Below Average

Upload
    1074 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,262 Times in 247 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default The Last Drama Syndrome

Have you ever had sleepless nights because of the last drama you watched? Had a particular scene of the drama you watched stuck in your head? Unconsciously thought about the drama you watched that it started to annoy you?

I experienced them all. I got my latest LDS or Last Drama Syndrome from watching The Heirs. Lol, the scene where Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye cried kept on repeating in my head that it started to annoy me. I got so affected because of how great they acted that scene, lol. XD

How about you? Have you ever experienced "The Last Drama Syndrome?"

**Lol, I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as Last Drama Syndrome. Yes, I just made this up. XD

Planeswalker
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Nope. Never had any experience like that and I don't think I will ever in my life and yes, I think there's no such thing as Last Drama Syndrome but what I do know is that there's Drama Obsession. *nods nods nods* =p

力丸

Upload
    307 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

City Hunter-- I didn't sleep til I finish it from beginning to end and boy I was exhausted after that

Below Average

Upload
    1074 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by satsuirakuen View Post
    Nope. Never had any experience like that and I don't think I will ever in my life and yes, I think there's no such thing as Last Drama Syndrome but what I do know is that there's Drama Obsession. *nods nods nods* =p
    Lol, good for you. I always experience this after watching a drama or even an anime series. :/ And lol, I know. Although, I don't think it is drama obsession. If I became obsessed in watching a series (be it drama or anime), I tend to re-watch it till I get tired of doing so. *laughs*

Kawaii Alluka's Onii-chan

Kukuroo Mountain, Dentora, Republic of Padokia
    Upload
    578 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Oh, new term... XD

Well... I don't think I've experienced sleepless nights after watching a drama series or episode... anime maybe. Though I do have sleepless nights when I do marathon. XD

PS: And yes, I've experienced OBSESSION a lot.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I do~ when I watched rooftop prince --'
    but mostly anime is the cause of my sleepless nights and it's annoying..
    Is there a cure for this? XD

Below Average

Upload
    1074 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xuei0000 View Post
    Oh, new term... XD

Well... I don't think I've experienced sleepless nights after watching a drama series or episode... anime maybe. Though I do have sleepless nights when I do marathon. XD

PS: And yes, I've experienced OBSESSION a lot.
    Lol, I just invented it. I had sleepless nights just because of a particular scene that constantly played in my mind. And lol, I re-watch any anime or drama series if I become obsessed of it. But as for the drama series I cited as an example, I watched it once. XD

Quote Originally Posted by meyuhaya View Post
    I do~ when I watched rooftop prince --'
    but mostly anime is the cause of my sleepless nights and it's annoying..
    Is there a cure for this? XD
    Lol, maybe watching another series? XD

Planeswalker
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette09 View Post
    Lol, good for you. I always experience this after watching a drama or even an anime series. :/ And lol, I know. Although, I don't think it is drama obsession. If I became obsessed in watching a series (be it drama or anime), I tend to re-watch it till I get tired of doing so. *laughs*
    Well, if it ain't obsession then I don't know what the hell you're experiencing. Then again, there's more than one sign of being obsessed in a particular thing, and in relation to this, drama and re-watching them is just one of those dem signs. But yeah, frankly, if you start having sleepless nights and all that, I'd go for the obsession. Or maybe addicted would be a more acceptable term perhaps? Teehee!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Maybe watching it again can cause mooorrreeee sleepless nights xD but I'll try that :D

Below Average

Upload
    1074 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by satsuirakuen View Post
    Well, if it ain't obsession then I don't know what the hell you're experiencing. Then again, there's more than one sign of being obsessed in a particular thing, and in relation to this, drama and re-watching them is just one of those dem signs. But yeah, frankly, if you start having sleepless nights and all that, I'd go for the obsession. Or maybe addicted would be a more acceptable term perhaps? Teehee!
    Lol, I invented the Last Drama Syndrome because only a particular scene kept on playing in my mind over and over again -- not the whole drama. Just like in experiencing LSS where you mostly sing few verses repetitively and unconsciously but not the whole song.

Kawaii Alluka's Onii-chan

Kukuroo Mountain, Dentora, Republic of Padokia
    Upload
    578 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette09 View Post
    Lol, I just invented it. I had sleepless nights just because of a particular scene that constantly played in my mind. And lol, I re-watch any anime or drama series if I become obsessed of it. But as for the drama series I cited as an example, I watched it once. XD
    Maybe I have one LDS? XD Yeah I think... that until now I can't forget it. It's a scene from Secret Garden where Joo-won remove the cream on Ra-im's lips by kissing her. XD Though I'm not really a fan of that drama but that scene is just too much for me! >///< That conceptual kiss... Lol. XD

Spoiler for Posted it in Favorite Romantic Scene Thread
    Well, I find it difficult re-watching dramas, since they're very long, about 1 hour per episode, and it consumes a lot of time unlike anime where I can watch around 2-3 episodes per hour. XD Though I re-watch Dream High about 3 times, since I really like the story and music. XP

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rikimarukun View Post
    City Hunter-- I didn't sleep til I finish it from beginning to end and boy I was exhausted after that
    City Hunter for me too . It's one of my favorite and the scenes are really heart-melting ..

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think I had some similar experience watching the drama Koizora... i kept thinking about it for a long time. The same happened for the ending of Hana Yori Dango (the movie); I loved the ending scene so much that I watched it over and over.

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

XD i had this and i couldn't get over so i watched it again and again XD

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

yeah, it happened when i watched Proposal Daisakusen. The scenes are just so memorable every moment. i can't really forget the scene it always crosses my mind though. XD

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I did have that sort of experience when I first started watching dramas. Especially those I really liked, I couldn't stop thinking about it after I finished watching. I hate rewatching stuff though, so when that happened I just started googling and reading every single piece of info on the cast, the drama, behind-the-scenes etc.

Thanks

I got sleepless night trying to think of another way of ending the drama.. (like what if's)
    Is this LDS symptom too?? Hihi

Looking for
    FOOD. Always! :)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I totally know what you're talking about! There have been a few dramas that have caused this for me, but the most recent one was Descendants of the Sun. I was so into this K-drama that I would sacrifice sleep and even get up in the middle of the night just to see what was going to happen. I drove people nuts on Facebook and I even managed to get both my brothers to watch it just because they wanted to know what I was talking about all the time (note: neither one of them has ever seen an Asian drama before). I was so proud of myself for that one because usually it's the other way around. LOL
    "Forget the lingering darkness in your scars
    and pour so much light into everything you touch,
    the universe will have to create brighter stars
    once you're gone."
    -D. Antoinette Foy

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I have had LDS many times especially if I stop the drama right before a key part. Usually ill end up binge watching a show or staying up past when I should be. Last drama I am currently watching is pinnochio and ive sacrificed sleep just to know what happens next xD