The anime that got you started (your first)
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Question The anime that got you started (your first)

I can barely, barely remember. If I remember correctly, I first started anime by watching Soul Eater on netflix. It was a dub of course, I didn't start watching subs really till I watched Da Capo and Shingeki No Kyojin. I think the first anime I really, really got into was either Da Capo, (I haven't finished it though) or Fairy Tail. I watched the Fairy Tail Dub all the way to the last episode they had dubbed (like 90 something.) Now I'm just sucked into so many different ones. So, my question is, what were some of the animes that got you started and sucked in?
    I'm a romantic, with no romance.

marshmello's
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think mine was One Piece and Naruto.They are dubbed when I watched it too. I love watching it when I was a kid :3 But now, I kinda forgot what episode i'm watching so I only pick random eps.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

it'd be Flame of Recca . it was one of my favorites and still one of the best animes ive watched so far

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

hmm, well it was back in high school, off of netflix so it was probably either Ouran high host club, or Angel Beats, probably angel beats, which is still today one of my favorite anime, and one of the only anime that can make me cry in a single episode(the last one)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

The anime that got me started was FMA (Fullmetal Alchemist) It happened on one hot summer day... I was soo bored and my brothers told me to watch anime with them.. but I declined since my stupid self said "Anime is boring" But after a while I was just too bored so I joined them... then hahahah I fell in love with anime by just watching FMA ^^

I'll never say goodbye,that's how it always is~

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnderWolf View Post
    I can barely, barely remember. If I remember correctly, I first started anime by watching Soul Eater on netflix. It was a dub of course, I didn't start watching subs really till I watched Da Capo and Shingeki No Kyojin. I think the first anime I really, really got into was either Da Capo, (I haven't finished it though) or Fairy Tail. I watched the Fairy Tail Dub all the way to the last episode they had dubbed (like 90 something.) Now I'm just sucked into so many different ones. So, my question is, what were some of the animes that got you started and sucked in?
    If I remember correctly, Pitchi Pitchi Pitch was my first anime. I feell in love with Kaito. Haha!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeekyOtaku For This Useful Post:

SereiMadoshi (07-16-2014), Serenea (07-05-2014)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaylee1234 View Post
    The anime that got me started was FMA (Fullmetal Alchemist) It happened on one hot summer day... I was soo bored and my brothers told me to watch anime with them.. but I declined since my stupid self said "Anime is boring" But after a while I was just too bored so I joined them... then hahahah I fell in love with anime by just watching FMA ^^
    Actually I take that back I definitely just unintentionally just lied. I started with FMA/FMA:Brotherhood. I didn't start seriously watching anime till after soul eater though, but I spent like an entire year watching FMA:Brotherhood dubbed on TV. Then around two years later I started watching soul eater, then started this whole anime lifestyle thing, but it ALL began with FMA.
    I'm a romantic, with no romance.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to UnderWolf For This Useful Post:

kaylee1234
     (08-27-2014)

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

mine would be slam dunk. I remember that I used to watch it on tv and it was filipino dubbed. haha. it was really fun to watch and after that I started watching animes on tv but I realized that I would want to finish the series because most of the animes on tv doesnt finish at all so I searched a site where I could watch and ended with animecrazy.net hahaa but its gone now and I'm here at OS

Upload
    1252 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

First anime? Im not so sure anymore what was mine because before I staredt watching anime weekly, I already seen some and all of those are completed at the same time well known for their content.

If I recall right, the very first anime I have seen outside local dubbing would be Trigun. To be followed by Black Cat or School Days. Either way, the first anime that got me so much on it would be Shakugan no Shana II.

"The trick to running is to stay M-A-D. M for 'move ever forward'. A for 'always accelerate', and D for 'dash and don't stop'. If you don't follow those rules, you'll be doing the same thing tomorrow." - Owari no Chronicle

OS Patron
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Mine would be samurai troopers it was called Ronin Warriors here in the states and it was something i watched when i was in like 4th grade after school on my local television channels which was like 20 years ago but the anime that got me hooked was either Vampire Hunter D or Neon Genesis Evangelion

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Trigun was my first. -flails happily- Vash-sama is the best! :3

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Pokemon was the first anime that I watched

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pikaaaaaa For This Useful Post:

diaphanous (09-24-2014)

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

The anime that got me started long ago was Eureka seven back when it was on toonami, the original toonami.

What are you looking at!? SugarKetch's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

How can I ever forgot the very Anime that's the main reason why I got addicted to Anime, and improving from time to time ;) That is Yu-Gi-Oh DM (Duel Monsters). I so admire the main protagonist in that story: Yami Yugi a.k.a. Atem. Though it revolves around Duel between cards and him being a Pharaoh, it is something I really idolize back them (until now) and had become my very first (and probably the last) Anime Crush ;//)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I think my first anime was Dragonball (dubbed on PH tv), but I started to really like anime after I watched Pichi Pichi Pitch and Slamdunk. So that would be.... early 2000's. Probably 2002 or 2003?

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Pokemon was the anime that made me want to watch 'em all. I also watched Dragon Ball Z and Gundam way back too and have been watching ever since.
    Intelligence is underrated.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuro Yuki For This Useful Post:

diaphanous (09-24-2014)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

@GeekyOtaku: For me it was Pitchi pitchi pitch too. i usually watch it on tv. It was available before in our network so i always wait for it.
    And also Card Captor Sakura. ^_^

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

My first anime experience was Iria the Zeram Animation on a network that used to play an anime movie every Saturday about 20 years ago. Voltron, DBZ, Sailor Moon were all close to follow.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Pokemon, and then Baka and test. I never really watched much anime when I was little. (Only pokemon)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PotatoStyle For This Useful Post:

diaphanous (09-24-2014)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

For it would be Shakugan no Shana ..that is my first watch anime and thatwas my fav.anime until now XD
    I watch it in my laptap ,, my friend give it to me :))