Do you watch a new anime because you think it will be good or because it's popular?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    The Finest Wine
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

mostly 'cause I think it will be good. I don't like hearing a lot about popular anime - it spoils the fun.........still haven't watched Bleach or Fairy Tail
    Glitter Is The Herpes Of Art; You May Think It's Gone, But It Always Comes Back

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purpledrank For This Useful Post:

Toastiannn (09-11-2020)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I usually watch a new anime after the hype settles, based on the anime's plot and graphics.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'll go for 'it'll be good' for this one.

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Mainly because I think it will be good, but occasionally I'll try watching something that doesn't seem that interesting from the description, because it is popular.

Thanks

I never watch a show because of it's popularity. Always to see if it appeals to me or not.

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

"if it's popular it must be good, right?" Putting it as nicely as possible, The opposite is true unless you simply live to go with the flow as they say. In any event, trusted reviews lead me to the best anime. Years ago I watched anything that looked good, now I need reviews in order to find the sweet chocolate amongst all the crap.
    Last edited by Jin H; 09-16-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I personally do not watch it and I may just because of popular but if it is a good anime I will watch it and if it's a new anime even if it is not popular I still try to watch it and see for myself if I like it

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I watch anime base on my preference, not because its popular.
    Example, I didn't watch Nisekoi even though its popular and Nobunaga Concerto is one of my favorites even though a handful of otakus have watched it.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i watch new anime with my preferences...like if when i read the summary, if it will caught my attention, then i'll try to to watch it like few episodes (mostly until ep 5 or 6 or it depends) and if it's already "lame" (i really don't know what correct term to use) then i'll stop and look for another good anime to watch. ^^
    I'm tired of living in this lonely reality....please take me to the fantasy world where I will be happy!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well, I watch anime sometimes because of its art. If not, I watch anime because of how the synopsis appealed to me. I only resort to watching popular anime if I lose the mood of searching good anime.

Kuroyukihime
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

because it's a good story that's the first reason why I watch anime by checking the trailer or synopsis of the series

Thanks

when looking for anime, I just look for what sticks out to me
    Geniuses are born not created.

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I typically look for things that interest me regardless of the popularity. That being said, if there is a popular anime with a premise I think I'll like I go for those first so I can avoid spoilers in media :(
    "Shining brightly, even for a split second, is better than living a dull-grey life for eternity."

Thanks

I watch anime sometimes based on my mood but in a normal day, i watch mostly story-wise, Being popular does not really hit me for watching an anime, but first few episodes will decide if I have the ought to reach it through its end

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I watch in the hopes that it is good. It is good to watch new anime and branch out from your comfort zones as well. Never know, you might find an anime you love or even a genre of anime you love that you never bothered with originally.

Thanks

I just watch it because I'm interested in the characters and story mostly

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Being popular doesn't really matter to me, however if it's popular then I'm sure it's popular for a reason. Having people to hype anime with me gets me even more excited as I wait for the upcoming episodes. But rest assured that popularity doesn't define an anime. It all depends on your taste.

My example would be that I am a HUGE One Piece fan! I love that anime to bits and I could go on-and-on about it. Although majority of my friends don't appreciate it as I do.

Another would be Attack on Titan, I'm sorry but I don't like it. I find it boring. That is my opinion though, Attack on Titan has a huge fan base that would defend it.

I suggest you try anime titles even if they're popular or not. Who knows, it just might be your next favorite!

Thanks

yeahh, I have been watching anime for a while but I find myself watching mostly the popular ones with a sprinkle of less popular ones when I have nothing else to watch or just don't feel like shonen. if I have time and I already watched the popular ones I choose to watch something I know nothing about just for fun though.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

A mixture, definitely. While there's a lot of popular anime I haven't watched, there's a decent amount I absolutely devoured, among the BIG ones, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Naruto, SAO can be mentioned - then there's also the less popular ones, that others may not even have heard of. I absolutely use the "Surprise Me!" a LOT, and sometimes I find fun anime - other times, I'm hitting that button for hours. It depends a lot on my mood, what genre I feel like watching etc etc.