Ongoing Long Anime vs Ongoing Short Anime
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Question Ongoing Long Anime vs Ongoing Short Anime

Most of us enjoy watching anime and some anime are just "too long " i guess different seasond are being added and it keeps on going on ... until today but if your given a chance between the long ongoing anime than the short ones ? what would you choose?

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'll go with long ongoing anime.
    There is a reason for it being long running. It's popular and and story isn't cliche.
    Most new titles have either boring story lines or overused character attributes. With the long anime I can keep enjoying the characters and watch new adventures unfold as they grow and mature.
    Titles like Fairly Tail and D. Gray-Man are those that I hope continue adding new seasons.

Although there are a ton of short anime titles that have ended a bit sudden and could use an additional season to properly end it.
    Spoiler for Old Sig

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoozy19 For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-24-2012)

Lift Heavy~

Upload
    28 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I would choose Long Going anime. Because most of the long going anime's to me are a lot better than the short ones. The longer ones gave a better time telling the story and you get to really understand and know the characters. Short anime's are usually rushed and a lot of times the story makes no since. I feel all anime's should be at least 25 episodes or more so the story can play out and it won't be rushed all in 12 episodes like so many anime's are today.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Free For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-24-2012)

Upload
    1252 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Short.

Short anime might have tons of cliche or overused concept but also short anime has better story and char. development. Its a fact that most award winning anime won awards for their contents as well. Add to that most of highly appreciated anime in both fandom and outside fandom anime society has a limited number of episodes that likes ranging from 11-26.

so yeah I do prefer short anime with seasonal title to show a break on its content.

"The trick to running is to stay M-A-D. M for 'move ever forward'. A for 'always accelerate', and D for 'dash and don't stop'. If you don't follow those rules, you'll be doing the same thing tomorrow." - Owari no Chronicle

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mlcdl For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-24-2012)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Long ongoing anime. A lot of people still watch and love them, that's why they're still ongoing. There are usually a lot of twist that make them awesome and it's awesome because the creators still manage to surprise us with more twists. You'll never know what happens next.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wanderweiss For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-25-2012)

OS Patron

Upload
    1210 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlcdl View Post
    Short.

Short anime might have tons of cliche or overused concept but also short anime has better story and char. development. Its a fact that most award winning anime won awards for their contents as well. Add to that most of highly appreciated anime in both fandom and outside fandom anime society has a limited number of episodes that likes ranging from 11-26.

so yeah I do prefer short anime with seasonal title to show a break on its content.
    I completely agree with Mlcdl here. The development in my opinion is far better. I get majorly bored with ongoing anime because I feel like sometimes it goes overboard especially with the fillers. I would much rather there be a break in the anime rather than 15 episodes of fillers.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunislipper For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-25-2012)

is 16.5‘ing FiQ5149 ~

Dazzling The Stage ~ Visual Novels: 356 Played Heroines/Girls:1,992 Conquered
    Upload
    288 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries

Both~ I don't mind watching both Ongoing Long and Short Anime Series. Both have their own reasons for being long or short. Be it the Concept, Cliche, Contents, Story, and Character Development. Both have their own advantage and disadvantages too. Like how Ongoing Long Series tends to bore watchers because of their so called "Fillers". They sometimes don't stick to the Original Plot and sway from the story. It is in fact exciting, but many watchers wouldn't like it. When a certain Arc ends, they try so hard to make another New "Connecting Arc" as to progress the story more. Even though they can end it with that Arc, they tend to make another one to compete with other Ongoing Long Anime Series. As for Short Ongoing Series, they rushed the Series too fast because of short episodes. They rushed things a lot and have tons of cliche and overused concept which makes it a little interesting and disappointing at the same time.

Personally, different people prefers different things. As for me, I watch both Ongoing Long and Short Anime Series~

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sora Kasugano For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-25-2012)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Both.
    If it's interesting and every single episode that comes out keeps me wanting to watch more then that's all it matters. But a lot of the Ongoing Long Anime, in my opinion, it gets to a point when some of the episodes are boring. In short anime that doesn't happen because the history goes faster so there's a lot of things going on in just one episode, I like that. :)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kiikzzy For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-26-2012)

OS Blonde Perv~
    Upload
    530 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Short going anime because long going anime are sometimes boring because of dang fillers i hate fillers

17. The Following User Says Thank You to InSoulFallen For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-28-2012)

Anime Samurai >o<
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'd rather short because more stories, characters and such (even though there are many cliches) and long animes can drag while short generally are a decent pace. but I just can't see myself giving up long ones I've watched. If suddenly Fairy Tail, Fullmetal, Gintama, One Piece, D. Grayman... suddenly disappeared and ceased to exist I dunno what I'd do. They hold so much more emotional weight due to their length.. I feel like I'm cornered into deciding to keep long anime even though 9 times outta 10 I'd rather watch short animes.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to screeechbud For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-31-2012)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Ongoing Long anime. because you can enjoy more of the things that anime can give. unlike short they only compress other scene's like battle fight or love seen.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to shylent2009 For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-31-2012)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Long On going anime for me. not only I can enjoy it more. but also I can still watch them with new stories. short anime is good too, but it's too short. and of course it's kinda depressing seeing one of your fave anime about to end.
    Common sense is so rare it should be classified as a super power

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeanga For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-31-2012)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Short Anime :D So that I could watch tons of them and complete them quickly. Without waiting for the new episodes ( except for some )
    Yuri for Life

25. The Following User Says Thank You to TimmyTheKyot For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-31-2012)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I would say a short anime. No offense to any Bleach fans out there but that is a perfect example of an anime that should of been finished a long time ago. I watched it for awhile but then they kept adding and adding to it. So, I had to quit watching it because I started to dislike the characters.
    Spoiler :  

27. The Following User Says Thank You to DyskoFox For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-31-2012)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ongoing long anime.. because there's a chance that I will wait for the next episode, and I keep thinking what should the next plot will be etc.. :) and it's not quite boring.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to reese109 For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (10-31-2012)

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Upload
    1719 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 331 Posts
    Blog Entries

I refuse to watch long-running series for three reasons:

1.) The characters and stories quickly become stale for me;
    2.) I don't have the time to spare;
    3.) Nearly all long-running series fall under the shounen classification, and I find shows of that genre to be insipid, annoying, and shallow.

I prefer to watch short series for all of the reasons members before me have already listed. It baffles me that people are willing to invest their time watching a 100+ episode series. Not even when I was a child/teenager could I tolerate watching the same characters and same setting over and over and over. No matter how "well written" a story is purported to be, it is inevitable that it will fold back on itself and become repetitious.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ceres For This Useful Post:

jajakawaii (11-10-2012), maychidhie (11-06-2012)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

For me, it doesn't matter if it is long or short, As long as it has great story and characters. Like Angel Beats, it is short but the story and events was implanted on my mind until now. The only advantage of long running series is that, they can give you a better understanding regarding the personality of the characters. And every event is seen in complete details. The only problem with long running series is the time. I've got no time to wait for just to see the next episode again which is sometimes a repetition of some of the events from the previous episode. And yeah I forgot. Long running series also contains fillers, which I kinda hate.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to thermonuke For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (11-06-2012)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Definitely ongoing short anime because animes One Piece, Fairy Tail & Naruto you do not know when it is going to on and can drag on forever

35. The Following User Says Thank You to ranmachua For This Useful Post:

maychidhie (11-06-2012)

RP Union Head
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I like both because short ongoing animes can be great with story, character, humour etc. But they can't always show everything they want, in the time they were given. However long ongoing animes do have the time to do almost anything, but this normally results in many flashbacks and fillers. Also when a short anime ends I dont get as emotional as when a long one ends. For example I cried when Hitman Reborn ended, but with certain short ones, I didn't get as attached to the characters

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i would prefer short anime due to it is continued in its next season
    long ongoing ones just gets cancelled as soon as the story get boring and no gets it