Do you struggle or give in?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Do you struggle or give in?

When in a sticky situation of being in a stick up or robbery in some random place or even when you know there is a burglar in your house what do you do?

Some people are lucky and they get to punish the culprit but often times its the other way around and lives are wasted. I'm pretty sure you've read or heard some of these stories in the news. So..

DO you struggle and fight or will you follow what they want and give anything they ask?

DO you prefer to do what you know is safe or to what you would want to do no matter how dangerous it would be?

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I will struggle and fight. Usually in this kind of situations or choices, its like all or nothing. So in the end I have to choose what I want and to not always follow the rules. Its because if I follow what people most likely to do, its like I already know what is going to happen. Like if I don't punch the hell out of the burglar, our stuff will be gone, unless if I fight.. There is a chance of getting hurt but still MY actions will be all worth it even if its dangerous even if I die.

Lol. Too long.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'd follow what they want and give anything they ask, cuz there aren't much to rob in my house, plus, I'd rather be alive than dead.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oxygen For This Useful Post:

bubbaboeey (09-10-2013)

Planeswalker
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaboeey View Post
    When in a sticky situation of being in a stick up or robbery in some random place or even when you know there is a burglar in your house what do you do?

Some people are lucky and they get to punish the culprit but often times its the other way around and lives are wasted. I'm pretty sure you've read or heard some of these stories in the news. So..

DO you struggle and fight or will you follow what they want and give anything they ask?

DO you prefer to do what you know is safe or to what you would want to do no matter how dangerous it would be?
    Depends on the situation though last time I got mugged, I fought and was fortunate enough to live to tell the tale and still keep my mobile that the thug was trying to take from me even though he had a knife pointed at my lower back.

I am just not one who'll give in to such threats.

~something cool~

Upload
    2034 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

In situations like that, I'm of the belief that most people won't know what they'll do until they're actually in that situation. We can have bravado and say yes, I'll stand up and fight but...say a bank is being held up, and you're in it. These guys just walk in with an arsenal of military grade weapons and start making demands and shooting people. Are you really going to try fighting that? If so, you're an idiot, and you'll probably end up dying sooner than you would have and, due to your idiocy, you would also be endangering the lives of others because now these criminals are both more on alert for some other idiot that might step up and because they might very well be ticked off by your short lived rebellion and will lash out at someone else. Life isn't a movie. Heroes get killed every day.

Now, in the case that it's just you and one assailant in your house does bring a bit more freedom. Depending on how big your house is, you know it's layout much better than a burglar and would proably be able to work your way around him/her without them noticing and sneaking up is a much greater possibility. Still, fighting will still rely on the weapons you and your opponent have available to you. Just remember if you live in America that once you injure them, you have to kill them.
    Last edited by badpunraptor; 09-07-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    http://i.imgur.com/dX3N3AL.png

The End-kun
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I can't stop a bank robbery or any other sort of organized crime, and even if I tried it wouldn't end well since the people who go to such lengths are determined to do anything. Well, I am confident I can fend off few punks... but, that can come back to bite me later so I'd prefer not to make such enemies. However, when a cockroach enters my house I kill it... there is nothing to think about there.

All in all, I'd rather have a peaceful life but if my hand is forced...

Anime Samurai >o<
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

The small store I work at was robbed last month. At 930 in the morning.... annnnd, of course I was working. Got held up at gun point with nobody else in the store. When he pulled the gun out, he put it on the counter and pointed it at me. Body went numb and all I could think about was lunging for it, then I snapped back into things and just did what he said. I'm glad I didn't - I wouldn't risk my life for a little under 300 dollars off my pay. But I did put myself between a guy who had a kinfe, a couple inches and about 70 pounds on me, and a friend almost year ago... and I've done so in less dangerous situations before.
    I've never froze up before though, so I am biased when I say this but I think everyone has the capability to step in and protect something they need in their life or hold in higher value than their own life.
    Last edited by screeechbud; 09-07-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I struggle and very violently to be honest. My personality is formed in that I cannot accept the fact that what is not someone's is being taken away. I get so mad that I ignore threats and clear dangers. If I couldn't struggle that much though, I'd usually stalk that person around and get what ever was mine back. I remember doing that as a kid especially when I lived in a poor neighborhood in a poor nation. I'd get mugged (yes as a kid you would get mugged from money to your shoes) and then I'd runaway after the incident but come back and begin stalking the person usually with a weapon. Now it helps that I am a 2nd degree black belt and excellent at mma which probably only gives me an excuse to fight back or stalk and then take back.
    Anger is like holding on to hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone. The only person that gets burned is you.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

i struggle then afterwards i give in

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I ALWAYS STRUGGLE !!!!!!

I'm the type that never gives-up! no matter what!!!
    "I am the ruler of my fate, And the Commander of my Soul."

Been here six years! WHOO
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I would give in if it was a robbery. I'm not trying to have my fluids blasted onto the floor because I struggled with the gun. I'd just give him the money and he'd be on his way. Sure it's not even the noble thing to do, but I have a long life ahead of me and I don't intend to be shot at point blank range. I'd probably regret it, but like I said in the end I would be alive and can live on.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badpunraptor View Post
    In situations like that, I'm of the belief that most people won't know what they'll do until they're actually in that situation. We can have bravado and say yes, I'll stand up and fight but...say a bank is being held up, and you're in it. These guys just walk in with an arsenal of military grade weapons and start making demands and shooting people. Are you really going to try fighting that? If so, you're an idiot, and you'll probably end up dying sooner than you would have and, due to your idiocy, you would also be endangering the lives of others because now these criminals are both more on alert for some other idiot that might step up and because they might very well be ticked off by your short lived rebellion and will lash out at someone else. Life isn't a movie. Heroes get killed every day.

Now, in the case that it's just you and one assailant in your house does bring a bit more freedom. Depending on how big your house is, you know it's layout much better than a burglar and would proably be able to work your way around him/her without them noticing and sneaking up is a much greater possibility. Still, fighting will still rely on the weapons you and your opponent have available to you. Just remember if you live in America that once you injure them, you have to kill them.
    You have a very good point and I must say I agree with you. Acting all heroic can result to terrible consequences not just to you but to the other people who are with you.. but i guess i'm too much of a chicken that even if i'm being robbed at my home i would probably just let them have whatever material possession I have though i'd probably alert the police or others like my neighbors through phone calls and text in some hidden place in my house..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbaboeey For This Useful Post:

badpunraptor (09-11-2013)

~something cool~

Upload
    2034 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaboeey View Post
    You have a very good point and I must say I agree with you. Acting all heroic can result to terrible consequences not just to you but to the other people who are with you.. but i guess i'm too much of a chicken that even if i'm being robbed at my home i would probably just let them have whatever material possession I have though i'd probably alert the police or others like my neighbors through phone calls and text in some hidden place in my house..
    Don't get me wrong, I don't even say any of this because I'm scared. I live in a pretty dangerous area and just walking around at night is definitely something to be nervous about, especially if you live in the apartments a little way away from my house. This definitely isn't a neighborhood you want to leave your door unlocked in. I only say it's better to just stop and listen at the time being just because it's more sensible. Quite honestly, I know for a fact I'd stand up and do something even if it killed me if it meant I was protecting someone who is very close to me, but outside of that I have something more important to me than any possession. I probably would end up beating the crap out of anyone who broke into my house though just because my dog would definitely help me.

I know...I'm pretty contradicting.

Planeswalker
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Don't get me wrong, I don't even say any of this because I'm scared. I live in a pretty dangerous area and just walking around at night is definitely something to be nervous about, especially if you live in the apartments a little way away from my house. This definitely isn't a neighborhood you want to leave your door unlocked in. I only say it's better to just stop and listen at the time being just because it's more sensible. Quite honestly, I know for a fact I'd stand up and do something even if it killed me if it meant I was protecting someone who is very close to me, but outside of that I have something more important to me than any possession. I probably would end up beating the crap out of anyone who broke into my house though just because my dog would definitely help me.

I know...I'm pretty contradicting.
    I wouldn't say you're statements are contradicting but then again, it's choosing your battles. If for example I was held at gun point and then there were a few more accomplices then I don't think I'd even make an attempt to struggle unless there was some feasible way for me to outsmart them or win against the situation. I think it's a case to case basis. Like in my case 6 years back, I got a knife pointed at my waist while the thug was trying to get me to give him my mobile with his arms around his shoulders but instead of giving in, I still decided to struggle due to a number of factors with the first knowing that the thug was alone (or so I thought at that time), and second I knew I could ask for help around the corner in case things get messy, and three, well, maybe I was just nuts to begin with. End result, thug told me to stay put and he'll let me go and I did what he told me and he did as he said he would. He walked away and rode on the tricycle that was waiting for him and then I just gave them the finger.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to satsuirakuen For This Useful Post:

badpunraptor (09-11-2013)

OS Patron

Upload
    1210 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satsuirakuen View Post
    I wouldn't say you're statements are contradicting but then again, it's choosing your battles. If for example I was held at gun point and then there were a few more accomplices then I don't think I'd even make an attempt to struggle unless there was some feasible way for me to outsmart them or win against the situation. I think it's a case to case basis. Like in my case 6 years back, I got a knife pointed at my waist while the thug was trying to get me to give him my mobile with his arms around his shoulders but instead of giving in, I still decided to struggle due to a number of factors with the first knowing that the thug was alone (or so I thought at that time), and second I knew I could ask for help around the corner in case things get messy, and three, well, maybe I was just nuts to begin with. End result, thug told me to stay put and he'll let me go and I did what he told me and he did as he said he would. He walked away and rode on the tricycle that was waiting for him and then I just gave them the finger.
    That is quite a frightening experience and I am sorry to hear that you were placed in that situation. You were quite brave though which is admirable. I am going to have to agree with Badpunraptor for the first paragraph that they wrote. You can never really know what your reaction would be until put in that situation and as previously said it does depend a lot on the situation. For example, if your family is involved or if it is just you involved. Their danger would be something to consider. I would like to believe that I would be brave in these situations but it is hard to tell.
    Last edited by Bunislipper; 09-11-2013 at 04:02 AM.

Planeswalker
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bunislipper View Post
    That is quite a frightening experience and I am sorry to hear that you were placed in that situation. You were quite brave though which is admirable. I am going to have to agree with Badpunraptor for the first paragraph that they wrote. You can never really what your reaction would be until put in that situation and as previously said it does depend a lot on the situation. For example, if your family is involved or if it is just you involved. Their danger would be something to consider. I would like to believe that I would be brave in these situations but it is hard to tell.
    Or probably nuts or even stupid. lol I would also agree with your statement Buni. It's really different when you're in the actual situation rather than trying to answer based on a hypothetical situation. Getting mug through knife point is very different from being held hostage or having your love ones threatened.

~something cool~

Upload
    2034 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Or probably nuts or even stupid. lol I would also agree with your statement Buni. It's really different when you're in the actual situation rather than trying to answer based on a hypothetical situation. Getting mug through knife point is very different from being held hostage or having your love ones threatened.
    Truth in it's finest form. And I agree, it really is more about knowing when to pick your battles than anything else. If you aren't positive that you can make a difference by putting your own life on the line then it's probably better if you don't. Most people, especially men, probably wouldn't be able to sit there while loved ones are threatened. But if standing up will put them in more danger when you fail...I really don't know. I couldn't possibly want to do nothing in that situation but..what to do?

In short, I really hope none of us ever has to find out.

OS Patron

Upload
    1210 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I am sure that everyone's reactions would change slightly when the situation involves their loved ones in potential danger. Every move would be a crucial one and could either save a life or kill many. Of course though, the same applies for when it is just you yourself in that circumstance. Every move you make could be the move that saves you or kills you but far more pressure is put on your shoulders when the word 'many' is tangled up in the situation. I don't wish for this to happen to any of you guys though. That would be horrid.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunislipper For This Useful Post:

satsuirakuen (09-11-2013)

~something cool~

Upload
    2034 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I am sure that everyone's reactions would change slightly when the situation involves their loved ones in potential danger. Every move would be a crucial one and could either save a life or kill many. Of course though, the same applies for when it is just you yourself in that circumstance. Every move you make could be the move that saves you or kills you but far more pressure is put on your shoulders when the word 'many' is tangled up in the situation. I don't wish for this to happen to any of you guys though. That would be horrid.
    I find it hilarious that we posted the same kind of response in such close proximity to each other and both ended with "I hope it doesn't happen for any of us." Our similarities my dear, are uncanny :)

Planeswalker
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Truth in it's finest form. And I agree, it really is more about knowing when to pick your battles than anything else. If you aren't positive that you can make a difference by putting your own life on the line then it's probably better if you don't. Most people, especially men, probably wouldn't be able to sit there while loved ones are threatened. But if standing up will put them in more danger when you fail...I really don't know. I couldn't possibly want to do nothing in that situation but..what to do?

And this is the moral of the story for all of us. For those who haven't experienced it, they're lucky and hopefully they don't have to go through such an ordeal. For those who experienced it and who got out in one piece then well, they're probably luckier and hopefully, they wouldn't need such luck anymore in the future.

I agree with this. I also wish the same to everyone else here. I already had found myself in such situations or rather, dangerous situations and trust me, they're not pleasant experiences at all and luckily, I was able to get away with my life.