Appropriate Timing
    The Finest Wine
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Appropriate Timing

So, this is more of an opinion based topic

When do you think it is appropriate to talk to a friend, or family member, when he/she is upset or angry? Of course this depends on the person of both parties, since everyone has their own preferences.

Personally, I don't automatically involve myself in my friend/family member's problems when they arise. I will not jump right in and try to fix things because I just don't feel it's appropriate to do so. If he/she needs my help, then I will do my best to help. Now, if he or she doesn't come to me, then I'll just leave it be. No point in trying to fix something if I'm not needed.

Anyways, what's your opinion?
    Glitter Is The Herpes Of Art; You May Think It's Gone, But It Always Comes Back

力丸

Upload
    307 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well, if it's family I am just quiet and not want to get involve or jump into their problems unless then need my help.. Friend-wise is the same but I probably tend to be more get involve in than family its what they say "Thats what friends are for"

That's just meh

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I had this problem once and meddled instantaneously and made the problem bigger. So, lesson learned for me. Now, if I it's something I can help with and if they ask, I will gladly help otherwise I'll just sit back and see what happens. Sometimes, a good way to help is not to help at all. (not always the case though) ^_^

"No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is Infinite"

~Hououin Kyoma "Mad Scientist"

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

That differs depending on the people involved and the situation of course, but normally I think it's best to deal with it right away.

♥Panda Princess♥

Upload
    242 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Depends on a lot of stuff. Like when I had to tell my parents I needed glasses but was too afraid. Hello high grade! Usually I find it hard to tell if it comes down to my health. I am always in denial and aside from that we do not have the money so it ends up it will take frever for me to get check unless life threatening but now I just say it anyways. But I do have one dilemma now that I made sure I was alone with my mom to tell it but it worked iut just fine. Oh and it's no longer health related this time.
    Procrastinator by day. Insomiac by night ♥

Thanks

When it comes to family, either I'll just shut up the whole time or just make them laugh. a bit.. If its for friends, Ill just really find that time when they're a bit happy or just make them laugh so hard till you get the opportunity to talk :D

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

time will tell all but your egos stopping you... i hate it..
    "Trust your own instinct. Your mistake might as well be your own, instead of someone else's" - Billy Wilder

OS Most Powerful Witch

Upload
    196 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

For me, when a family member/friend is ready to open up then that's the appropriate time to talk. As a friend/family member, you can feel it when they are ready to share their problems. If they share their problems then you need to listen carefully to make them feel that someone is willing to listen to their problems and they are not alone. When you learn their problem, then you have the option to get involve or not. You can also tell if the person that has a problem wanted you to be involve in their problem or not. If you get the hint that they needed someone to solve their problem, then you can get involve. But sometimes, just the presence of a person listening while the person with a problem vents out every emotion he has is enough.

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I will give them a few days to stew and work it out. If they still are upset I'll come to them and ask. It is best to play it by ear.