otaku-streamers app in phone or tablet
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default otaku-streamers app in phone or tablet

Otaku-streamer at phone or tablet

First of all i think no one suggested this one
    Second everyone has a phone right?
    Third everyone love a otaku streamer app and it would be easy to watch anywhere so please make a otaku streamer app and i would make otaku streamer be popular

Please Make a Otaku streamer app at samsung, Apple, etc......

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gelluby For This Useful Post:

edissingern (07-13-2015), erin92 (02-22-2015), illispiecase (07-12-2015), PotatoStyle (03-17-2016), trnixtadwa (07-15-2015)

â–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆï ¿½ �� �� �� ï¿½ï¿½â–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆï ¿½ �� �� ���� ï¿½â–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆï ¿½ �� �� ��

Upload
    511 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

This was suggested long long ago. *which I read by a reply from someone who always look at sggestions threads*
    Soon they will reply about this.

BRACE YOURSELVES!! DEADPOOL IS COMMING!!

Kawaii Alluka's Onii-chan

Kukuroo Mountain, Dentora, Republic of Padokia
    Upload
    578 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Indeed. There are suggestions like this: Making an Android app of "OTAKU-STREAMERS", OS Android App and OS on the GO.

As for this moment, I can see that there are still a lot of problems OS is facing, like the
    Video Server Problem which the admin just recently posted. So this suggestion is so good to be true. Anyways, as I noticed there's only one admin, the other one retired (not so sure), so working with this project is really big, plus there are still a lot on his plate.

And I don't think the phone brand has a big deal with it - it's the operating system that matters (android or ios).

Actually, I'm using my phone now to stream since my laptop gets crappy most of the time so I actually agree in this idea. Though I'm not hoping it will be implemented soon because there are a lot of pros and cons for this matter and is badly needed for discussion.

Spoiler :  

PROS: As you can see, the layout is not pleasing (different from web) and is not really user friendly since I'm just using it on a phone browser. You need to zoom in so you can properly tap the right links. Though that's my only complain, the user interface (UI). If OS would make an app, then the UI will be more organized, compact, and satisfactory. (My pros. Hahaha!)

CONS: I've read this reply from the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PolPunisher View Post
    I'm sorry Killer but I have to disagree with you on this idea/suggestion, Not because it is a bad idea/suggestion, which it isn't. It's more so along the lines of making OS "mainstream" and open to everyone...and I do mean everyone. Since OS technically 'pirates" off the anime from torrent sites and does not have any copywrite claims or writes to the anime series that the members upload on here Allowing an APP for your phone could make it easy for any anime company to view this site and possibly sue OS for illegal use of their animes without their consent or notice. This will cause OS to be shut down permanently and for good.....Now this is just me speculating on this and what could possibly happen to OS if an APP is made for it. <----- This is the worst case scenario though. Who knows I could be wrong though on this.
    This is a big issue since we all love OS and we don't want it to be taken down. Though it's true about the legality, but there are other apps which has similar cases with this like Manga Rock. I don't think they have the copyrights either but they exist! But it's still illegal so there are a lot of considerations to think off. Related post.

Anyways, the technology is growing faster. Nowadays, browsing in phones is a common thing. So I think OS should just be prepared for the future. Hahaha!
    Overall, I agree. But we also need to understand the admin(s).
    Last edited by xuei0000; 04-22-2015 at 05:47 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xuei0000 For This Useful Post:

erin92 (02-22-2015)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

yes please make an app though I think it would be hard for Windows phone users like me -___-

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

oh... It would be less enjoyable I guess if there is an OS app in the future.
    They said words cannot take it back once they have spoken.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to erin92 For This Useful Post:

trnixtadwa (07-15-2015)

Thanks

This would be so convenient if it was on the app store

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mattrex3 For This Useful Post:

trnixtadwa (07-15-2015)

OS Patron
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It would be convenient but I think it might hurt other parts of the site plus it would cost even more money. People would probably have to pay for the app unless there were ads and that goes against everything os is trying to do.

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I strongly agree with this. Even if there are difficulties in making it compatible with streaming I would say that it's worth it for the Community. The Shoutbox sucks to use on the phone imo.

Thanks

I always use my phone for this..
    There's no problem if it's just for watching but its a little inconvenient in doing other stuff.
    Im really hoping for an OS app :) tho I dont think it still will be a problem in the near future because phones do develop and sooner be compatible with the site just at it is.

Looking for
    FOOD. Always! :)

OS Patron
    "out of the night that covers me black as a pit form pole to pole"
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

You make a good point as far as the pros and cons of the app. I wonder if making a mobile version of the site would remedy many peoples troubles. With the option to choose whether you use the mobile friendly version or view it as full site.
    "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you...."

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I don't really agree with this albeit before, this crossed my mind. Thinking more about it, it's like it won't be the same anymore. The site is not (yet) that popular, and i prefer it that way
    Sometimes I forget fictional characters are fictional

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

What will end up being the catalyst to make this happen is money, plain and simple.

Otaku Streamers has struggled for a while now with consistently hitting it's donation goal for each month. We've hit the goal a couple times during the last year, but otherwise couldn't hit the goal for the remainder of 2015.

How long/hard would you work at your job if your boss ended up telling you: "Hey, you're going to have to make do with 60% of your regular paycheck this month. I hope that's alright. Oh, but regardless of that, we'll need you to put in extra unpaid hours to re-design the website and figure how what to do with the dwindling amounts of storage space on the servers."

The first step in moving forward to address some of the OS community's interest in a mobile version of the site or a mobile app is proving to Jim that we can fully support this site financially for the features it already has. Once we're in a position where we can easily sustain Otaku Streamers financially right now, we'll then be able to start looking at making some of the site improvements that have been requested happen. At least, in theory.

Death Moonlight Prince sasuke15y's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I personally like the idea but after thinking more on this aspect I feel that it's gonna be a hassle for the donators to donate the financial support needed to develop the app and as to what LV said OS struggled for a while hitting every month's donation goals. For now I prefer this OS website and hopefully to make this site as popular as to what it is now, having a bigger and active community is fun

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

while i agree with the quote, the reality is, an APP will not make it mainstream as much as everyone think, only between members as the APP (atleast on android) could be installed from the sd and have auto updates, without the need of using a 3rd party app store, by not letting this APP on oficials stores, anime pages wills till not give a ****, for example, have we ever have problems with manga fox (if i remember correctly yes) but manga fox is still alive

in conclusion having an APP that's only available for Members that are maybe OS regulars could have this APP so less new people could use the app and limit the new account so we agree with some " rules" as not uploadign the APP to any repository