Are Anime Series Better Than Anime Movies?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    The Artistic Writer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I would definitely say both. I love my anime and I love my movies. I have watched anime movies based on series because I enjoyed the series; I also watch the stand alone movies as well. My favorites are Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky - most Studio Ghibli films actually :) I am planning on checking out The Boy and the Beast because it looks amazing. I can't wait for the Spirited Away sequel
    Take on the world with a smile because "happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light." Albus Dumbledore

The Inspector
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

If a series I watch has a movie, I usually don't watch it. I feel they're a waste of time since in my experience, movies are almost a recap of the season or they don't progress the story at all.

The only movies I've watched are Naruto and Bleach movies just cuz they're usually a good story in themselves and they have great action.
    OSchabo Brigade

Thanks

I prefer Anime series though since the story can go well since it has a lot of episodes, I only like Anime movies when I just want to watch something with my family or friends.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I love both and each has it's own pro's. With a series you can have greater over arching plots while still maintaining "watchability" (made it up) if you get bored and want a quick fix. With movies you can create essentially a super long episode that allows you to delve deeper into the minor details of multiple characters without muddying up the plot. And the best part is both can build off of each other.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

In my opinion, nothing is superior but there are works that are definitely inferior to some but it really depends on the people who are working on the series/movies.