Are "Moe" Shows the Cancer of the Anime Industry?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

having "moe" is cute, attractive, and very common on todays generation of anime. many Otakus,(but not all) mostly, i assume, that they like moe animes.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by budex View Post
    having "moe" is cute, attractive, and very common on todays generation of anime. many Otakus,(but not all) mostly, i assume, that they like moe animes.
    Would you kindly stop posting on threads that had been dormant for two years?
    The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh

marshmello's
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbee View Post
    They may be cancer, but I can't stop watching them. I may be a girl, but we like watching cute girls doing cute things too. Lucky Star, K-On, Ichigo Mashimaro, Hidamari Sketch, GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class, Minami-ke, Yotsubato!, Yuru Yuri, Nichijou, ACCHI FREAKING KOCCHI, Mitsudomoe (well, this, Minami-ke, Nichijou, Acchi Kocchi and Yotsubato have couple of males), Kill Me Baby, Hyakko... I COULD GO ON FOREVER.

Of course, anime with plot always wins out. However, it's refreshing to see these kinds of anime too. As long as they aren't ONLY coming out with "moe" shows, then I'm perfectly content.

I like watching animes with moe/cute girls too but yes, the plot is what's important :) So what if the characters are adorable if the plot itself doesn't even make sense?

Thanks

Every seasonal series always has MOE, A lot of people, mainly lonely people always gets attracted to this thing called "MOE", it saves the industry so I wouldn't really call it cancer.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen Senpai View Post

I like watching animes with moe/cute girls too but yes, the plot is what's important :) So what if the characters are adorable if the plot itself doesn't even make sense?
    Ye yeah I agree, I don't mind moe too much but sometimes it kinda irritates me but I don't really wanna call it a cancer since it kinda still saves the anime industry.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

As long as there is substance and their character has a decent back story and depth I won't complain. I have nothing against them being cute but if that's all they have going for them it kinda makes me sick.