• Try to cheer her up

234 57.21%
  • Others... (Please state the details)

88 21.52%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default [POLL] Mind Games

Edit: My situation is resolved. However you all are still free to discuss "Mind Games" If you wish ^o^"

Mind games are tricks BOTH boys and girls would use to attract attentions I assume.

I really don't understand why people would do such immature things.
    I raged a bit last night because there is this girl in our skype group chat keeps
    acting hot/cold towards people espicially me. (Also known as a Tsundere ._.)

She didn't go on for 2 days in the skype group chat so in these 2 days I kept chatting with people who goes online in that group chat merely to avoid having the group chat dead, mostly only girls in that chat talked with me and are the ones striking up conversations. We had fun chatting among others and I was still happy in these 2 days. But last night this girl went on and she raged at me because she claims that "I and the others were having alot of fun and say that she isn't needed in that chat"

I felt annoyed and sad at the same time.
    Seriously, what's that supposed to mean really?

What do you guys think about this?

My first choice was to ignore her until she started talking with me again or she isn't playing anymore.

But still what would you do if you are involved into this situation?

**P.S: And YES, I do HATE mind games, it drives me crazy and it's plain mental abuse. A little bit is fine for me but it gets frustrating afterwards**

Should I -
    1) Ignore her
    2) Try to constantly talk with her to cheer her up
    3) Others... *Please state it*

I would be more happier if you all state your opinions rather than voting and leave the thread.
    Last edited by Nokino; 11-11-2012 at 02:41 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokino For This Useful Post:

Dreanski (11-11-2012), johnjazer12 (11-14-2012)

OS' Red-Haired Adventurer KusanagiShir's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'd try to bond with her and maybe go out with her, but that's just me
    Otaku Streamers' unofficial #1 Ys fan & Expert

Visit My Backloggery!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KusanagiShir For This Useful Post:

johnjazer12 (11-14-2012), Nokino (11-08-2012)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

in my opinion, she's just seeking attention and wants to be noticed. Or at least it looks this whay to me from what you've told. Tho i might be wrong... So I'd tell you to talk to her in private chat (or smth) and try to clear things up. And then see what happens... She could either sincerely feel lonely or just might be a person that feasts on attention.... Still it's only my opinion...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dfgzb For This Useful Post:

Child Of Feral Seas Flametongue's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well, in my stand, I would say its not your fault why she's like that really. She wasn't on at that time while you and the others were having fun. So why would she get rage at you ? :O If you want to get peace with her, well you can talk or explain, no choice but if it gets on your nerves, and think she wouldn't understand, then ignore it. But still it's only my opinion.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flametongue For This Useful Post:

黒月
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Lightbulb Depends on your feelings

If she doesn't matter to you, ignore her.
    If she does, suck it up and cheer her up. To me it seems like she's interested in you and she just said that to spite you, if that's the case, she must've been sulking.

Well, just do what you feel like doing, I think it depends a lot on your character.
    I'm the flirtatious type, so I'd just chat her up and have fun with her my own way.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kris Luna For This Useful Post:

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I would Ignore, but I don't particularly like women I have to babysit to keep happy.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MCoftheD For This Useful Post:

Child Of Feral Seas Flametongue's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Just don't worry too much about her .. Haha XD

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flametongue For This Useful Post:

OS Supporter
    in a very crouded place with lots of flames and high tempreturs also know as hell
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i would tell her straight off the bat yes she where not needed for you guys to have fun as thats the truth but because i cant hurt a person like that i would properly say it a little diffrent something like: "its true that we had fun as you weren't here so you are not needed for use to have fun but that dont mean we dont like it when you are here haveing fun with us" or something like that

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Korsbaek For This Useful Post:

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Firstly, thank you all who voted and most importantly the ones who commented on this thread, you guys are the best. :)

Here's what I think - If you have something in mind, then don't be afraid to spout it out to me. I seriously don't mind at all.
    But it is rude and childish to see her using this method to attract attention to me because it is
    very emotional hurtful. :/
    Oh well~ Since the majority of the qtpies here voted the second option, I will try it on her then when she comes on again.

Feel free to discuss the matter further, the more response I get the more confident I will feel :)...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nokino For This Useful Post:

johnjazer12 (11-14-2012)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

"she isn't needed in that chat"

people like to feel needed, maybe she wanted you to miss her, it's nice to hear that someone thought about you when you were gone

personally, i'de just flirt with her until she came around and got over it, make her laugh, i just flirt with all women it breaks tension, or causes it, either way im a psych major and i'm having fun

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karma1143 For This Useful Post:

johnjazer12 (11-14-2012), Nokino (11-09-2012)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

hah... yes I know this feeling

anyway since I'm not good with people, just ignore her

...but that's just too cruel, my sister said that girls needs more attention more that I thought they was, so at least learn what her reason for not getting online first, she probably had a reason and suddenly wants some company. if none still welcome her to the group~ the more the merrier as they say.

...I should not make this reply long so I'll fly~~

Spoiler :  

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LordNight For This Useful Post:

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ignore her, maybe that girl wants your attention. so that's why she's acting that way..

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reese109 For This Useful Post:

~ â™  Neko Prince â™  ~ azura959's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

women always need attention . spend more time with her and be considerate brother..
    Spoiler for My Siggy

Spoiler for My Guild's siggy

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azura959 For This Useful Post:

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

:O

Oh and yeah,
    For your information,
    I know this girl for like almost a year now and we are considered to be very close friend.
    This kind of drama did happen before:

She just being cold and mean to the whole members in the group chat one day, and so
    I didn't bother the group chat anymore hence I did not post ANY messages the group chat at all
    in that day.

She kept acting like that in the group chat and after a while, the group chat was silence due to her
    current attitude. She then suddenly pm me in skype saying:
    "OK"
    "I will leave then"
    "So that"
    "You can chat :D"
    -dc'd-

And my reaction was " ._. "
    Basically, I can tell she was impatient and waiting desperately for my responses. Frankly speaking, this hasn't happened and she wasn't like this in the first few months, this has only happened just recently.
    I was like "What on earth is in her mind to be honest?"

Edit: Sorry for being a bit off topic :/ and lol now the poll system is starting to get even eh....tough decision is tough xD, espicially all of comments sound reasonable :p
    Last edited by Nokino; 11-09-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

If that's how you feel confront her with your feels. Ignoring her is just playing your own mind game and trying to play hers is already not on your to do list it seems.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Devnity For This Useful Post:

Nokino (11-09-2012)

Hontouni atama ni kuru :| Keir06's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well as for someone who loves playing mind games my number 1 option would be to ignore her.
    But give some conditions; for example do you like her? or do you think she likes you? Is her attitude always like that? does she show consistency emotion-wise?

Be straightforward as much as possible (Well, if that is your personality) or just ask her what's wrong.. unless she has PMS man, don't piss her off HAHAHA! that just comes in nature. Goodluck man.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Keir06 For This Useful Post:

Nokino (11-09-2012)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

^
    @Keir

Um, if you scroll up and look at the additional informations, you could see she has only acted this way recently... and wasn't like this during the first few months. :/

I do like her big times because she has a lot of personality.
    To be blunt, I'm not sure whether she likes me. But what I do know is whenever I have to log out or go off to bed
    she said "You make me smile", "I dreamt about you so I thought I'd let you know"

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I would gently rebuke her by saying something like, “What do you mean? Do you want us to be miserable when you’re not on? Just because we have fun when you’re not on does not mean that you add nothing to our group/chat and we enjoy talking with you. At the very least I want you to be happy even when you’re not talking with me. Why is it so bad for us to be happy?

I would be very careful about totally ignoring her unless you don’t care about her at all or it becomes obvious that she is trying to be manipulative (and she is not doing it because she’s hurt) in which case you could let her know you don’t like to be manipulated and you’ll talk to her when she stops trying to manipulate you. Or you could confront her every time she tries to be manipulative with something like “You’re being manipulative again I enjoy talking with you but I won’t be miserable just because you want me to be.

I’d also be careful of being only nice and comforting without letting her know that you can be happy and have fun without her and that even well that is so she still adds to the group and the group can have even more fun with her.

For what it’s worth, from what you have said I think she is either manipulative or really insecure and getting her self-worth from how much others have fun when she’s there and how little fun they have when she’s not there.

In the end I can’t really tell if she is insecure or manipulative, but I hope at least some of my words might be a little useful to you. Also I agree with dfgzb that talking in private chat and trying to clear things up would be best.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Whitewolf22 For This Useful Post:

Nokino (11-09-2012)

Creepypasta Hunter Death Master's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

You know its better to cheer her up instead of ignoring her. Even its her fault you have to do something good to make it better and end that frustration. And its also like in this situation you just dump to somebody and he/she the one bump you, then you'll be the one to say 'sorry'. The feeling its quite different when you go for positive than make him/her say 'sorry' first. And then it will be alright afterwards no hard feelings left. :)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

if she is like tsundere just keep talking to her and she will open up to u in time