OS Confessions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OS Confessions

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastVanguard View Post
    I have an interesting OS confession to share.

Years ago now, I found myself attracted to one of the users of this site. Between the outlook she had on life, her work ethic, and her dreams, aspirations and hobbies, who she was somehow struck a chord with me and where I was at in life at the time. After thinking things over for several days, I'd come to the decision that I should reach out and convey to her some of the influence she'd had on me, and wait.

Now, keep in mind, while I had a rough idea of where she lived (1,300 miles away) and a degree of assurance that she was who she said she was, I hadn't spoken with her personally to the extent that I knew what she looked like, or even her age. Most of her personal life was a mystery to me at the time, and all I could do was make educated guesses as to her situation in many areas.

Well, after a PM that I probably mulled over creating for more hours than I should have, she expressed an interest, and wanted to talk more. We found each other on some resources outside of OS, and got to know a bit more about the other person.

While that kindling of a relationship didn't last more than a few months (mostly due to personal problems on my part, as well as sheer distance), I feel that I grew tremendously as a person from the conversations we had and her perspective on things. We still talk on a somewhat regular basis today, and it's nice to know that she's doing alright and is progressively closer to seeing her dreams become a reality.

It's been a pleasant reminder to me that while the Internet in general tends to be a dark, miserable place - there's still some good out there if you look hard enough for it...

....and it's worth going after.

Cheers,
    LV
    Oh my God, I can totally relate with this. I, too, was interested in one person here and the memory of them being that wonderful with all the knowledge and compassion I learned from them--it's been with me throughout all the years. I have never met someone like them and that person will never know how much he meant to me. I just wish he's happy and successful.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette09 View Post
    So, deepest confessions huh? Alright, here it goes. Few people might be surprised or not, lol, that Qualtz and I became a couple. And since, I’m bored. I’ll pour out as much details as I can.

We started as moderator buddies. We both got chosen as forum moderators: him being directly given that rank, whereas I got promoted from chat to forum. We became close like brothers & sisters. He was in a long and stable relationship and I was in a middle of trials and errors. Don’t get me wrong. I was in a relationship one at a time.

Due to personal issues from his side (oh please, don’t try to dispute this), we stopped talking for over a year. I lost a brother and I mainly focused on work while still testing the waters in dating department which fails often, lol. Then around Nov. 2017, we started talking again. I am the support administrator and he’s one of the general moderators so I asked for his help…I pretty much used my authority, aha!

I found out that he’s single and he found out that I am too, then we rekindled our friendship. Catching up and all that till Feb. 13, 2018…long story short, that was when we made a promise with each other. Then, long story short again, we met for the third time on August 27, 2018 when he came home from US to spend time with me. That’s when we both felt that we’re meant for each other. We share the same hobbies, personalities (somewhat), and plans.

Going back to the present, we’re still together. To be honest, I was ready to admit that I will never have a long and serious relationship. I’ve been through a long one and it broke me to bits. No man can keep up with my plans, moods and hobbies as most guys around me prefer to travel or settle down sooner and I, well, don’t.

It’s pretty funny when the guy you treat as your brother ends up as your lover, lol. Furthermore, he brought too much sunshine in my life that I rarely drift into the deepest pit of darkness I once was heading into.

And once again, OS deepened its roots in my life. Not only this became my second home the moment I became its valued (or so I think) member, gained friends & family, I also met the one who could bring out the best in me without changing an inch of what truly makes me happy.

I can’t predict what will happen in the future, but I hope it will be bright and with him. ^^
    I am so happy for you, Ate! I never knew this but reading your confession, I'm really overjoyed by the fact that one of the women who helped shaped me as an adolescent, is doing so well in life! It makes me ecstatic because you're like the third person I know here who has met the love of their life in this website. I am giggling like a 12-year old girl and I want nothing else but for you and your partner to have more fulfilling moments together. Love wins!

On a side note, I better get off of this thread before I become too nostalgic and emotional HAHAHAHA

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I feel like I need to confess something and not just thanking the beautiful confessions that the posters above did or else I'll look like I'm just prying on their life, but it's really wonderful when someone is honest like that so I can't help but read and appreciate their posts.

Then here's my obligatory confession:
    Spoiler :