Recent streaming problem: Video not found
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sleepy Web Developer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samdan Maus View Post
    Not sure if this will get seen on an old thread, but I am having this issue "video not found" on all videos across OS. I have done the steps listed and do not have idm. When I ping the 6 listed addresses, I get "request time out" 4 packets sent 4 packets lost. I also checked that adobe flash player was up to date and allowed, chrome was up to date, incognito mode did not yield different results, and installing an .mp4 codec did not solve my issue.

I very much love this site and do not want to use any other. Any reply's or pm's would be greatly appreciated.
    Did you toggle your Hardware Acceleration option in Chrome? And is this problem only happening on Chrome?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 1stKaiser For This Useful Post:

Samdan Maus (09-10-2018)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1stKaiser View Post
    Did you toggle your Hardware Acceleration option in Chrome? And is this problem only happening on Chrome?
    Ah, I forgot to mention that i did try hardware acceleration both off and on and it does not work. I only use chrome and do not wish to use another browser, but I do have the same issue in internet explorer if that helps narrow down the issue. I think it's worth noting that I have two computers with this identical problem and have done the same trouble shooting on both. One is running Windows 10; the other, Windows 8.1

I very much appreciate your help and quick response!

Sleepy Web Developer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samdan Maus View Post
    Ah, I forgot to mention that i did try hardware acceleration both off and on and it does not work. I only use chrome and do not wish to use another browser, but I do have the same issue in internet explorer if that helps narrow down the issue. I think it's worth noting that I have two computers with this identical problem and have done the same trouble shooting on both. One is running Windows 10; the other, Windows 8.1

I very much appreciate your help and quick response!
    Well, I wanted to see if you tested having the problem on just one browser or if its happening across multiple browsers & if you did the usual maintenance of clearing your cache, cookies, etc. Do you remember the last time (the day and time) you were able to watch videos on this site successfully & if anything special or peculiar happened (OS/browser/flash/gpu/antivirus updates) before the problem occurred? Also, are you having problems accessing other HTTPS sites (not just videos) in any way recently (security warnings, outdated certificates, etc.)?

I have some suggestions but I definitely want to narrow it down first.
    Last edited by 1stKaiser; 09-11-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1stKaiser View Post
    Well, I wanted to see if you tested having the problem on just one browser or if its happening across multiple browsers & if you did the usual maintenance of clearing your cache, cookies, etc. Do you remember the last time (the day and time) you were able to watch videos on this site successfully & if anything special or peculiar happened (OS/browser/flash/gpu/antivirus updates) before the problem occurred? Also, are you having problems accessing other HTTPS sites (not just videos) in any way recently (security warnings, outdated certificates, etc.)?

I have some suggestions but I definitely want to narrow it down first.
    I cannot remember the day, but it was in June. Nothing out of the ordinary that I can recall; my Windows 10 laptop does not have antivirus and I keep windows update to a minimum while my Windows 8.1 desktop has bitdefender which I always keep up to date. I have disabled windows defender and firewall on my laptop and that did not make a difference while I also tried disabling windows firewall and bitdefender on my desktop. I do not have trouble accessing any other sites that I frequent, but would not mind if you had a few you would like me to try; (I thought it might be related to specifically .mp4 or html5 files not playing due to an absent or incorrect codec for the embedded video)

I hope this helps narrow it down some. Please let me know if you need any other info.

Sleepy Web Developer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Your access may be getting blocked by your ISP. I would recommend testing that theory by changing your DNS to Google, OpenDNS, Cloudflare, or whichever you're comfortable with if you have not already tested it. You can change the DNS on both computers or in your router settings if you have access to a router that allows you to change it there, affecting both computers without changing them individually. This will determine if you're getting blocked by an ISP implementing aggressive blocking standards.

If the problem still occurs, it may be more aggressive & your IP may be getting blocked specifically from access. Use a VPN extension such as Unlimited Free VPN for Chrome & switch first to a different IP closest to you in the US. If it doesn't work, switch to another country. If it works in another country by not in your location in the US, request the help of the admin here to double check if you're not being blocked by the server.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I changed my DNS to Google through my router, used the VPN you recommended, and tried it in and out of the United States with no success.

How would I get in touch with an admin about further troubleshooting?

Sleepy Web Developer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Seeing as the problem is 1.) occurring on multiple browsers, 2.) multiple computers, 3.) under a private DNS, 4.) under different IPs in the US & 5.) different countries - there may be an issue with your account specifically.

You can send a message to jbluey

Check with him to make sure your account wasn't blocked by the OS video server for some reason, such as a rule violation or DDoS false flag.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 1stKaiser For This Useful Post:

Samdan Maus (09-12-2018)