What anime never fails to make you cry?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Anyone have anything recent, or different outside of the usual suspects of feels anime?

Thanks

Recently I've been rewatching Your Name and god no matter how much I rewatch It, it never really fails to make me tear up

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Spoiler :  

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

A classic would be Angel Beats and Clannad obvi. But Koro-sensei's death is just o(???)o
    Signature

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Absolutly without a doubt Clannad After story. The over arcing story is so cutsey sweet and then the After Story starts and......its just to much. If thats not good enough they bring you back up to ahh so sweet and then rip your heart out.
    Life is but a dream, and death but the dreamer awakening.

OS Supporter
    Thanks

I've cried from watching Your Lie in April, Wolf Children, Glass Mask (2005), Jojo Stardust Crusaders & Golden Wind, FMAB, Rumbling Hearts, Kiki's Delivery Service, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Kids on the Slope.

These are ones that have some sad moments that made me sad sometimes because of my connection that I made with the characters.

They almost feel like my children you know what I mean?
    (And the funny thing is that I legit don't have kids. I just want so much happiness for the characters that I have grown to love from these stories.)

Thanks

Violet Evergarden had 2 or 3 episodes towards the end that made me cry, one in particular had me in full bitch tears mode, runny nose and everything.

Mushishi is an interesting one as well. It's mostly episodic so there is very little over-arching story, but almost all of the stories in each episode are sad, and quite a few of them actually have sad endings as well. The music is also especially somber and emotional. The imagery invoked is often very beautiful, so sometimes I get watery eyes just from the music and beautiful animation.

Bokurano I think might have made me cry. Been a long time since I watched it, but I always remember it as being hard to watch... not because of bad writing or anything but the actual plot (which I'm about to somewhat spoil, but not too bad) is so depressing that I felt like I was torturing myself. The basic premise involves I think around 12 children who must pilot a mecha against other mechas from alternate universes, and the loser of the battle has their universe destroyed. The real kicker is that each time a child pilots the mech, it runs off their life energy and the child dies. So after the first few pass away the rest of the kids know they're going to die no matter what they do. So, as the viewer, you also are aware that all these characters that you are investing your emotions into are already doomed. There are some other even darker elements and fucked up things that happen too. Over all pretty brutal experience.

I think I'll leave it at that. If I think of any more I'll return to post them. ^-^

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

theres alot of anime that havve made me cry, im gonna list the ones i remember right now,

- Onegai teacher : just see them apart tear me down
    - Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai :if you see it you will know
    - Isshuukan Friends : GOD! best anime ever
    . CHRONO CRUSADE: GOOOOOOD FUCKING ENDING!
    - School Rumble: not particulary sad, but it is sad how no one ends up "happy" a more realistic ending, but for a comedy anime, i grow fond of every character and seeing them not getting what they want was bad
    - XXX HOLIC: MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD
    just seeing yuuko die its so fuckign sad, seeing watanuki basically stops trying to live and sacrify himself
    and some anime movies...

- KOE NO KATACHI: perfect story, kinda cliche but once you read the manga you realize alot more that the movie omited to make it "happier"

Thanks

Kimi no Nawa definitely, over and over and over never failed to make me cry even after watching it over a hundred times and so i won't forget Spirited Away too.

P.S. Any Anime that has drama makes me cry. LOL

Kuroyukihime
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

angel beats, even do I laugh most of the time after the half of the season you start to feel sad and empty when one by one of them starts to go somewhere high above because they already done for what are the things they left behind, I don't want to spoil everything but afterlife is sure amazing indeed but never the less enjoy everything while you still alive