Main stream anime or normal anime ???
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

I try not to find out what is popular and what is not, and just watch what seemed interesting to me in the beginning. Therefore, I usually watch both of what some would consider mainstream and some less mainstream ones regardless of how popular they are. Both have their ups and downs depending on the show more and less on whether they are popular or not. The only downside for me is that some non-mainstream shows I like, such as Denpa Onna, don't get second seasons due to the lower popularity.
    ​

An faceless ghost
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Wut bout unique anime :D? Like Lain?

Nevertheless I watch pretty much all, check em out at least for the first few eps. If Anime is interesting I keep watching... if not so much I throw it into my on-hold list.

So don't really care bout whenever "normal" or "mainstream" Anime.

OS Patron
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

you know I'm of the opinion that if an amine is good it's good if not then I don't watch. I usually hate things that are popular but because I don't really know what is popular it doesn't dissuade me from anything really.

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I like both ^-^ It really depends on what I'm in the mood to watch. With a lot of the "mainstream" anime though I tend to take breaks from it and just watch it in spurts. Then when I'm not doing that I'll watch other, shorter series.
    "Shining brightly, even for a split second, is better than living a dull-grey life for eternity."

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I think, both kinds of anime have their own appeal. Mainstreams are great for self-enriching. You know, the values you can get, the amount of entertainment, the twists from the storyline, you can just admire the amount of effort and skill the makers put into those kinds of anime. Whereas regular anime are great for passing time and finishing up lots and lots of titles. It can quickly raise up your otaku level and such and can give you a sense of accomplishment every time you finish one. I think it's good to switch from one to the other from time to time. I still get entertained anyway. Haha

Kawaii Alluka's Onii-chan

Kukuroo Mountain, Dentora, Republic of Padokia
    Upload
    578 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I watch a title if I feel watching it. It doesn't matter if it's main stream or normal anime. I don't base my watching routine from that. I choose them randomly and whether I feel like watching them or not. (Repeat?) Though I'm indecisive so I change from one anime to another. It totally depends on my mood.

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Mainstream is good for something to watch every week, it's like a habit. But all of my favorites are not mainstream, they are usually more touching, more creative, more original.

♕ Highschool Student ♕ RoyalBaka's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

It depends btw. if the plot and graphics are good pffft ~ *add watchlist* I want to be active when it comes to long series than short.
    Normal it's pretty good if your craving short anime's/

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garrosh View Post
    Hallo everyone,

I was thinking about what sort of anime I like more. So I make a choose between Mainstream anime ( Like naruto, Fairytail, bleach and more) or regular anime ( Like 07-ghost, 11eyes, accel-world, Asu no Yoichi and more). I like regular anime more because they are easyier to follow and they don't have to much episodes. I mean By easyier to follow that the anime not have to much story's around the mainstoryline. So they focus on 1 goal.

So what is your opion about this topic share it with everyone.

I completely agree. What you call "normal" or "regular" anime is far superior to mainstream titles like Naruto, Bleach or One Piece.

♥Panda Princess♥

Upload
    242 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Both. But so far I have been updated to one mainstream which is fairy tail. Not really watching much from the rest. I'd prefer regular animes where in there are normally 13 episodes or if it is so good would go to 24 episodes. Sometimes even have a season 2 :D
    Procrastinator by day. Insomiac by night ♥

Thanks

Mainstream or not, they're still anime. Some mainstream series are good, some are bad, some normal series are good some are bad, it's the same.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I really don't care about it being mainstream or regular. I usually look at the plot first. If it's good, then I'll watch it. If not, then I'll drop it.