What do you think of Attack on Tittans? [Shingeki No Kyojin]

View Poll Results: What do you think of Attack on Titans [Shingeki No Kyojin] ?

Voters
492. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's one of the best anime I've seen!!

239 48.58%
  • It's good but it's too overrated.

208 42.28%
  • Not into it at all. pfft!

45 9.15%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I don't read the hype, I just enjoyed the anime, after about 3 or 4 episodes in I was hooked and thought it was a wonderful anime. That being said not liking something BECAUSE it is over-rated is retarded. What kinda person doesn't like something because others like it too much? That is freaking nuts, watch an anime, decide for your self if you like it, personally I am glad it is so "over-rated" because if it wasn't I probably wouldn't have found the anime. I don't read all the hype, I am a full time grad student and am horribly busy, but I am glad this became popular enough that someone pointed it out to me.

Attack on Titan was one of the best new anime I had seen in a while, and I am glad it became popular enough to come to my attention.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karma1143 For This Useful Post:

artumas (03-12-2014), PrivateEyes (03-11-2014)

Anime Samurai >o<
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I think there should be a middleground between best ever and overrated. It's definitely amazing and stands out among recent anime but you'd have to be pretty biased to say it's the best ever, or even up there. But, since it's that or overrated... the best ever it is.

OS Anthropologist

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think there are better anime and manga out there than Shingeki no Kyojin. Nick (Night blade) and I are seeing other shows and reading other manga and we can both probably agree that there are better things than SnK.

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"It's one of the best anime I've seen!!"

The Saiya-jin
    Upload
    31 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Good
    -
    It's harsh and I think that attracts a bit older shounen fans.
    - Mikasa is more epic than the main protagonist!
    - The first opening song.
    - Those schematics on the A & B part break, and I'd love to get those as wallpaper ..anyone? :D

Bad
    -
    The constant whining, even though it takes unrealistic skill to come up with this sort of whining it's really constant, which gets in my nerves and i'd love to see parody about it.
    - Fans
    Green Man Gaming has Steam discounts, which stack with the Steam sales.

If I can drink coffee while doing it, I'll do it.
    Master Nurmi, 12.8.2014

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Could have made the fighting a little more epic, other than that, it was pretty good.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

One of the best anime I've watched, looking forward to season 2! :D

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I feel like the middle choice fits it the best. I wouldn't call it the best but it is definitely something that I enjoyed watching.

Special Tactics and Recon

Upload
    137 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Probably one of the most poorly developed animes I've seen. None of the options express my dislike for the show enough :/ Rather boring plot and poorly developed characters have made this a 2/10 anime. Do not recommend.

力丸

Upload
    307 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

The poll lack selection and it's quite bias so I am not gonna vote but I think SnK is one of a kind anime for me...

At first I thought the preview was stupid and fighting a NUDE giants are crazy and it struck me watching the first episode and it made me want to see it until I finish it which got me into cliffhanger every end of the episode which makes it a great anime I won't forget.

If it put beside SAO and SnK 2nd season I'd rather watch SnK first and then SAO so SnK is the better than SAO IMO

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Definitely not the best anime out there, but a very good anime. I would recommend the anime to a friend that's looking for an anime/manga with a plot and overall great execution.
    You have lost the game.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Its a pretty amazing anime in the fact that it keeps you really interested in it with all the suspense, but it disapoints in some areas. One area that made me mad was "who is the female form titan" "OHH you mean the one that looks exactly like annie in every way including the droopy eyes?...No idea" that made me pretty mad.

Retired Staff
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i think the reason why some people dislike it or think its overrated is mostly because it became too mainstream. some folks prefers the "underground" type of animes then quickly dismisses them when they go popular, kinna like naruto and bleach(which actually have some very bad story arcs). its like a "hipster" mentality... "i was in to it before it was cool, now its meh"

nah what do i know.

for me, its one of the best animes out there in terms of plot and concept. not a classic like monster but its up there.
    Last edited by russj; 03-10-2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: miss a word there :P

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I don't enjoy the anime that much, and the hype seems to be outrageous. The anime doesn't interest me, but the thing that makes it distasteful isn't the anime itself, but the hype and fandom that puts it on a pedistool. When it's brought in conversation with me , it's either it's the best anime ever, or they put it up, and put SAO down, which is a very good anime to me. They put SNK above the great anime to me, like FMA, DBZ, Gintama, One Piece, and Naruto, and when I try to start it, it doesn't catch my attention like that. I don't think this anime should be bashed, but praise is only making the situation worst to me. But this is only an opinion

Upload
    110 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Nurmi View Post

Good
    -
    It's harsh and I think that attracts a bit older shounen fans.
    - Mikasa is more epic than the main protagonist!
    - The first opening song.
    - Those schematics on the A & B part break, and I'd love to get those as wallpaper ..anyone? :D

Bad
    -
    The constant whining, even though it takes unrealistic skill to come up with this sort of whining it's really constant, which gets in my nerves and i'd love to see parody about it.
    - Fans
    O wow I totally agree with all of these especially the "fans" part. The opening song was really different from the ones I usually hear from other series and it was an excellent choice of op. Might I add the amazing OST on the Good side.

Quote Originally Posted by russj View Post
    i think the reason why some people dislike it or think its overrated is mostly because it became too mainstream. some folks prefers the "underground" type of animes then quickly dismisses them when they go popular, kinna like naruto and bleach(which actually have some very bad story arcs). its like a "hipster" mentality... "i was in to it before it was cool, now its meh"

nah what do i know.

for me, its one of the best animes out there in terms of plot and concept. not a classic like monster but its up there.
    actually a legit reason man! happens to all things now. Even anime.
    Last edited by jzero99; 03-10-2014 at 05:00 PM.

OS Patron
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Not that great, but its good.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

sure its one of the best .

Retired Staff
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jzero99 View Post
    actually a legit reason man! happens to all things now. Even anime.
    maybe. but going "guys ive seen a great anime its..... oh? what? everyone likes it too? well i dont think its that great anymore. its pretty ok. hm? more people likes it? dude that anime sucks." is just wrong (yes its an exaggeration but you get the gist)+(my same problem with SAO. had a big argument about this before)

reminds me of what hayao miyazaki said. our opinion in the anime community is not more valid than the ones less familiar with the art. we should be happy non-hardcore-anime fans likes it. not detest the anime because it became popular. other people's enjoyment of it should not affect our view of it..

thats all i could say about that. sorry drifted a little bit from the topic.

still a great anime :D
    Last edited by russj; 03-10-2014 at 09:49 PM. Reason: +

What are you looking at!? SugarKetch's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Words cannot explain on how I'm so amazed to this Anime. All I can say is, "Bravo"!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well, I guess one of the best series I've watched and enjoyed on the past year! :)
    I mean, IMO I appreciate the animation and the opening themes. Hehe, and the action scenes are all intense. And just so happened that the series had ended and well lets just wait for the next season. I hope :p