebritybr (07-06-2015), eccabemaso (07-29-2015), eeeneddy (07-25-2015), opromgorgeo (07-09-2015), royterbill (07-27-2015)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Chapter 4: Secrets

A hand covers my mouth so fast just as I was about to scream. “I am so sorry if I scared you, but please keep quiet. It’s my father, he is looking for me.” Someone whispers in my ear. All I can do is nod my head and hope that the person would remove their hand; the closeness of their body was making my heart speed up and skipping beats all at the same time. I turn around after the hand has been removed to discover it is Sky behind me. We just stare at each other for the longest time, until we hear the footsteps disappear inside. We give it a couple more minutes before we speak.

“I am truly sorry for scaring you, however I was afraid that you were going to call out thinking it was me.” Skye whispers quickly. I just sit on the bench quietly trying to get my heart rate and breathing under control.

“Hello, Odette, Are you in there? Are you alright?” Skye asks with concern clear in his voice and face. I blink a few times to clear my head and to keep the tears from my eyes before I answer him, as my eyes clear I see him moving closer to me.

“Skye, I am okay, I’m fine really, please don’t worry about me. Why is your father looking for you?” I ask. Skye chuckles then puts his hand over his mouth. “What is it about you that makes me so comfortable around, so much so that I am truly myself?”

“I don’t know what it is; besides it seems to only be you who is affected.” I shyly state. We both just sit there, very still and very quiet, for the longest time. “I guess I’m off to bed before everyone inside wakes up.” I state calmly just before sunrise and as I get up to make my way to the access door.

“Well I guess I was right about the breaking of the rules part through. Let me walk you to the entrance.” Skye says jokingly as if if he is talking to a lifelong friend.

I just get into bed when Mrs Parks leaves her bedroom and starts calling everyone to get up and get dressed. I climb out of bed and get ready for school. I make it down the stairs but just as I am about to sit down to eat breakfast when everything goes black.

When I come through, I discover that I am in bed and I can hear Mr Parks talking to the family doctor at my bedroom door. They are whispering so I can’t hear much of what they are saying, but I start trying to move but I am sore all over and stiff. I look around to see if there is anyone else is nearby, but there is no one and Mr Parks and the doctor left. It is quite a while before I hear movement outside my bedroom. I then hear a nervous knock on my door before it is opened.

“Odette, Are you awake?” Claire whispers

I nod my head and try to sit up when both Claire and Lacey rush to my side, at first I think they are going to help me sit up but instead they push me back on. “Odette, the doctor told dad that you must move an inch. You hit your head very hard when you collapsed. Is there something that you want?” Lacey asks me calmly. It scares me when Lacey is calm because then I know that something is seriously wrong.

“We will get you something to eat and drink. Are you sure you are going to be okay?” they both ask with concern clear on their face.

To be honest I was grateful that they left; I know that they care about me and everything but they kept on stopping me every time I tried to move and I really need the bathroom. So I was really happy that they left so that I could at least get up and go to the bathroom. I re-enter my room happy but I quickly discover that my happiness is short lived as Mr and Mrs Parks, Claire and Lacey are all glaring back at me. I am clearly in trouble.

After all the shouting and screaming and tears and explaining. We were all left drained. Everyone left me to eat and drink and take my medicine the doctor gave me. We all decide to go to bed. I have been warned that I am not allowed to go anywhere else besides the bathroom and my bedroom; I have been booked off for the rest of the week. The medicine is so strong that I find it difficult to stay awake.

I wake up in the middle of the night sue to throat being so dry and the fact that I need the bathroom again. I walk out of my room and go to bathroom quickly, then head for the stairs to get something to drink only to find the door to the stairwell locked. I hear a noise, I try to see what it is in the darkness but I don’t see anything, I head back to the bathroom to get some water when I hear a noise again, I look around again but I don’t see anything. I rush back to my room.

I just get comfortable in bed when I hear the noise again, this time I bolt up-right and turn on my bedside lamp as the noise is louder, but when the light comes on I get a big surprise.

“I am so sorry if I scared you, really didn’t mean to. I just needed to know that you were okay!” Skye whispers. I just stare at him; I just can’t believe that he just wanted to know how I am doing when he barely knows me. When the words just pour out of my mouth before I can stop them.

“Why do you even care about me? I am a nobody! You barely know me, no one ever really knows me.” I just about shout them at him

“I am truly sorry, maybe it would be best if I came over after school today, but my dad would have been upset with me so I just figured . . .” he trails off with sadness in his voice and pain in his eyes. I grab his arm, too frightened to let go, but also too scared to look at his face. “Please stay; I really don’t want you to go. I’m sorry about what I said, I didn’t mean to be rude, and I swear I didn’t mean it.” We glance at each for a few minutes before Skye inquires “Have you been having nightmares?” I just nod my head; I have already admitted more or less how I feel about him. He nods his head and sits down next to me on the bed.

“I will spend the night here by your side but leave early in the morning before either of us gets into trouble.” He calmly hinted. I nod my head in agreement.

I stir from the best sleep I have had in years, only to remember why it was just me in my bed when I hear someone knocking on my door.

“You may come in” I say politely. It is Mr and Mrs Parks; both have concern written all over their face.

“Doctor Atkins will be coming to see if you are okay?” States Mrs Parks in a motherly voice. “He will be coming by later today, just to check up on you! He has booked you off of school for the rest of the week.” Adds Mr Parks with a stern look on his face. Just then Claire and Lacey rush into my room.

“Mommy, there is someone here to see how Odette is doing; it is okay for him to come up?”Lacey is speaking in such a rush and Claire is just nodding her head in agreement to what Lacey is says that it makes me think of a doggie on a dashboard.

“Who is it? And why are they here so early?” Mrs Parks demands

“It’s Skye and his father. Apparently Mr Black is taking Skye somewhere today and Skye wants to see how Odette is doing before they go.” Says Claire

“Fine, let him in but let’s give them some privacy” says Mrs Parks “Which means no eavesdropping” she glares at Claire and Lacey.

They both dash out of my room to get Skye and show him where my room is but little do they know he knows where it is. Mr and Mrs Parks both kiss me on the forehead and say goodbye. Skye walks into my room very slowly and thanks Claire and Lacey for showing him the way.

“I’m sorry if I am imposing I just happened to notice that you weren’t at school yesterday and I wanted to find out if everything is okay and then your sisters told me you can’t get out of bed, so I was worried.” Skye says loud enough so that Claire and Lacey to hear but he winks at me and indicts that I must remain quiet.

“Claire, Lacey! Get down here right now!” I hear Mrs Parks yell and then we hear them running towards and down the stairs.

“Sorry that I spoke so loudly but I figured they were listening and were going to report what they heard to your mom.” Skye Chuckles “I hope you slept well while I was gone” Skye says more relaxed.

“Its fine, I don’t mind that you did that sometimes they are too curious for their own good. Besides imagine what they would do if they knew you were here last night” I chuckle and then start coughing. Skye moves closer to my bed but I hold up my hand. “You are most probably right about them reporting back to m mom, it looks like they are trying to get us together. Thank you for staying over last night by the way, it was the best sleep I have had in a while but maybe I shouldn’t have confessed that.” I say as my cheeks flush red. I look up to see Skye reaction but all I see is a smile spread across his face and a little pink in his cheeks and I can’t help but blush more.

“I need to confess something to you but I have a feeling that we are going to be interrupted in a few seconds, so I’ll see you later if you want” Skye whispers in my ear and stars to make his way to the door just before he is about to open the door he turns back to look at me. I nod my head in agreement. He reaches for the door handle and opens the door just as Claire and Lacey were about to knock.

“Opps. Sorry to disturb but our mom and your dad say that it is time to get going otherwise we are all going to be late for our various things.”Claire states trying her hardest to sound bossy.

I hear them all leaving through the front door and I start to drift off to sleep again.
    Last edited by zoeyfreeze; 06-02-2015 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Had more to add to the chapter

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zoeyfreeze For This Useful Post:

celebritybr (07-06-2015), eccabemaso (07-29-2015), njupinyolo (07-02-2015), royterbill (07-27-2015)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Chapter 5: Confessions

I was busy drawing in one of my sketch books when Doctor Atkins arrives earlier then I was expecting him to but he never told what was wrong with me and I found it disturbing as no one has mentioned it.

I continued sketching after the Doctor left, my sketch lead me to thinking about what Skye had o say to me and I was thinking about whether or not to tell Skye that I overheard his conversation with his dad the first night they were on the roof and that I am the person they are looking for, however. I am sure that I don’t want to fight but then my latest nightmare flashes into my mind and this nightmare has been reoccurring. I was so lost in thought that when I heard a loud noise I got such a fright that I jump out of bed only to discover that when I look up Skye standing in my doorway in a pair of jeans and a black v-neck shirt that you can see a hint of muscles, his hair was all messing and looked as if he has just woken up. I am so taken back by how he looks that I am left breathless literally as Skye has to remind me to breathe.

“Odette are you okay? Must I get your doctor again?” asks Skye

“Yeah, I’m fine, you just scared me and I forgot to breathe that’s all, I will okay.” I say shyly.

“How does one forget to breathe when breathing comes naturally?” Skye asks with a chuckle

I just look at him, like this he seems so much like a normal teenage kid, instead of a kid on a mission to save people’s lives; he doesn’t look like an adult trapped in a teenage boy’s body. I can’t help but smile at him.

“I’ll be right back, you must be starving so let me get you something to eat and drink.” He states as he moves backwards out of my doorframe. While he is gone I quickly hide my sketch pad away as I don’t want him to see what I was drawing.

“Since you have now fed me and given me something to drink, why aren’t you in school?” I ask Skye, my curiosity getting the better of me.

“While my dad and I had business to take of care but in our old town and to be honest you weren’t at school so to me what’s the point of being there then.”Skye says with his voice full of conviction.

“Oh, I never expected to hear that from anyone. I think you are the only person who would miss me.” I say shyly, there was just something about Skye that make me shy and nervous but also want to tell the truth.

He Chuckles and answers “I find that hard to believe. I may not actually know much about you but I feel like I do. Besides you are the only person I have ever really felt truly alive with.”

“Skye, I have something I need to confess to you but I’m afraid that it might change how you could feel about me which I don’t know and it doesn’t change how I feel about you. I just hope you can understand.” I speak as calmly and clear as I am able.

“Then let me go first, but it will have to be tonight as it sounds like someone is here, so I should go before there is trouble.” Utters Skye before he flees from the room.

It was the whole family home. Mrs Parks decided that we would have a picnic in my room that night for dinner so that I could use my energy to rest and get healthy. The food was simple but some of my favorites and we all laughed and joked around.

“So Odette have you decided on what you want to do for your birthday it is only 5 weeks away?” asks Mrs Parks.

“I haven’t really given it much thought to be honest, but I know for a fact that I don’t want a surprise party Claire and Lacey. I will think about this week while I am off from school Mrs Parks.” I state firmly.

I lie in bed and mentally prepare myself for what I am about to say to Skye when he comes over, I figure he is waiting for everyone else to be asleep before he comes but everyone has been asleep for awhile already. I look out my window and see Skye waving at me and signalling me to open my window. I open my window and I am about to lean out to hear what he has to same when he motions for me to move away from the window. Next thing I remember seeing is Skye gliding though my window and landing softly on my floor. I am surprise by just how nimble he is.

“Sorry but my dad is standing guard outside my bedroom so I could sneak in from the roof and he won’t be checking in on my room as he would not have noticed or figured out that I would go through an open window. But I had to see, I need to tell you something but I also want to keep my promise to you” whispers Skye.

“It’s okay, as long as you aren’t hurt and won’t get into trouble.” I whisper back with a smile on my face. I never expected to find someone who makes me this happy.

“Odette, look I know you never agreed to what I say just before I left but I am going to tell you right now. I really, really like you Odette. You make me feel at home here so much so that I miss where I grew up but that is a good thing.” Skye mutters so quickly with his cheeks going red that it takes me a moment to truly understand what he said.

“I guess it’s my turn now” I respond then take a deep breath before continuing “I feel the same way about you Skye,” I quickly look up to see his look of relief and then I continue” but the first night when you and your father had just moved in I couldn’t sleep so I went up to the roof to do some sketching only I couldn’t find my sketch pad. I was just about to fall asleep when I heard you and your dad approaching so I hid under the bench. I overheard your conversation, please don’t get mad.” I say as I take another deep breathe “the person you are looking for is me. And I promised myself I wasn’t going to say anything to anyone including you but you make me feel so safe and yet nervous. I had to tell you the truth.” I finish explaining as I look away from him because I couldn’t stand o know his reaction.

There is a long silence that follows my speech before I even dared to look at him and when I did I was expecting to see rage and hatred but what I see shocks me because I am able to watch various emotions cross his face until he is able to control his either his emotions or his face. I wanted to ask him if he was okay but I was scared as I watched him take a few deep breathes, I tried to prepare myself for his answer.

“Odette, what are you talking about?” whispers Skye

“You know what I am talking about, please don’t pretend that you don’t.” I cry softly

“Well I guess I don’t know what to say, honestly I don’t. I’m not mad that you overhead us talking, really I’m not but I am mad that you think you know who or what we are looking for. More than that is the fact that you believe you are so unique that it must be you.” says Skye with his angry leaking into his voice.

“I am pretty sure I am the girl you are looking for due to the fact that out of Claire, Lacey and myself, I am the only one who is not related to anyone in this house by blood. Mr and Mrs Parks are taking care of me as a favor for my parents.” I stammer and sign. By this time I am co close to tears that I can feel them well up. I don’t know how else to make him see or understand that I am telling him the truth. I also realize that he could be able me about my family. I look up at Skye just as the tears start to slowly roll down my cheeks and see him staring at me.

“If what you are telling me is true then can you please forget my confession as it doesn’t matter anymore and neither does how you feel about me. I must ask but these nightmares that you have been having, would you mind telling them to me. Skye asks calmly.

I am shocked and hurt deeply by his words and I try to stop the tears from falling. I get up and move towards my bed and grab one of my many sketch books and hand it to him. As Skye opens it he understands that I can show him the nightmares instead of telling them to him.
    Last edited by zoeyfreeze; 06-04-2015 at 12:21 AM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zoeyfreeze For This Useful Post:

celebritybr (07-06-2015), eccabemaso (07-29-2015), njupinyolo (07-02-2015), royterbill (07-27-2015)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Chapter 6: The Accident

Skye left with my sketch book and promised he would come back as soon as possible so that I could still get a good night’s sleep. I was grateful that he left when he did because now I can let my emotions flow to their full extent. I crawl into to bed and just let the tears fall freely until I fall asleep.

I wake up the next morning with no indication of Skye coming back last night, when I hear a soft knock on my door before it is opened. It is Claire and Lacey bring my breakfast. I notice that they have grim looks on their faces.

“Claire, Lacey, what’s wrong? Is everything okay?” I ask them

“Odette it’s nothing to worry about. Everything will be fine.” replied Claire. “I just hope Skye will be at school today to add a little sunshine into the halls” she adds

I have never known Claire to talk first when Lacey is with her so something is most definitely wrong but I didn’t want to press them further about.

“I’m sure he will be at school, I mean he has no reason not to be.” I imply calmly and then I remember his words of yesterday.

I take out my sketch book that I was busy with yesterday and try to continue with my sketch of Skye but I soon abandon my sketch of him as I my emotions take over. I hear a knock on my door and know that is can’t be anyone from the Parks family as they are all at school and work. I am about to get out of bed to answer my door when the door opens and I see Skye on the other side of the door.

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to alarm you. I hope you slept well.” Skye states calmly. “I did come back but you looked peaceful and so I left.” He adds
    I moved to hide my sketch book from his view and slowly walk back to bed to hind it in a safe place. “I guess I did sleep well last night plus I wouldn’t have notice if you were or weren’t here last night as you never leave any traces.” I respond casually

“I was checking into your drawing about your nightmares and I need to confirm something but I am back now. Are you okay to talk about them?” inquires Skye

I just sit in bed and nod my head because I don’t trust my words at the moment. We stare at each other for sometime before either one of us talks.

“The nightmares that you have been having do you know where they take place?” He asks.

I just shake my head and then reply “No, I don’t and I don’t think I can talk about this right now.”

“I’m sorry Odette but we need to talk about this now before Claire and Lacey get back from school.” explains Skye and continues “Your nightmares are taking place in the land where you were born, the land my dad and I are from. Two of the people you have drawn here is your older brother and sister. Now I hate to ask this but have you shown these drawing to anyone else?”

I know he is waiting for me to answer but I can’t find it in me to answer him if I am honest with myself, so I just recline in bed and turn to face the window. I listen carefully and wait to hear Skye leave but I hear nothing for a while then I hear him cross the room slowly then turn and walk back to my bed and sit down next to me. I pray that he doesn’t realize I am not asleep but then he reclines next to me and wraps me in his arms. I have never felt safer than I do right now but yet I feel completely alone and broken.

I hear the sound of his swallow breathing, I turn my head slightly only to discover that Skye is fast asleep.

I wake up in the late afternoon to find myself alone; I turn over and find a note stuck on my sketch book just sticking out from under my pillow. I am about to pull in out when I hear a knock on my door I quickly push the sketch book back under the pillow and my door opens. . .

“Sorry if I woke you up my dear. I just wanted to check up on you.” says Mrs Parks.

I could hear the concern and sadness in her voice. I’m starting to get worried as there is something clearly wrong, this family is always happy and excited, nothing tends to bring them down, I doubt that it is because of my birthday.

“Mrs Parks, is everything? I noticed that there was something wrong with Claire and Lacey earlier and I can see that you have been crying.” I state with concern.

I can see a look of shock spread over her face before the sadness returns. Then it dawns on me that haven’t seen Mr Parks all day, he usually comes and checks on me in morning before he goes work and when he gets home. I cannot remember a time when he hasn’t been around; even when he went away for work he was still here somehow.

“Mrs Parks, Where is Mr Park? Is he away on business or has something happened to him? I asked halfway out of my bed. The look on Mrs Parks face tells me just about all I needed to know, there was just one more thing that I had to know, if he was still alive.

“Mrs Parks, Is he in hospital or is it worse than that? I choke on the words as they fall out of my mouth.

I what I can only describe as a look of relief come to Mrs Parks face just before she answers “Mr Park was in an accident late last night on way to work to take care of an emergency, sweetheart, he is going to be fine, there doesn’t seem to be any serious injures however the doctors just want to keep him in the hospital for a few days just to keep on him.” By the time Mrs Parks has finished explaining this all to me a smile is creeping onto face “Before we know it he will be back home and on getting on everyone’s case about something.” She adds.

Just before Mrs Parks leaves my room she remains me to stay in bed and that Doctor Atkins is coming to check on me in the late morning.
    Last edited by zoeyfreeze; 06-25-2015 at 08:59 AM.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Chapter 7: Home

Today is going to be a busy day. Doctor Atkins said I can go back to school, Mr Parks is coming home and . . . it’s my birthday party and my early graduation. I never expected to see anyone besides my teachers happy to see me back at school but everyone who passed me in the halls greeted me, told me how happy they are that I am back and healthy, so even said they will see me tonight.

When I got to my locker there were some presents outside of it, but I was shocked by what all was in my locker. In a way I was looking forward to today, because I am back to my place of escape but something was different. Since I woke up this morning, I am seeing everything in a new light, it is as if my eyes have changed or adjusted or something but everything is brighter and I can see every detail. What shocked me was that my locker was of cards, small gifts, and letters, and somehow balloons where in it.

At lunchtime I decided to sit by myself as I am getting a little flustered with all the attention I am getting so I went up to the school’s roof as no really likes eating there because of the fact that there is shade and it gets a bit windy. Little did I expect to see Skye sitting eating his lunch. It has been a while since we last saw each other, and I didn’t know if it had something to do with his and my confession or if it was due to the research he is doing with my sketches but I wasn’t in a rush to discover the reason. As I turn and walk back to the door Skye must have looked up because I heard footsteps behind me but I decide to ignore them. But as I reached for the handle his hand covers mine.

“May I please sit and eat with you Odette or would you prefer to be alone?”Skye asks with a pleading tone.

I turn around and look at Skye, my heart pounding in my chest. I quickly look away and say “Sure we can Skye, I don’t mind.” As I finish speaking I can feel blood rushing to my cheeks.

“I heard about Mr Parks, how is he doing? I believe he is leaving the hospital today” Skye states as we sit down.

The shock of his question must have been clear on my face as he just starts laughing.

“My dad works for the police, he is a detective, he told me about Mr Parks accident” he says casually, then he looks at me and stares.

“Mr Parks is doing a lot better, the doctors said if he wasn’t wearing his safety gear on site his injuries would have been a lot worse. So what did I miss while I was off from school?” I try and say calmly as to not draw more attention to myself.

“Well as you may know girls seem to like me, so every girl in school followed me around, that is why I am eating up here. Not a lot of people noticed that you were missing from school until Claire and Lacey said something. But otherwise same old, same old. By the way what happened to Mr Parks was no accident, I would love to give you all the details now but we better get going before the bell rings and we are late to class.” states Skye

Skye knew he had peeked my curiosity with his statement about what had happened to Mr Parks but we never got another moment alone, and I doubt that we will get it again.

Claire and Lacey helped me carry all my gifts home and on the way they apologized as they had forgotten about my birthday party and birthday. I was shocked that they had forgotten as they always remember people’s birthdays and stuff as it is a reason to party and they love parties, but I told them that it was okay and that with everything that has happened with their dad it was understandable. We put everything in my room before we went with Mrs Parks to collect Mr Parks, I just couldn’t get what Skye had said out of my head and I wanted to know if Mr Parks knew the reason.