What makes an anime good or interesting?
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Hontouni atama ni kuru :| Keir06's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

For me:

(1) A great storyline,
    (2) Room for character development, or at least, well-made characters.

There are lots more, but for me, those two are integral as to how interesting the anime would be.
    Another important factor would be a "hook" a lot, or most of the best anime have this certain thing that draws us into being consumed by it.

Spirit mound covered swampland between two lakes
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I have no idea. I could say all types of things about plot or characters. But there is so much range in anime in terms of moods, themes, animation, plots, subjects,etc. I can't really say what makes an anime interesting to me. There are anime with completely one dimensional characters or totally predictable plots that I still really like. Sure I like interesting characters, well thought out plots or plots that don't follow some predictable set genera standard pattern, but an anime can have all of those and I still might find it boring or un-enjoyable, or it could have none of those and be interesting hilarious thought provoking or just fun to watch. There are to many different styles of storytelling for there to be any certain formula or requirement.
    Sometimes an anime can make some random combination of things work brilliantly that for any other writer would have turned out terribly.
    So the only thing that makes anime interesting for me is that I happen to find it interesting.

Gao~ :3
    Upload
    1 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Mine:
    1. Character development

2. Decent, not copy-paste plot/setting.

Thanks

What makes an anime interesting is definitely its story, characters, the characters development and the dialouge.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama