Yosh! Let's make an animated gif! (For Avatars or Signatures) Version 2!
    OS Vampire

Upload
    1795 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 361 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Yosh! Let's make an animated gif! (For Avatars or Signatures) Version 2!

I had another version of making animated avatars here: Click~

But then I think video avatar doesn't work there (although you could still look for other ways to get them) I found an easier way to make an animated gif taken from a video and its by using photoshop.

You will need:
    Format Factory: https://www.pcfreetime.com/ <---they changed the site name OwO
    Adobe Photoshop CS... Idunno I think CS5 and CS6 would surly work.

Steps for Formatfactory:
    1. Convert whatever video you want to avi(even it its avi) by clicking alltoavi button
    2. I'll just quote it from my old thread, *laziness ftw*
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilapia Kitteh Overlord
    2. Convert the video into .avi format if its not in this format. Using Format factory, click on the avi button as shown here:
    Spoiler :  

3. Click on add file as shown here and choose the vid you want:
    Spoiler :  

4. After selecting, click on options and this will show up:
    Spoiler :  

Well all you see is black but I dont know why that is...anyways it would play your vid automatically...what you do here is to press start time button a few seconds before the part of the video you want to make into an avatar
    Spoiler :  

Then press the End Time button a few seconds after the part/scene you wanna use :D
    Spoiler :  

5. Afterwards press okay and it will return you to the previous window...just press OK above the add file button and it will return you to the first screen with this:
    Spoiler :  

the red lines show what you are converting :)) and the blue lines indicate what to press XD

6. after pressing start it will begin converting...once it is finished click on the output folder button to locate the file you've converted and paste it to your desktop to make things easier...
    Spoiler :  
    Steps fot Photoshop
    1. Open the video using photoshop and let it load it'll take a while I think maybe 2-3 minutes. It depends on how large the video is.
    2. Resize the video, Image--->image size---> turn the width to 180 pixels or the height to 300 pixels the only important thing is that none of the width or height exceeds 180px or 300 px (remember to constrain proportions) or crop if you need to (yes the video won't be affected)

Picture: https://i.imgur.com/Xw82wVK.png

3. After you're satisfied click on file--> save for web then Change the looping options to forever.

Picture: https://i.imgur.com/E37LXz6.png

You have created an animated gif! Btw, if you saw the pic above my filesize is bigger than 180 pixels because I wasn't aiming for an avatar this can be used for signatures here is my output below:

The only drawback for this is that you are only limited to 977 kb I think if its an avatar so its either you have a small image with a long animation or a large image with a very short animation.

For signatures you could use [img] tags instead so that you wouldn't be limited by filesize.

Guys I'm a retired staff member, don't come to me for username changes anymore xD its funny having to reply to personal messages 3 months old HAHAHA

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Kobowo For This Useful Post:

aalomarnaki (08-27-2015), aliezabalan (08-23-2015), anwiederins (08-21-2015), conuescarein (08-20-2015), erin92 (07-10-2014), Fall3nAng3l (08-14-2013), Fuzzy Dice (04-30-2013), InSoulFallen (02-16-2013), Kisae (02-16-2013), Kotetsu Tanaka (02-16-2013), Lady Ardent (03-25-2016), lihaldarr (08-23-2015), lntidwellra (08-18-2015), Louise Chan (05-27-2014), seaksluan (08-21-2015), ticottetha (08-21-2015), tuquintiffa (08-22-2015)

OS Blonde Perv~
    Upload
    530 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i shall bookmark this and experiment with diffrent kinds of videos thank you for this

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to InSoulFallen For This Useful Post:

zdcruzeclif (08-28-2015)

Circle Swiiinnnggg☆☆☆ Fuzzy Dice's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Oh, I'm surprise that this kind of thread existed, and its locked hidden away, I was just streaming on the graphics section, then I saw this...
    Anyway, this was helpful, it make me learn something new about avatars and signatures, how to animate them the way you want...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy Dice For This Useful Post:

Barrel Rider
    Thanks

Thanks for the info :D but how can i add it, i addedone but it's just an image.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eNduro For This Useful Post:

aliezabalan (08-23-2015), lihaldarr (08-23-2015)

Kawaii Alluka's Onii-chan

Kukuroo Mountain, Dentora, Republic of Padokia
    Upload
    578 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eNduro View Post
    Is your avatar file extension .gif? Can you link it here? And make sure to follow the file dimension and size for uploading avatar, 180 by 300 pixels or 1.91 MB.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xuei0000 For This Useful Post:

lihaldarr (08-23-2015)

♥Panda Princess♥

Upload
    242 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eNduro View Post
    was the end .gif?
    Procrastinator by day. Insomiac by night ♥

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jillaimay For This Useful Post:

lihaldarr (08-23-2015)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Coool