Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Define love

♥Panda Princess♥

Upload
    242 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Love makes me stupid and a martyr. A stupid martyr. But there also this thing called Brotherly/sisterly love as well as Parent's love for children and friend's love. Uhmm.. I will sign up for a love the relationship kind when the word "serious" is the trend again
    Procrastinator by day. Insomiac by night ♥

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jillaimay For This Useful Post:

Princess Mei (09-14-2015), raynerharl (09-13-2015)

The Archaic Time Machine Xsemit's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Love is when you kick a puppy

and it returns wagging its tail with loving eyes like you never kicked it
    The term archaic time machine brings about the concept of reversal.

just like my life every week

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Xsemit For This Useful Post:

Eminence (09-11-2015)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Love is a strong admiration for something/someone. Being physically attracted to someone is just body chemistry.

Sleepy Web Developer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

In lust & admiration, you value a person's qualities regardless of their life. In love, you value that person's life regardless of the qualities.

Thanks

Love is a choice. If you have to go for it, you must be prepared to get hurt cause in other to get a rainbow you have to go through storms as well

Gao~ :3
    Upload
    1 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It's hard to describe.
    I like to think love as an endless pool of water.

It surrounds us. We each have a choice when it comes to love. Do we stay above it? Do we keep ourselves dry from it? or, Do we dive in? Do we let it engulf ourselves? If we are floating above it in boats, all we can do is just wave to others. Never really connecting to anyone. Whereas, if we go swimming in it, we can enjoy it fully with others.

=>LURKER OF THE DARK OS<=
    Upload
    195 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

love is a signal for me to realize that i have found someone worthy of my time and attention !:)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Love comes in different forms. There's love for family, friends, and for someone who you wish to be with you for the rest of your life.

Agave Love = love for family, whoever deity you worship (me, I'm agnostic. but catholic at birth, parents won't allow me to renounce), and love for yourself (originally belongs in a different category but I just think it's the same).
    Familial Love (could be wrong with the name) = Love for friends, and country.
    Consummate Love = Love reciprocated with someone you wish to be with you for the rest of your life.

* if it's not consummate then it's a desire... could be called love but it's borderline to familial love and consummate love, but it's classified as a desire since it is difficult to differentiate from love to lust, sometimes. These are all based in our Theology class, might not work or be called in some other way in your sect if you belong to another one. But I'm sure as heck would love to hear how your sect or culture defines love.

But if you want a definition from me without any use of my knowledge, I'd say love for another person is something that's fleeting.
    Why?
    Know that love for another comes in many forms.

Love in it's purest form is forgiving of all flaws, selfless, still caring even if he/she was hurt by the same person, considerate, understanding... basically it's the warmest feeling you can feel. Something we all desire but the denizens of this selfish world cannot give for all have different agenda... true consummate love is difficult to achieve, I did say difficult not impossible.

Love can also be partially corrupted. It can be selfish, it can do things half-heartedly, it can be blind to truth, and it can be cold. Relationships go through this sometimes more than once in a while.

Lust, is not a form of love but a form of desire. However, love can be formed out of lust. As you desire a person and begin to uncover and accept more bits and pieces of that person you begin to love that person.

This is my own definition of it, Cruel Love. You one-sidedly care, give all your time, and hope for that person's welfare... but the other does not reciprocate due to various personal reasons. In the end it could turn out as hate or something else I've not gone there yet... but most of the time the person who experiences it will feel they are being taken for granted, unloved, invaluable to the other person... however, it is not entirely the other person's fault. They who love this way are at fault because they never had any love for themselves, they lacked dignity, and self-respect; and through acceptance of this, only will they learn that they should love themselves and those who support them.

Hate, is the complete opposite of love but can also be caused by love (not all feelings of hate are caused by love. I.e: Hatred towards A.F. Hitler by Americans). Intense feelings of love that is unreciprocated, cheated on, and anything that is just a horrible way to treat another person's love can cause hate. One would never hate if they never felt so betrayed, unappreciated, undervalued, and etc. where do all these stem from? Love or admiration, take your pick... too bad we don't have a topic for admiration god knows what I'll do to it. It is through intense love that is mistreated that one will or might expresses hatred. But it can also be worked around and be turned into love once more if given sufficient effort, quality care, giving the person a sense of resolution, and acceptance of one's own shortcomings and mistakes.
    *Last part, it does not have to be consummate love. It could be transformed into familial love. But limits have to be made in order for the other person to stop hoping for a chance in consummate love... this does also mean that once you do this it's firmly etched in that person that you are only friends or of people with shared goals, transforming it into consummate love if you wish it to from the said stage will be very difficult but will never be impossible, unless they are pot committed to another.

Also, know that love isn't consistent. That's why I said it was fleeting. The feeling of being loved isn't always there, taken from the line in Dishonored's theme song "Honor for all" it liken's love fleeting feeling to be "At distant aroma at best". It's because it's not something that's one-hit "bam!" then now it's permanent... if it was, nobody would ever cheat in their partners. It's something that has to be constantly given sufficient effort and time, because even the most fragrant flower would die with out any form of nourishment and no plant is ever an exception to the rule; what more if we were to compare it to relationships? That's why relationships should never be taken for granted, because there might come a day that the things you took for granted will be lost to you forever. You can't have another plant of the same specie if you let that plant die unless you have seeds, question is how much time was wasted?

Dear TS,
    You asked for this. I hope this suffices your demands.
    Last edited by Argetlahm; 09-15-2015 at 07:58 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Argetlahm For This Useful Post:

Jiyu Kajitsu (09-20-2015)

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It's when you really care for that person, happy or sad when they are, and willing to go the extra mile if that can help them in any way

OS Benefactor
    Thanks

The Greek language has 5 types of love. Family love, general love, eros- Which type are you talking about?

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Right now I believe love is pain. It's beautiful pain but pain none the less.

Thanks

We dwelling on philosophy now? Ah for me love is a feeling where you have the sudden realization of really being with someone, that feeling where you wanna protect her and be with her, that feeling where you're so scared that he or she will leave you for someone, someone you wanna grow old with. For me that's love.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama