Do high grades measure your intelligence?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    treng ♥

For me, No. High grades doesn't measure the intelligence of a person.

There are some that only memorizes all the notes given by the teacher just to perfect the score on the exam and get high grades. Diligent People are very different from Smart Ones. An Intelligent Person understands the lesson and doesn't memorize everything so High Grades are not the basis of a person's intelligence.

OS SB War Survivor
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

No, they can be used but they are by no means an accurate measure of Intelligence. Intelligence is by definition "the ability to learn or understand things or to deal with new or difficult situations" However all schools teach students methods for memorization not for understanding. The reason for this is that young children have a much better memory than comprehension.

Put simply grades have nothing to do with Intelligence in today's school systems, they are simply a method of measuring the acquired knowledge (facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education.) of a person regarding an academic performance.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Nope. Intelligence can't be graded. And having a high grades doesn't mean you're already intelligent and having low grades doesn't mean you're are not intelligent. We, humanity, just excel in different things. Some excel in academics and some are not but they are maybe intelligent in other things. And there are no dumb people we just have limitations.

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

IQ tests would be a better measure of intelligence. High grades measure your patience. ;P

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

High grades only measure one area of your intelligence, your curricular intelligence. Every course, from elementary, secondary and tertiary levels have a designated curriculum, and so grades are designed as feedback on how you responded in that curriculum. But it doesn't measure your extra-curricular abilities, like street-smartness, administration, teaching and so on. Yeah, high grades measure intelligence, but only one area. Any one person should not put all his eggs in that one basket.

♥Panda Princess♥

Upload
    242 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Grades are just numbers. The real test of intelligence is how you survive life. Like com'on life does not come with a manual to learn how to live it. If you are not wise enough or have common sense,you will die.
    Procrastinator by day. Insomiac by night ♥

Regular Uploader

Upload
    157 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

No! High grades Measures the ability to memorize what has been instructed. Einstein was a mediocre student teachers tough he was not going to do nothing good for himself. And yet he wrote the Theory if Relativity

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't think grades measure our intelligence. My friend has a learning disability and so normal school work is really, really hard for her and her grades are usually kinda low. If you talked to her though or read something she's written, you'd realize that she's actually probably a genius of some kind. Her writing is brilliant. Also, I've been told that I'm pretty smart and that I should be getting top grades (and I used to) but now I don't do any of my homework so even though I get good grades on my tests still, I have bad grades overall.

Thanks

Grades are a measure of intelligence in many ways, but aren't all encompassing.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Some people do terrible in school but they are good at things that were not taught in school.

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, here's my thought.

I've always been a believer than nearly every human being can succeed in any field they want to, given that they dedicate enough time and enough drive to it. That includes your grades in school or college.

If you don't have good grades, it's because you didn't dedicate enough time, or weren't motivated enough to get good grades. Simple as that.

I'd hope that if your grades are really bad, it's because you're focusing your time and determination on other things in life that will better help you succeed. And NO, anime generally doesn't count as one of those things. :)

But hey, that's just my thought. What you do with your life is your business, not mine.

Novice Uploader
    Upload
    173 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

grade only knows what you learned but it doesnt always show what you really capable of

Death Moonlight Prince sasuke15y's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well some can excel in written tests and can have high grades but to me intelligence can only be measured through practicality and by using logical/rational thinking. Humans as we are.

Otakustreamer Yuri
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

yes high grades can correlate to high IQ but then again no a person that studies in a certain amount of time can also get high grades I don't know q-q
    it also depends if that person studied or not for the said tests that will later result to their grades

I mean intelligence can't be measured and only you can prove people wrong that you can do anything and get high grades yourself

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Grades are a measurement of how hard you study. Lets face it, we can all do amazing and wonderful things if we are diligent and put work in. :)

Thanks

I dont think so, remember that person who is lazy to study? but smart af? Grades do measure how hard you work on your studies, but some people dont need to study because they can easily pick up some things in an instant. A good example is my bestfriend.. He hates studying but when we want to talk about something he will just bursted out things like how Gravity works, alien theories, to school lessons when we're talking. Dont even get me wrong. I've searched most of what he said, he's right af.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

absolutely not. I have a c- in math and I could easily pull it up to a b or an a- if i wanted to. the only thing grades show is how determined you are and how much will you have. Thats not a good thing tho. Determined to live mediocrely and will to neglect what you want to do and how you want to progress.

Thanks

It does tell you about intelligence a bit though but having bad grades doesn't mean that you're dumb and vice-versa. Maybe, the tests that you did just weren't made for you. Everyone's brain is different and that's why we have different interests..etc..

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

nope high grades don't measure intelligence. “By education I mean an all-round drawing out of the best in child and man-body, mind and spirit. Literacy is not the end of education or even the beginning.” –Mahatma Gandhi
    intelligence is more than just the academic part
    Be who you want to be.

Thanks

It depends. But for the most part, NO.

Some people who are not that smart are making great effort to achieve high grades.

While others who are smart already can achieve high grades effortlessly.

And I'm neither of those two LOL.