Share Your OS-Related Concerns/Comments/Opinions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60
  1. #1
    Former Anime Overlord


    error345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nega Nebulus
    Posts
    1,039
    Upload
    4290 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 439 Times in 220 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Share Your OS-Related Concerns/Comments/Opinions

    Os is growing at very fast rate, I was shocked when I looked at the os stats page to see "Online Users: 7,195" compared to when I first got here. The most user ever online was 8,537 which was just last month (04-07-2012 at 03:14 PM). When I came here the number of members were 41368 while os was online since sometime in August 2008, I joined in June of 2011, from that time to now we have already 73411 members in total which is approximately 3/4 additionally of the amount it was 10 months ago. Os is rapidly growing which causes an increasing stress on it's bandwidth. Since we're talking about bandwidth I noticed os didn't meet it's donation last month, I hate that, knowing all the site is and all I've done and sacrificed for it. Yes, I have uploaded alot of anime here. Currently I think we are in need of uploaders, so I encourage anyone to try to upload anime, and I'm not talking about doing it for the color status, be serious. Uploading directly affects the site, it's what keeps os going, if we don't have people to add mainstream anime or just anime in general then we'd loose viewers hence no donations as well and you know what that means. If you ever experienced anime being added here late don't complain because it's voluntary work if you think you can add it here on time please do so in cases of the free for all anime (free for all are naruto shippuuden, fairy tail, and one piece). Also alot of new anime of this season are still unreserved. However, I would say you pick an anime from the request thread before atempting mainstream because you will need to be punctual and know to convert properly so as to avoid errors on those before uploading. Believe me when a mainstream has a broken video the shoutbox becomes like an equation of "video error + sb = # of complaints" Lol. Don't complain simply use the report feature below the respective video and the uploader will be notified. Uploading is tedious work but it pays off if it keeps the site you love up and running. Additionally, sometimes when anime arrive here late it's not always the uploaders being busy. Because there are often times the system takes 5-12hrs to update after the link/s are sent. This is an issue I hope the v3 fixes. Yes also the lagging, I was surprised os has become a monster that eats cpu lol, I reload my page whenever this happens (it seems to work for me) also the cache clearing works (ctrl+shift+del simultaneously). Use this thread to post your concerns and thoughts let's hear what the members have to say, and strictly no bashing or whining.


    This thread was created in an atempt to boost community activity and raise awareness.
    This thread is not to post video problems etc. any comment I don't see fit I'll have removed.
    Related http://otaku-streamers.com/community...eciated-enough
    Related http://otaku-streamers.com/community...ners-Edition-D)


    Dark Clouds in the sky With spells and witchcraft
    I'm chained below
    Kimi ni todoke // Lovely complex // Shiki // Ghost Hunt ..

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to error345 For This Useful Post:

    dab117 (05-01-2012), honynclovr (05-01-2012), lastshin (05-01-2012), Louise Chan (04-22-2014), LouNa (05-01-2012), polysting (05-01-2012), Rakkun (05-02-2012)

  3. #2
    Ecchi Knight lastshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    free loader at my hime :3
    Posts
    467
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    the lagging... clearing the cache was the best remedy for it xD "at least for me :D"


    thx for making this thread error :D
    Last edited by lastshin; 05-01-2012 at 01:21 AM.


    Her eyes can turn into a cage that will lock you up for all eternity

  4. #3
    OS Supporter honynclovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    35
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    It might be good to post a tutorial on how to upload anime to the site. Because I would love to help the OS but I have absolutely no idea where to even start. Do you just find the anime on the internet and download it then upload it to the site? Do you have to own the anime? I truthfully have no idea how the whole process works at all. If there is a tutorial already on the OS let me know where it's at, if not it would definitely help me, and others who would like to help upload.
    The Tea Drinking Clover Waving Onee-Chan is here!

  5. #4
    Dabilish-sensei


    dab117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    453
    Upload
    264 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 101 Times in 46 Posts

    Default

    There is already a "How to Upload" thread, but I don't think anyone would look into it unless they are serious about uploading. Speaking from an uploader's point of view, yes, it is definitely time consuming and given the lives that each and every one of us has (especially if you work in the Army like me with ridiculous superiors), uploading animes can be definitely be seen as a waste of whatever time that we have on our off days.

    But one of the main reasons why I still continue to upload is because I like to share, and I really love this website. Even with its slow streaming speeds, I still wait for any videos that I want to watch to fully stream by doing something else and watch it here in OS. Sure the number of episodes that I've uploaded can never compare to the Uploading Giants (like Jim having over 8000 uploads, and other moderators and uploaders), but I recognise the fact that this is sheer voluntary hard work.

    Sure, I initially started uploading to gain the yellow title, and could have just stopped there once I reached 100uploads, but I didn't, and I even continue to upload ongoing and upcoming animes in 2012. Being an uploader is just one of the few things I really take pride patronising in OS. Heck, I even made deals with other uploaders over what animes that we're going to split and upload for ourselves, and we also help each other out when we are unable to upload (Special thanks to Kobowo, junbillgahi for their help)

    As for streaming speeds, we can really do anything about that. Plans for server upgrades are already on the way, but we can never get there unless the donations are met. Note that OS is one of the few, if not the ONLY, anime site that doesn't use advertisements. But perhaps this is like an extinction event for OS, where those who only bumped into this site to stream animes get so annoyed with the slow streaming speeds that they leave, thus leaving behind the users that come to this site out of site-loyalty and for the community. Only then can the number of users online be drastically reduced, thus OS will go back to normalcy.

  6. #5
    †hE DevÅs†Å†eD DarkHiME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On the other side of sorrow.
    Posts
    60
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Those who love OS must respond to this in defense of the threats that OS is currently facing due to its rapid increase in population.. though I can't donate and upload for now since, I'm just a regular student, when I find a job, I will find ways to repay my debt to OS.. All hail Otaku Streamers!
    Last edited by DarkHiME; 05-01-2012 at 06:03 AM.


  7. #6
    + ANIME LOVER+ lacus99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    philipines
    Posts
    331
    Otaku Lvl
    5
    Thanks
    117
    Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    my only complain is why is it sever down sometimes plss do something about it

  8. #7
    OS Supporter honynclovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    35
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I found the Uploading thread and downloaded FF (Format Factory) but what do I do next? I'm serious about uploading, so where do you guys usually find your videos at?
    The Tea Drinking Clover Waving Onee-Chan is here!

  9. #8
    - Prov -
    provinfistor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The control room of the Chandelier.
    Posts
    4
    Otaku Lvl
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yeah this place is great. I wasnt on at all last month due to some serious insanity with work and school
    but my semester ends next week, and work is cooling down. So I'll be able to invest time here again. I also am an avid donator. This is a pretty awesome place, they've got almost everything.

  10. #9
    OS Regular ikki09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.cruz, manila
    Posts
    24
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    my only complain is .. while streaming .. i got log because of the lively people in the Shout Box ..like stop there and stop here.. u know what i mean..so thats only my complain nothing else. its good to have lively people but please fix this God damn problem.

  11. #10
    Former Anime Overlord


    error345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nega Nebulus
    Posts
    1,039
    Upload
    4290 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 439 Times in 220 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by honynclovr View Post
    It might be good to post a tutorial on how to upload anime to the site. Because I would love to help the OS but I have absolutely no idea where to even start. Do you just find the anime on the internet and download it then upload it to the site? Do you have to own the anime? I truthfully have no idea how the whole process works at all. If there is a tutorial already on the OS let me know where it's at, if not it would definitely help me, and others who would like to help upload.
    Tutorials http://otaku-streamers.com/community...-How-to-upload and
    http://otaku-streamers.com/community...ners-Edition-D). Google the names and you'll find the software source.

    Quote Originally Posted by honynclovr View Post
    I found the Uploading thread and downloaded FF (Format Factory) but what do I do next? I'm serious about uploading, so where do you guys usually find your videos at?
    You find videos at download sites, fansubs and torrent. There is no one download site that has all anime, so I recommend you use a 'google search' for your source.
    Finding the anime is the most basic thing about uploading the hard part is converting them. Posts your questions concerning uploading on either of the above upload threads.

    Quote Originally Posted by dab117 View Post
    There is already a "How to Upload" thread, but I don't think anyone would look into it unless they are serious about uploading. Speaking from an uploader's point of view, yes, it is definitely time consuming and given the lives that each and every one of us has (especially if you work in the Army like me with ridiculous superiors), uploading animes can be definitely be seen as a waste of whatever time that we have on our off days.

    But one of the main reasons why I still continue to upload is because I like to share, and I really love this website. Even with its slow streaming speeds, I still wait for any videos that I want to watch to fully stream by doing something else and watch it here in OS. Sure the number of episodes that I've uploaded can never compare to the Uploading Giants (like Jim having over 8000 uploads, and other moderators and uploaders), but I recognise the fact that this is sheer voluntary hard work.

    Sure, I initially started uploading to gain the yellow title, and could have just stopped there once I reached 100uploads, but I didn't, and I even continue to upload ongoing and upcoming animes in 2012. Being an uploader is just one of the few things I really take pride patronising in OS. Heck, I even made deals with other uploaders over what animes that we're going to split and upload for ourselves, and we also help each other out when we are unable to upload (Special thanks to Kobowo, junbillgahi for their help)

    As for streaming speeds, we can really do anything about that. Plans for server upgrades are already on the way, but we can never get there unless the donations are met. Note that OS is one of the few, if not the ONLY, anime site that doesn't use advertisements. But perhaps this is like an extinction event for OS, where those who only bumped into this site to stream animes get so annoyed with the slow streaming speeds that they leave, thus leaving behind the users that come to this site out of site-loyalty and for the community. Only then can the number of users online be drastically reduced, thus OS will go back to normalcy.
    Yeah, it's good when uploaders can cooperate, it makes uploading more efficient and easier. Due to my current unstable net I'm unable to upload and asked for help, mistake aka mlcdl with some anime (made a post about it on the Uploader's Lounge). An extinction event hmm.. my only worry is that not only do we lose random members but also our current or potential donators.

    Quote Originally Posted by lacus99 View Post
    my only complain is why is it sever down sometimes plss do something about it
    Well the cause might be the high traffic; a number of members trying to use the site at the same time and the server can't keep up resulting in no access or slows down. Remember ppl are also busy in real life but the admin alway kicks os back and running. Idk much about these stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by ikki09 View Post
    my only complain is .. while streaming .. i got log because of the lively people in the Shout Box ..like stop there and stop here.. u know what i mean..so thats only my complain nothing else. its good to have lively people but please fix this God damn problem.
    Everyone experiences the same as you, when you ask questions in that manner nothing will be solved. Go here http://otaku-streamers.com/community/usercp.php at the bottom left corner click "OS shoutbox is: on" to turn it off <-- will be in red when off.


    Dark Clouds in the sky With spells and witchcraft
    I'm chained below
    Kimi ni todoke // Lovely complex // Shiki // Ghost Hunt ..

  12. #11
    Lift Heavy~


    Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    891
    Upload
    28 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 149 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    for me i have no complaints, OS is great and i am grateful for the people that uploads videos and that they try to make this site even better, thanks guys!! :)

  13. #12
    Retired Staff

    Prototype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Constantly relocating
    Posts
    253
    Upload
    285 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    These kinds of threads are blessings and curses. More uploaders does mean faster productivity and things will be out at a faster pace. On the other hand, we will have those people that upload videos with problems and not take responsibility for them. They won't fix them and they will be left for us to fix, like they usually are. They upload only for the sole purpose of becoming an uploader. For the title and color. After that, they don't care.

    Those are the kinds of people that I don't want on our team. I'm just fine with them being apart of the OS family, but if your going to take responsibility, you better be able to keep it and keep up.

  14. #13
    OS Supporter honynclovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    35
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    In the uploading thread it also talks about once you've converted the file to a stream-able mp4 on Bencos to then upload it to megaupload via megamanager.. and then to send our link to it in, .but Megaupload was taken out a while ago labled as a pirating site. So where do we put the videos once we have them all converted and ready to go?
    The Tea Drinking Clover Waving Onee-Chan is here!

  15. #14
    Former Anime Overlord


    error345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nega Nebulus
    Posts
    1,039
    Upload
    4290 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 439 Times in 220 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    These kinds of threads are blessings and curses. More uploaders does mean faster productivity and things will be out at a faster pace. On the other hand, we will have those people that upload videos with problems and not take responsibility for them. They won't fix them and they will be left for us to fix, like they usually are. They upload only for the sole purpose of becoming an uploader. For the title and color. After that, they don't care.

    Those are the kinds of people that I don't want on our team. I'm just fine with them being apart of the OS family, but if your going to take responsibility, you better be able to keep it and keep up.
    My exact thoughts as I was creating this thread, because I have helped persons become uploader and now all that remains are broken video and streaming page left messed up. That's why I'll only point people in the right direction not entirely coach them, they must show that they are serious to be an uploader. I also recommend that they upload from the request threads first to avoid problems on new anime. I think os should enforce the rule of not giving the status until 12 and over or the entire series is complete I think it was. I see it has both good and bad side effects but without striving for change we can never have it or we wouldn't have any uploader in the first place. Btw can you keep an eye out here for any bashing post towards to site.

    Quote Originally Posted by honynclovr View Post
    In the uploading thread it also talks about once you've converted the file to a stream-able mp4 on Bencos to then upload it to megaupload via megamanager.. and then to send our link to it in, .but Megaupload was taken out a while ago labled as a pirating site. So where do we put the videos once we have them all converted and ready to go?
    Use mediafire.


    Dark Clouds in the sky With spells and witchcraft
    I'm chained below
    Kimi ni todoke // Lovely complex // Shiki // Ghost Hunt ..

  16. #15
    Time Lord - Oz
    GerZa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    56
    Otaku Lvl
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    No complaints here. I love it, and coming across this wonderland was a blessing.

    I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to dedicate any of my time for uploading, sadly. I don't stick with things easily enough, and I'm always short on time.

    Hopefully once I'm out of school(Finishing up last year now) and I get a job, I'll be able to donate. When I can I will gladly do so.

    And while I'm here, I don't see why thanking the uploaders for their work would be a bad idea. So thanks, you all are wonderful :3
    El. Psy. Congroo.

  17. #16
    OS Patron


    Bunislipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kindgom
    Posts
    2,201
    Upload
    1210 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 603 Times in 314 Posts

    Default

    I have no complaints for OS at this given moment. Yes - sometimes it is slow and Yes - sometimes there is a database error but with how many members we have (and rapidly rising) it's no wonder we are having these problems to begin with.


    As for people wanting up upload perhaps you should disable to whole "colour" thing for a bit so you know who is serious about it? Or have them apply as mods do so you know their schedules, where they get their anime, etc etc.

    Just throwing ideas out. Sorry if they do not help.

  18. #17
    Junior Member Blackstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    crossroads of time
    Posts
    25
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Slow streaming is fine, lag is fine(got used to it), Database error.......I can handle it I just have one question. whats the purpose of the beta site shouldn't it be easier to maintain if there is only one site just asking.

    and also what benefits do you get if you change colors?

  19. #18
    RAWR~

    rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    268
    Upload
    447 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I agree with Prototype about the good and the bad that comes with these posts. Thank you error for posting such a thread. It would be great to have more dedicated uploaders but it's tough to commit to keeping up the job sometimes. I can vouch myself that being an uploader is tiring and time-consuming. I've even taken a hiatus from uploading for a good 6+ months (hardware issues on the multiple computers in this household), but I decided to help out error when he said that he's having problems keeping up with his uploads due to internet issues. It's not something he can control and it would suck to see the hundreds of viewers for those anime titles to be disappointed. I'm more than willing to help (both mentally and physically ... waiting for 3+ hours to finish one episode to upload is tiring) when the need arises and I hope everyone can do the same for others.


    As for donating it's understandable why we're not meeting our quota. Economy is down and the job market is lower than ever. I'm surprised that we're meeting 3/4 of the amount. I remember thinking that I'll donate when I have the money, but honestly it's hard getting a good paying job and having to pay off debts and bills. It's not an easy task. I will try my best when I do manage to have some cash sparingly laying about but even then saving is also of main concern as well.

    All in all, I want to say thanks to those who have dedicated their money and hard work to make this site the best that it can be. Even though I felt like I didn't do much (especially compared to others) a little bit of something and following it through all the way is what makes this site and community such a great place to be in!
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust. -T.S. Elliot

  20. #19
    What are you looking at!? SugarKetch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With (눈‸눈 )
    Posts
    590
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Umm, I don't know if I'm right, but, I always ended up being left behind in my OS shoutbox... You know, like, maybe it's slow? o.O
    Last edited by SugarKetch; 05-11-2012 at 06:50 AM.

  21. #20
    Void Keeper maoyurui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere Deep in the Void
    Posts
    244
    Otaku Lvl
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 54 Times in 46 Posts

    Default

    Truth be told. Even if you are a student or Jobless, if a person wants to he or she can help OS. Sure you can say I don't have money etch. but unless your under 10 (heck unless your from good o'l USA) then contributing isn't that hard. even one dollar is a lot. If every member of OS heck even if just 1000 members give a dollar, OS wouldn't have any problem. That's automatically having 1000 Dollars a month.

    Now comes the problem. There are 3 types of people that are Using OS. 1st ones Basically they are the ones contributing greatly to this sites success, The Donators, Staff and the Uploaders. The 2nd ones are those who wants to give something back to the site but cannot do so coz they have no clue how Ex.: They want to upload but has a hard time figuring out the upload system or is either restrained by the "reserve" rule. Or The ones who wants to Contribute money but can't coz of the way how to contribute to OS is limited. To make it simple not everybody has any credit card or bank accounts. This is most especially true for students who want to contribute. Now the 3rd people are the plain lechers (and has the tenacity to complain A LOT), the "Oh there are many people who would contribute" thinking people and the reapers of videos.

    To be frank the 2nd type of people can actually help but then again the Contributing part is as hard to do most especially if your country is far away. Frankly I'm not a rich guy and I only have a simple work living on a small country (and our country isn't that rich either). But I can save up some money to contribute but the contribution method... That's the only problem I have. To make it short I just wish there is another way for us to contribute to this wonderful site that doesn't require having a credit card or paypal. Now that I think about it whenever I play a game that is based either in US or EU server I'm having the same problem, I want to buy something from the games market/shop but can't coz of the payment method .

    Anyway if the 2nd type of people's problem can be solved then it will really help the Site. But as for the 3rd type... Lets pray that they just change their views and start being concern to the site.

    Anyway this are just my point of view and I do hope I didn't offended anyone here, if I did my sincerest Apology. Cheers and Peace.
    Last edited by maoyurui; 05-11-2012 at 07:21 AM.
    D:\Downloads\eg3lh3.jpg
    LIGHTNING QUEEN RELENA PEACECRAFT
    Spanking Heero all the way Home

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •