How do you usually choose anime before watching it?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I watch the first ep, if I saw that the premise is good I will continue until ep 3.
    If it's not my type of anime from the first 3 episodes then I drop it.

When I finish an anime then I will see recommendations in myanimelist and continue the cycle in other genres I like.

Thanks

Honestly for me it depends on the art style, if it looks good art wise I will speed through a few episodes and check. If it all in all is something I would watch i'll go back from episode 1 and actually watch it.The description is also a dead give away if you may like something or not, just depends on the type of person you are.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

typically i research or ask around for anime that is highly suggested in the genre I'm looking for. Depending onmy mood i'm looking for something specific. then when I find something i might like, the art style is something I look at as well as the characters they introduce in the first episode. If it doesn't really get me interested in the first episode I skip it (unless a friend tells me I need tyo give it another try.

Thanks

i will look at the description and the art style to see if it even remotely has me intrigued. but most of the time its the art and the cuteness of the characters. i just need the cuteness in my life.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I read the summary and make my decision.
    Or sometimes I click 'surprise me' and if I haven't seen it and it doesn't look like garbage, I'll give the first episode a chance.
    If an anime has a low rating that doesn't always deter me.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I watch the first episode, if it caught my attention, I will watch it till my eyes drought.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I always ask for recommendations from other people, that's how I choose the anime, but sometimes I go through from the ratings of the anime and description, and watching episode 1-3, if I'm hooked up then I'll probably binge-watch the anime not taking any breaks

Thanks

First thing I usually do is if the title is catchy even though it's in Japanese. Then ratings, then genre, then number of episode, and lastly, the description.

Thanks

First I consider the rating, then read reviews and description.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Personally, I don't put much faith in reviews (although I have written a few) - reason being, everyone's taste is different. I will look at reviews, but only for the stats, more positive versus negative over the verbose. Trailers are my thing because I need a visual and if I like what I see, it's on to the first episode. If the first episode fails to hold my interest, I put the anime on a wait list and move on. However, I've found that anime that I put on the shelf and then have gone back to later, has surprised me. Example - 'Arslan Senki'; I didn't think much of the first episode, so I put it on hold for two months, went back and was surprised that I did a watch binge of both seasons, and am anticipating the next.

Thanks

Ehh for me I don't really base my anime on certain reviews since we all enjoy and hate something. I'd say I choose an anime by reading its synopsis or somethings just base it on its art style. Well I should really judge an anime on its art style but I tend to do it anyways. I still enjoy it though.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

Kuroyukihime
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

mostly look and read some synopsis sometimes if I read the manga or light novel I will watch it and I don't base on rates sometimes the underrated anime or series has a great story or the best animation not a good story for me or it's just hype at first episode and after a while it's gone